Help! What?!? Necrons never ask for help! 1850 list here... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Help! What?!? Necrons never ask for help! 1850 list here...

I am thinking about taking my Necrons to a 1850 pts tournament in three months (Adepticon). I am an SOB player and will be taking part in a Team Tournament with a WH coalition.
    However, the following day is going to be a “singles” day and I would like to take a break from Sisters and perhaps take my Necrons for a spin, which are still fairly new to me.
    I took over a rather large army, and expanded it to be able to field a reasonable selection of (well painted) models I think:

3xLord (1 Destroyer)
    12 Flayed Ones
    10 Immortals
    6 Wraiths
    Numerous Scarabs
    10 Destroyers
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    50ish Warriors
    2 Monoliths (could paint the 3rd one soon)

Now, as I played with them only several games, I am not exactly sure of what would be a good list to field. I am thinking that I should go either:
    1) With a ton of Warriors (as much as I own) supported by some Destroyers, mostly walking,
    2) With a full wing of 10 Destroyers, some Heavies and the rest in Warriors (maybe Scarabs),
    3) With two Monoliths and Warriors (Immortals) to be able to Veil 3 units at a time, putting my money of jumping around and rapid firing.

“Flying Circus” seems to be a popular approach (Immortals), and I am also inclined to use the Monoliths as they are the newest models that I purchased. However the sight of 10 Destroyers (or 3x3) should also be something not frown upon.

Which way should I possibly go?

Brainstorming #1

1 Lord @ 150 Pts WarScythe; Orb
    6 Scarab Swarms
    16 Warriors
    16 Warriors
    16 Warriors
    16 Warriors
    1 Monolith
    1 Monolith
    Total Roster Cost: 1844

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been working on some lists for the GT and rogue traders around the east coast and this list seems to playtest well

lord with orb and veil
    2x 15 warriors
    9 immotrals
    3 wraiths
    2x 5 destroyers
    monolith

should be exactly 1850
    enough numbers to not phase, wraiths work wonders for such a cheap squad, flying circus the lord with immortal and the lith usually used to bail out warriors of trouble, destoyers either flank or run them straight up the middle if theres alot of fodder fire. the T5 will keep you safe. tinker with it any way ya like!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I like your list - should have all the models, no problem.
    Will try to give it a test flight soon actually!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good list THEN_NECRONTYR suggested. I'd drop 2 destroyers though and go with extra immortal and couple of more warriors. Maybe even divide those warriors for 3 squads of 10, 10 and 12 in that case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

got to agree with you lordV an extra immortal is nice and will keep squad numbers up and u can just drop 1 destroyer and make 3 squadsof 3 destroyers that way. just add a warrior to 1 squad and you're done

lord with orb and veil
    1x 15 warriors
    1x 16 warriors
    10 immotrals
    3 wraiths
    3x 3 destroyers
    monolith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't have 3 destroyer squads and a wraith squad though. So you'd have to go with 4 and 5 destroyers or 4 and 4 destroyers + extra warriors as a I suggested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Yes - Wraiths and Destroyers are both "FAST ATTACK" choice... Spliting Warriors in 2 vs. 3 squads gives you one less unit to "content" for the Monoliths portal, but I guess takes away a separate squad for scorring/targetting... I am always affraid though to have too many Immortals jumping around as it is a lot of points, on top of your Lord that can get itself into trouble fast.

You guys think that FOnes are not worth taking? Probably not if there are Wraiths around.

Thanks for help - I will for sure try your suggestions this week!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

OK - I am going to playtest two lists - one that was suggested by The Necrontyr (the more I look at it the more I like it) and the second one that has two Monoliths. Here it is:

1 Lord, WarScythe; Destroyer Body; Resurrection Orb
    5 Destroyers
    5 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths
    16 Warriors
    16 Warriors
    1 Monolith
    1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 1849
    Idea: Warriors would stay close to the Liths (perhaps use 3 smaller squads: 10, 10, 12 to allow keeping 12 Warriors in reserve), whereas Lord would stick with the "jetbikers"...

You think that the two Liths are worth taking out the Immortals? THX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

hmm don't know if the 2 lith's are worth it but it offer's nice displacement. just play test it with some proxies dfor now and see what works out best and let us know what worked well for you

+ Reply to Thread