5000 point DE for 'if it dies you might lose it' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

5000 point DE for 'if it dies you might lose it'

so, going to be doing a campaign soon, you get a 5000 point roster of units which doesn't have to follow restrictions, but for actuall battles it does
    (ie in roster i can have archon & archite but in an actuall battle i can't)
    if a unit dies, there is a 33% chance of it gettting removed for rest of campagin, so i've basicly spammed units so i'll have some left.
    but here we go

Cult of misfortune

Supreme commander:
    Wytch lord Malkath
    -Twinkle & Guillotine
    -(as punisher and tormenter helm)
    -combat drugs
    -shadow field
    -animitus vitre
    -plasma grenade
    -wytch weapons (132)
    Dracite
    -agonizer
    -Splinter pistol
    -combat drugs
    -plasma grenade
    -wytch weapons (8

Archon
    -punisher
    -tormenter helm
    -combat drugs
    -Shadow field
    -plasma grenade (127)

Dracon
    -agonizer
    -Splinter pistol
    -combat drugs
    -plasma grenade (7

Homunculus
    -Scissor hands
    -webway portal (80)

Homunculus
    -Scissor hands
    -webway portal (80)

Homunculus
    -Scissor hands
    -webway portal (80)

(8 wytch )
    (-wytch weapons )
    (-succubus )
    ( -agonizer )
    (-raider ) x 10 (192) x10 = (1920)

(10 warriors )
    ( -2 D. lance ) x8 (100) x8 (800)

(5 grotesques )
    ( -raider ) x5 (120) x5 (600)

(talos) x5 (100) x5 (500)

(ravager )
    (-disintegrator )
    (-disintegrator )
    (-disintegrator )
    (-night field ) x4 (125) x4 (500)
    (4987)

so that's it, most of the time i'll be doing raider rush with wytch cult, other times i'll be doing webway list with hemes in grote squads, with 3 talos in the portal, and some more wytch,
    or if i know the opponent has lots of rhinos or whatever, i'll take lots of lance squads and hide some wytch at the back to ambush

so, how's it look?
    thanks

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

A couple suggestions:

The list looks good in general but you are going to lose a LOT of units in each battle. Raiders are squishy and wyches are squishier. If you lose first turn you'll probably get wasted by most shooty armies (especially guard lists with lots of indirect fire or tau in general). WWP will help with this but it will only do so much. Be VERY careful with your WWP carriers.

Next: How does the 33% rule work exactly? Is it per model or per unit? Are transports counted separately from the unit or not? If transports are counted as separate, then you are kinda boned since the first time you go against an average to good shooty army all your raiders will be taken out and then you'll have to foot slog to the enemy.

Grotesques are a waste of points from my experience. They aren't good at really anything and require an IC with them at all times to function properly. I'd suggest replacing them with a unit or two of warpbeasts or another unit of some other sort (perhaps jetbikes /w blasters for tank hunting).

If you are going to be fighting against any good necron players you are kinda boned. Their monoliths are nearly unkillable by your list and they are likely to field as many as possible depending on the battles points value.

How big are the individual battles? If they are 3000pts+ then you should consider looking in to apocalypse rules for the Splinter Raid formation. It makes your group of raiders count as flying for the first turn and thus nearly unkillable (flyers count as 12" farther away + night shields counts as 6" farther away + non AA guns hit you only on 6s = unkillable).
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Toloran View Post
    Next: How does the 33% rule work exactly? Is it per model or per unit? Are transports counted separately from the unit or not?
    each model is counted separetly, including the transports, so if the raider dies and i don't have enough 'resource' to get it back, the squad is footslogging.
    however that's he reason i left them witout upgrades, so while a space marine or guard player has to pay100+ points for a tank, i only have to use 1/2 that.

Grotesques are a waste of points from my experience. They aren't good at really anything and require an IC with them at all times to function properly. I'd suggest replacing them with a unit or two of warpbeasts or another unit of some other sort (perhaps jetbikes /w blasters for tank hunting).
    i good fortune with my grotes, the WWP goes with them leave the raider sepratly, and as they are immune to small arms fire, they are more resiliant than a warrior squad doing the same job
    i was thinking about warp beasts, but i've only got 1 pack, and i'd want at least 2 to run together, as for jetbikes, i just don't like them

If you are going to be fighting against any good necron players you are kinda boned. Their monoliths are nearly unkillable by your list and they are likely to field as many as possible depending on the battles points value.
    thankfully the necron players are unable to attend

How big are the individual battles? If they are 3000pts+ then you should consider looking in to apocalypse rules for the Splinter Raid formation. It makes your group of raiders count as flying for the first turn and thus nearly unkillable (flyers count as 12" farther away + night shields counts as 6" farther away + non AA guns hit you only on 6s = unkillable).
    well, first the attacker attacks a planet the opponet has, then both players agree on a points value, of usualy 1000,1500,2000,2500. though the defender can use less if they want
    then do the whole rolling mission, and killing each other thing

if you attack the home planet of the opponet they use the entire 5000pts, while attacker still only gets 2500 (the defender will probably have lost units by the however)

so no apoc rules

though i do have a raven i could stick in....

i'll have a look at what i've got, and what the opposition will be like, campagin starts a week today
    thanks for the coments, and i'll see what i can do

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

i good fortune with my grotes, the WWP goes with them leave the raider sepratly, and as they are immune to small arms fire, they are more resiliant than a warrior squad doing the same job
    i was thinking about warp beasts, but i've only got 1 pack, and i'd want at least 2 to run together, as for jetbikes, i just don't like them
    Which IC do you put with them? Out of curiousity.
    /WHAO/TH-/HEL/DAO/KWRAO/TH*EUPBG/KWR-/PH-/STPH
    /TP-/KWRAO/K-/RAOED/THEUS/THEPB/WAOE/SH-D/KHAT/SPHAOEUPL

boo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Homunculus so that they can get a raider

Grots/SoB/CSP/AWN/DE

+ Reply to Thread