1750 Zilla - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Zilla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

1750 Zilla

Hive Fleet Tempestus – 1750 pts

HQ:

Tyrant w/ ES, TS, wings, toxic miasma, FH, 2x TL-devs and warp field
    206 pts

Tyrant w/ ES, TS, BS + VC and the shadow in the warp
    2x tyrant guard
    257 pts

Elites:

Dakkafex, ES, FH, 2x TL-devs
    114 pts

114 pts

114 pts

Troops:

4x ripper swarms

4x ripper swarms

4x ripper swarms

4x ripper swarms

4x ripper swarms

4x ripper swarms

Fast attack:

Ravener w/ RC + ST
    40 pts

Ravener w/ RC + ST
    40 pts

Ravener w/ RC + ST
    40 pts

Heavy support:

Sniperfex, ES, EC, RC, spine banks and VC + BS
    193 pts

193 pts

193 pts

Total:
    1744 pts
    8 MCs (39 wounds)
    117 total wounds

C&C welcome!

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

well its certainly zilla:

Shadow in the Warp - not the greatest power in the world - not usless, but can backfire and not work - e.g. against eldar

Rippers - give them leaping legs - it will be worth the points if they get close enough to start tieing up units - other wise your opponent will ignor and retreat from them whilst concnetrating on the bigger targets.

Zoanthropes - when I run nid lists I never leave home without these guys - 3 of them with warpblast are, IMO, better than a loan sniperfex. granted you are getting no more shots - and there is a risk attached to the shots, but you get 3 high save and medium wound creatures to put onto the board. Further, give them catalyst and watch as your oppoent cries as the rippers stay alive whilst countering his close combat troops - and regular troops as well.

Other than that not much more to say - strong zilla
    I would like stealers in the list, but cutting out the rippers only gives you space for 15 and I don't think that in a list like this 15 are enough - it just seems to little of a threat - even though stealers are good combatants and those ravenes are all alone inthe close combat line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big advocate to multiple Genestealers in my Zilla armies. Zilla armies, contrary to popular belief, suck in close combat. Genestealers fill that gap quite nicely. It's also somewhat difficult to take out heavily armored tanks with your crappy BS on the highest Strength weapons in your army so the rending adds a little boost to that ability (albeit minor).

My biggest complaint is your Winged Tyrant. In my experience my Winged Tyrant dies STUPID fast. Don't soak so many points in him just to watch him fall on Turn one or two. Most people think Synapse is a big issue in Zilla armies (in your case it would be; Genestealers not at all) so they go after the easily killable "squishy" Tyrant first.

I usually take a Tyrant costing around 140-160 points, no more. My Tyrant with guards is usually the one that rolls in at about 290ish (with guards).
    Chaos - 55,000+ points
    Tyranids - 15,000+ points
    Necrons - 6000 points

+ Reply to Thread