1500 Assassination Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Assassination Tournament

Hi all,

This Saturday my GS is holding an "Assassination tourney" The ruleset is 1500 pts and only 1 (one) HQ choice. Extra 200 VP for killing the enemy commander. The following in my build and my strategy. Please give all comments you feel are constructive.

Eldrad Ulthran

Harleys x 5 w/kisses
    Shadowseer w/kiss

Pathfinders x 5
    Pathfinders x 5
    Pathfinders x 5
    Pathfinders x 5

Dark reapers x 4
    exarch w/ FS CS ML

Dark reapers x 4
    exarch w/ FS CS ML

Falcon w/Scan/TLscat/holo/spirit/vectored

I plan to start Eldrad with the harleys for no other reason that the possibility I do not get first turn. The shadowseer's veil will keep fire away from him to start. the reason I took Eldrad in the first place is his complete versatility and his ability to use 3 psychic's each turn. Thats both reaper squads guided.

During my first turn Eldrad will leave the harleys and snuggle into the terrain the reapers are in. the harleys will load up in the falcon and it will head down a flank. The reaper exarchs have missle launchers for 2 reasons. Thats 4 almost guaranteed kraks on a vehicle each turn with Eldrad guiding them every round. Also, with FS its the same as having the reaper launcher except its str 8 and ap 2. If any footsloggers get withing 24 inches of the reapers Eldrad uses his 3rd psychic to doom them....and then the reapers unload. Not too many squads will hold up to that.

2nd turn assuming the falcon is alive, it will hyperspeed down the enemy lines tank shocking everything in its path.

3rd turn it drops the harleys which go directly into combat. IF all goes to plan the game wont last much past the 4th turn.

Oh yeah...and I have 20 snipers hiding in buildings with a 2+ coversave firing 20 shots each round.. That will average 3-4 ap1 kills each turn.

thanks in advance for advice/comments

Have fun!

O.T.

Armies to date:
    2500 Ogre Kingdoms
    3000 Skaven
    2500 Tomb Kings
    2500 Necrons
    3000 Eldar
    3000 Tyranids
    1500 Space MArines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

you seriously need to re-read the rules on targetting ICs I suspect, Eldrad is resonably safe on his own, he doesnt need harleys and your snipers are not going to get potshots at his HQs nore are they likey to achieve much, aversaging something like 4 MEQ kills per turn from about 480 points is pretty worthless
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have to agree, I think eldrad and pathfinders work well together (doom a unit, pin a unit), but I worry about how this army will handle armour, a couple of preds/russes/hammerheads are going to really dominate the board against you (barring some lucky rolls). 6 S8 shots a turn isn't going to do much to them and if the reaper exarchs are shooting a vehicles then the reapers are standing around being bullet magnets and not killing MEQ's. The other thing you might want to be careful of is any army with any transports are going to take out your pathfinders/reapers in short order. Personally it just seems a little too static for my tastes but that is the joy of this game, different strokes for different folks. Best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread