Destrukkshun Derby! [KoS 1850 Competitive] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destrukkshun Derby! [KoS 1850 Competitive]

This ia prospective Kult of Speed list that revolves around massive assaults, close range combat, and armour overload. 72 Orks are a lot to deal with, even for 1850, and ESPECIALLY when considering all of those orks are in trukks and while waaagh!ing can charge up to 26" safely through difficult terrain. The Warboss is standardly equipped, but still great at what he does. The skorcha trakks can provide screening and mutilation to opponents that leave their light armoured troops unguarded. The Deff Rolla Wagons are there primarily to soak up fire and look cool, but can still wreak havoc on enemy tanks. The planks attached on all of my trukks are to allow my boys to safely eliminate enemy tanks/dreads without disembarking. 5 s9 attacks on any tanks side armour can be deadly, and when combined with the deff rolling and the grabbin claws holding tanks hopeless in place, I should have a real destruction derby going on in the opponents endzone. This crazy style and orky shananigans should hopefully keep this otherwise uniform and repetitive list fun while still being very competitive.

Warboss Bike Claw A.Squig Cybork 150

11x Trukk Boys 1x Nob, PK, Boss Pole, Trukk, Ram, R. Launcher, Plank, 162

2x Skorcha Wartraks 80
    2x Skorcha Wartraks 80
    2x Skorcha Wartraks 80

1x BW - Rolla, Grabbin' Klaw, Riggers, ‘Ard-Top, Plates, 2x Big Shootas, Kannon 165
    1x BW - Rolla, Grabbin' Klaw, Riggers, ‘Ard-Top, Plates, 2x Big Shootas, Kannon 165

Total - 1857 (Argh 7 points over! I'll probably just cut out two boarding planks for tournaments where they will be strict about a few extra points.)

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like an extremly good army and one which if against my space marine army would trounce it. However there is a few things i would change. Firstly consider getting Wazdakka Gutsmek as your hq choice yes he is expensive but is extremly good. However i don't know you would need him with your 6 trukks anti-tank stuff. Just to note you dont really need to give your warboss cybork body, you get a 4+ cover save from exhaust cloud. Get rid of 2 boyz instead of two boarding planks( they will be key with your power klaw armoured Nobs against vehicles), and give a battle wagon red paint job to use the 5 points up meaning you will be bang on 1850.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bl00d bath76 View Post
    This looks like an extremly good army and one which if against my space marine army would trounce it. However there is a few things i would change. Firstly consider getting Wazdakka Gutsmek as your hq choice yes he is expensive but is extremly good. However i don't know you would need him with your 6 trukks anti-tank stuff. Just to note you dont really need to give your warboss cybork body, you get a 4+ cover save from exhaust cloud. Get rid of 2 boyz instead of two boarding planks( they will be key with your power klaw armoured Nobs against vehicles), and give a battle wagon red paint job to use the 5 points up meaning you will be bang on 1850.
    The cybork body does help in close combat where you can't use the cover save and the 4+ armour save is often overidden by power weapons. My trukk mobs are already maxed out, (the way I wrote it may be confusing, but there are 12 orks in each of those trukks.)
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say your list has inspired me to play speed freaks. In the new codex I was hesitant to take trukks but you are correct in the maximum assault range
    12" move (13 with red paint)
    maximum of 2" disembarkation from the trukk
    D6 from the waagh
    6" in assault

With red paint you have a 21-27" assault range (27" if you take a certain some one)
    without you have a 20"-26" assault which is still nothing to scoff at.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

+ Reply to Thread