2000 - Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 - Mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 - Mech

I am working on my first Eldar list...playing Necrons currently and want to add a second army...Please let me know your thoughts on this list and provide your suggestions...

Phoenix Lord Baharroth 200pts leading...
    5 Swooping Hawks 105 pts
    1 SH Exarch w/ Sunrifle 48 pts

Autarch w/ Power Weapon & Sc. Chainsword 85 pts, in Waveserpentleading...
    10 Dire Avengers 120 pts
    1 DA Exarch w/ Power Weapon & Shimmershield 39 pts
    1 Waveserpent w/ Star Engines, TL Scatter Laser 160 pts

5 Pathfinders 120 pts

4 Guardian Jet Bikes 88 pts led by...
    1 Warlock (jet bike) w/ Enhance Power 60 pts

3 Vyper Jet Bikes w/ Star Engines, Holo-fields & Spirit Stones 385 pts (two bikes have Missle Launchers and the third has Bright Lance)

1 Falcon Grav Tank w/ Holo-field, Star Engines, Spirit Stones & Bright Lance 215 pts

2 Fire Prism Grav Tanks w/ Holo-fields, Spirit Stones & Star Engines 370 pts

Total 1995 pts

I am looking forward to getting some feedback on improving this list...hopefully I don't have to chuck the entire thing!

Fluff-wise I built this with Yme-Loc in mind...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you have a very fast and mobile list. However, the pathfinders are going to be left behind rather quickly. I would give the jet bikes shuricannons if you can spare the points (drop an avenger, can only be max of 10 in a squad, including exarch). Im also not sure if i would give the warlock enhance, but I dont have any great suggestions for you. I have never used Swooping Hawks, so i can't comment too much, just that i havent seen too many lists with them. Fire prisms dont need Star Engines, maybe vectored engines instead if you want to improve their survivability. I would also be careful how many points you put into the vypers, they are only armour 10. I also think weapons with more shots work better on vypers due to their low balistic skill. I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dwalker!

I have made the following changes based on your advice:

Autarch w/ Power Weapon & Sc. Chainsword 85 pts, in Waveserpent leading...
    9 Dire Avengers 108 pts
    1 DA Exarch w/ Power Weapon, Bladestorm & Shimmershield 54 pts
    1 Waveserpent w/ Star Engines, TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon 170 pts

5 Pathfinders 120 pts

3 Vyper Jet Bikes w/ Star Engines, Shuriken Cannons, Holo-fields & Spirit Stones 405 pts (two bikes have Scatter Lasers and the third has Bright Lance)

1 Falcon Grav Tank w/ Holo-field, Star Engines, Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones & Bright Lance 215 pts

2 Fire Prism Grav Tanks w/ Holo-fields, Spirit Stones & Shuriken Cannons 340 pts

Total 1998 pts

I would like to hear more thoughts/critizisms on the revisions. I wanted to upgrade the Jetbikes with Shuriken Cannons as well but don't know where to get the 40 pts...

Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to remove the Cannons from the Prisms and Waveserpent in order to give 3 Jetbikes Cannons...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Have to say I think this is one of the weaker pheaonix lords and I don't like swooping hawks.

Autarch: Yuck. He is poor with St3 power weapons or St4 without. Drop him for a farseer.

Avengers: OK. Serpent can loose star engines. Could spend the points on a bright lance.

Pathfinders: fine.

Vipers: Go for 2 shuriken cannon on each viper and no other upgrades. Holofields and stones are a waste on such fragile units. You could even buy 6 of them for less points than you are spending at the moment. 6xSt6 shots on vehicle's flank armour really hurt. 36 shots can really hurt a whole armoured company:happy:.

Falcon: You need to keep moving 6" to keep "all hits glancing" so you can't fire the BL and pulse laser in the same turn. Scatter laser or star cannon would be better. Vectored engines instead of star engines but you could go without to keep the points down.

Prisms: Excellent.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Largely agree with madcat, lets see, specifically:

QUOTE=Sune2B;1085813]
    Autarch w/ Power Weapon & Sc. Chainsword 85 pts, in Waveserpent leading...
    very weak, cheap but very weak, he will tend to only wound 1 in 3 hits against MEQs which is akin to ignoring the fact he has a power weapon, yriel or a strong pheonix lord would be a far stronger choice, that said he is cheap
    9 Dire Avengers 108 pts
    1 DA Exarch w/ Power Weapon, Bladestorm & Shimmershield 54 pts
    1 Waveserpent w/ Star Engines, TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon 170 pts
    [/quote]
    doesnt need star engines but does need spirit stones, desperatley
    5 Pathfinders 120 pts
    not hugely effective, can probabyl spend the points elsewhere better
    no, these are useless in combat even with enhance, loose a biker, add a cannon, add a singing spear to the warlock and replace enhance with embolden and you have a nice squad (and some spare points)
    (quote0
    3 Vyper Jet Bikes w/ Star Engines, Shuriken Cannons, Holo-fields & Spirit Stones 405 pts (two bikes have Scatter Lasers and the third has Bright Lance)
    [/quote]
    good god no, dont waste points on upgrades on vypers
    dont put single shot weapons on them either (BL must go)
    just take them bare and give them either a shuriken cannon or a scatter laser, in the direst of circumstances a star cannon
    Then consider upgrading the catapults to a cannon (but bear in mind if the current rumours of 5th edare true this is probably a waste too).
    Now last trick, field vypers in lots of small squads not one large one, makes you more resilient and more dangerous
    1 Falcon Grav Tank w/ Holo-field, Star Engines, Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones & Bright Lance 215 pts
    star engines are pointless, Bright lance is a waste, you cant fire that and the pulse laser in the same turn, switch it for a scatter laser
    2 Fire Prism Grav Tanks w/ Holo-fields, Spirit Stones & Shuriken Cannons 340 pts
    Fine
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am curious why the Swooping Hawks aren't liked more.

I have noticed this on more than one thread. Of course having never used them...nor any Eldar for that matter...I am curious to know.

Perhaps it is my ignorance but I think they could be quite useful with the grenade packs, hit and run and sky leap in particular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the Autarch can't be equipt with both power weapon and chainsword, it says they may have one single handed weapon. Besides why wouldn't you give him a fusion gun and maybe some mandi-blasters. Also the wave serpents points are all wrong. It should be 140pts as you have it. Apart from that i agree with Cheredanines synopsis, vypers work best with scatterlaser/shuricannons, and don't waste points on holos for them (stones may even be going to far), the falcon doesn't benefit from a bright lance again maybe an eml (which can fire plasma as a defensive weapon or become your main gun should a weapon destroyed come about) or a fast firing weapon again, star engines are pointless. Also you need stones on all your tanks, a stunned eldar tank is a dead one. And jetbikes need a shuricannon and either embolden or distructor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

Revised List:

Phoenix Lord Baharroth 200pts leading...
    5 Swooping Hawks 105 pts
    1 SH Exarch w/ Sunrifle 48 pts

I am intrigued by this Aspect and want to see how they do...supporting, dropping packs, hit and run...

Farseer on Jetbike w/Doom, Guide, Stones, Singing Spear 153 pts
    4 Warlocks on Jetbikes w/Conceal, Enhance, Destructor (x2), Spears 227 pts

9 Dire Avengers 120 pts
    1 DA Exarch w/ twin Catapults, Bladestorm & Defend 69 pts
    1 Waveserpent w/ Spirit Stones, TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon 145 pts

7 Pathfinders 168 pts

2 Vyper Jet Bikes w/ Shuriken Cannons 120 pts

2 Vyper Jet Bikes w/ Shuriken Cannons 120 pts

3 War Walkers w/ Star Cannons & Spirit Stones 180 pts

1 Fire Prism Grav Tank w/ Holo-fields, Spirit Stones & Shuriken Cannon 170 pts

1 Fire Prism Grav Tank w/ Holo-fields, Spirit Stones & Shuriken Cannon 170 pts

Total 1995 pts

I would still like to hear some thoughts on the Swooping Hawks.

LET ME HAVE IT!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Against horde armies Swooping Hawks can be nasty as their grenade packs can be very powerful and the firepower they can dish out can be nasty. However against armies with saves better than 4+ they can be stymied. It really depends on what army you are playing against, they are good against some but bad against others.

JvK :happy:
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast