1500 Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Nids

I am in a campgain at my local store that will last for three months. The first month is a 500 point matchs, the next month is a 1000 point list, and the final month is a 1500 point list. It is all Narrative driven with battles being matched up later. I am posting my 1500 point idea here and would like some advise in the following areas,

1) How to spend the last 51 points
    2) What to do to break into 1000 and 500.

Ok enough talking here is the list xD

HQ
    Tyrant + Wings + Sences + Toxic Sacs + 2 Tl Devourer + Warp Field

Elites
    3 Warriors + Enhanced Sences + Extended Carapce + Toxic Sacs + 2 Tl Devourers
    3 Warriors + Enhanced Sences + Extended Carapce + Toxic Sacs + 2 Tl Devourers

Troops
    20 Spinegaunts
    20 Spinegaunts
    20 Spinegaunts
    20 Spinegaunts
    7 Stealers
    7 Stealers

Fast Attack
    Ravenger + Talons and Rending Claws
    Ravenger + Talons and Rending Claws

Heavy
    Zoanthrope + Syanapse
    Carinfex + Venom Cannon + TL Devourer + Enhanced Sences
    Carinfex + Venom Cannon + TL Devourer + Enhanced Sences

The stealers are in groups of 7 to cut down on what I have to buy because I currently only have 6...yeah. I have 51 points left to spend and have a few ideas on what I want to do and would also like opinions on this.

1) Upgrades for Carnifexs. Either +1 Toughtness, Save, or Wounds for them both. And Catalyst on the thrope.
    2) Lictor somehow...drop a ravenger and put a lictor in and then still put Catalyst on the Thrope.
    3) Something else xD

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Eldar Craftworld Igsolus-Toc (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 3500+

Tyranids Hive Fleet Oceanus (reset for 5th)
    0 / 0 / 0 WIP around 1600 points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You couuld possibly exchange a sqad of warriors for a dakka tyrant.
    I'd also recommend giving EC to the stealers, having only two squads, they'd probably pick them out early. It may be kind of risky though, if you give them EC, they'll shoot heavy weapons at them, if not, they'll shoot rapidfire guns at em. I agree on giving the carnifex some defence. I'd recommend the +1W. Then you could probably give the thrope Warp blast if you wanted to. I like the classic Flyrant. This army seems pretty solid. A swarm with some good support.
    BTW, there called raveners. And you have 80 gaunts but only 6 stealers?!!? ;? I have like 30 stealers and only 30 gaunts! You could buy some old school stealers for pretty cheap off of ebay or the like. They come in boxes of 12 but arent customizable.
    Last edited by GH3_master; February 5th, 2008 at 03:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i like parts of your list, but there are a few weak spots.

1, your Tyrant has wings yet your whole army is walking. drop them and the warp, now u have 126 points to spend

2, 20 gaunt squads are far to un weildly, drop them down to 12 each. 286 points to spend

3, drop the genestealers down to 6. 318

4, the trope is a waste of points, does not add 1 point of offence. drop it 363 points

5, mixing range 18 with 36 on the fex is a bad idea. get 2 straglers 343

6, get one more hivetyrant to replace the trope 242

with the last 242 i would go with one more sniper fex, 94 points left, drop 2 gaunts to make a 3 man warrior squad.

there u got the synapse u needed from the warrior and tyrant.

Nids :P

Wangflurry Stonemaul US (World of Warcraft)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply guys but apon seeing the posts I feel I should answer the suggestions with my opinions. ^^ Thanks again for fast reply.

GH3_master: Thank you for the comments and suggestions.

1) Lol sorry for the mix up on the spelling of the Ravener squads xD. The g just seems to fit...anyways xD

2) There are 80 gaunts and 14 stealers. I wanted to have an effective number of stealers and basically give my opponet a choise. Hey, take the time to shoot at the tiny sqaud if you wish the overwhemling one will hit. If you don't they will hit and some gaunts. xD I might increase the number of stealers, but I HATE the look of the old ones...BLECH.

3) Yeah I am still leaning towards the upgrades on the fex's. I could eaily give both fex's + Toughness. Would be helpful. ^^

Wangflurry: You are telling me to reduce my army from high numbers and support to lower lower amounts of models. Dropping 34 models doesn't seem to be smart, when My girlfriend who is playing has 50 in her 1500 Eldar.

I am going to be playing everything on ym table agressivly and I have found that 3 shots from 4+ doesn't hit enough, plus if something manges to get to your carnifex, it is very possible, it will have no more than 2 shots and a 50% blast template to hit the incomming hidden powerfist on jump infantry.

Why is 20 gaunts to many? Seems like the more the better.
    0 / 0 / 0 3500+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like big squads of gaunts because i can get them into cover. i use my gaunts to move just ahead of my forces, the make and take charges spreading them out so it takes 2 turns to kill 40-50 points of models. when half of the enemy is in combat with gaunts i kill the rest.

with 8 models most big units will over kill a unit, wasting many shots killing nuthin
    Nids :P

Wangflurry Stonemaul US (World of Warcraft)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I see your point, and I will look into it to save me some money. Maybe knock them down to 16 each but idk.

I decided to make the first list, the 500 point, and post it here in the same thread. Could I get some feedback on this list as well. THis is the one I will use during the first month.

500 Points
    3 Warriors + Toxic Sacs + Extended Carpace + Enchanced Sences + 2 Devourers
    3 Warriors + Toxic Sacs + Extended Carpace + Enchanced Sences + 2 Devourers

Troops
    8 Spinegaunts
    8 Spinegaunts
    8 Spinegaunts
    8 Spinegaunts
    7 Stealers

I Really mostly have it like this because I am trying to save money and get into this thing now. I need to get started the first months first week has already passed xD.
    0 / 0 / 0 3500+

+ Reply to Thread