500 pt. Escalation League - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pt. Escalation League

Since the Local League is starting up, thought I'd pare down for a bit, play small engagements w/ nids. I think this list is rather heavy, but given the favoring of Tau about, I'm hoping to make a mess of them.

HQ: Hive Tyrant Venom Cannon, TL Devourers, TS, ES, EC -174 pts
    Tyrant Guard, vanilla 45 pts

Troops: @$$load of Gaunts 1, 14 w/ fleshborers 84pts
    @$$load of Gaunts 2, 14 w/ fleshborers 84pts

Heavy Support: Carnifex 2 Sets of TL Devourers 113pts

The only part on this list I'm leery of is the 'fex, thinking I might be better with some 'thropes and fewer gaunts. Though 'Nid lists frequently suffer from the lack of anti-tank anyway. Figure I'll just glance skimmers to death.

Responses welcome! :drinking:

Last edited by Slithyr; February 2nd, 2008 at 19:01.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

might be an idea (if tau are around) to consider hormagaunts over termagauts - the extra long charge distance can get them into close combate without having to sit another turn in the rapid fire range - which the termagaunts will have to do.
    As for the fex and anti tank - the zoanthrope is tough = but I would be inclined to keep the carnifex with devourers - more shots and also, as you say, good for skimmer killing

+ Reply to Thread