[1500] All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

[1500] All Comers

I've been running this list (and slight variations of it) for a few games now. Thought I'd get some input on it if anyone has the time.

HQ
    [194] - Hive Tyrant: Toxin Sacs, Winged, Enhanced Senses, Flesh Hooks, 2x TL Dev, Warp Field

Troops
    [200] - Brood of 10 Genestealers: EC
    [200] - Brood of 10 Genestealers: EC
    [150] - Brood of 10 Hormogaunts: AG (I), AG (WS), Toxin Sacs, Flesh Hooks
    [150] - Brood of 10 Hormogaunts: AG (I), AG (WS), Toxin Sacs, Flesh Hooks

Fast Attack
    [40] - Ravenar: ST+RC

Heavy Support
    [110] - 2x Zoanthropes: Synapse, Psychic Scream
    [188] - Sniperfex: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, BS+VC
    [188] - Sniperfex: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace, Reinforced Chitin, BS+VC

Comments
    Hormogaunts: I know they are expensive, especially the way I've got them setup. For each of these gaunts I could get 3 spinegaunts. I just have had no luck with spinegaunts. If I'm going to have a tar pit, I'd rather it be with something that can actually wound the opponent. I've also noticed how people seem to ignore them and go after the genestealers. Most players either spread their fire out or shoot at the genestealers.

The ravenars are a new addition, I like them. I used them recently to flank my opponent. The gaunts alone would have taken three turns to kill the marine squad I was attacking, with the ravenars the squad was finished off in one turn.

Psychic scream was an after thought for the zoanthropes. Warp blast is expensive and rarely works, not to mention it draws some unwanted fire power. I chose psychic scream more for the fact that I felt I was wasting the zoanthrope by not using two powers.

Not 100% sure on the EC+Reinforced Chitin for the sniperfexes. They've been ignored in the past few games.

I love my dakka-tyrant!

Comments welcome!

Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Looks like a solid list - and you already know most of the areas where people will comment on (such as the hormagaunts).
    Personally I would try dropping the exteneded carapace on the fexes - keep the chitchin, the extra wound always has a use.
    you could then try dropping all the upgrades from the hormagaunts and use all these points to add either another group of genestealers or another group of hormagaunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Why do you put AG-WS on your Tyrant if it's supposed to be shooting? Do you mean Enhanced Senses?
    For a shooting unit a tyrant already has plenty of WS, BS is what you want to hit more with the devourers. Otherwise this looks like a very solid list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very solid

Very solid list.

I prefer more stealers or even scuttle to EC myself. But EC is a perfectly reasonable choice.

I too would run my hormies naked.

Consider SCuttler spine guants to naked hormies, They cost less pts and have the same turn two assault range. The real purpose of guants in a list like this is to lock the enemy in turn 2 so they can be finished off by the stealers in turn 3.

But all this is personal pref, your list is fine as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alzer View Post
    Why do you put AG-WS on your Tyrant if it's supposed to be shooting? Do you mean Enhanced Senses?
    For a shooting unit a tyrant already has plenty of WS, BS is what you want to hit more with the devourers. Otherwise this looks like a very solid list.
    I goofed and copied the wrong text line out of a document that I use to make my lists. I corrected the HT by dropping flesh hooks and AG and taking ES. Thanks!

More comments to come later when I can study what everyone has written.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread