fast attack
4 destroyers= 200
4 destroyers= 200
10 scarabs= 120

Heavy support
monolith= 235

total= 1840

the d-lord goes with the scarabs for a CC unit

-other lord teleports a warrior squad around, and the other warrior squad goes through possibly deep stikes monolith

-both squads can be ported out of combat, or can be ported forward against shooting

-any suggestions about the extra 10 points?

See less See more
#2 ·
The VoD'ing Lord only really works (best) when used with Immortals. Id say drop down to 2 units of 10 warriors and get some of these guys in instead.

If youre taking a DLord, hes best with Wraiths. The LField / Scarab trick is a bit suicidal to be honest. Also, generaly id say go with the SoL over a Warscythe anytime.

Like the Detroyers and the Lith. Its a pain not having 4 FA slots available, then the Wraiths would fit nicely. Possibly loose a Destroyer unit for them, though its up to you ofcourse.

#5 ·
If ya drop down to two squads of 15 (or preferably 3 of 10) warriors you can fit in a 6 man immortals squad pretty neat, they work much better with VoD, 12" is usually just to close to be dropping a unit in for rapid fire and immortals can withstand more counter-attacking. 6 Immortals may not seem like much but it works GREAT for tank hunting. (admittedly I use a 10 man immortals squad but I only have 24 warriors and to keep you at 30 to have a reserves squad you could only take 6 immortals)

Also you can't put warrior squads in reserve unless you have at least 3 squads, you MUST field the first two squads of your troops choices.

Heh, I agree Pheonix "Crons should have the option of cutting out an HS selection for an extra FA (or something...)

#6 · (Edited)
would be wicked it that was possible i would field 12 wraiths then :D put them with 2 D lords and go hunitng but to get back to this list i would really drop the lighting field since this means the scarabs will have to tka elot's of wounds for this technique to work. I mean it's graet against Nids because the strenght 3 hits can actually do something against them but next to that it's kinda use less to be honoust just drop th scarabs for 3 wratihs and put ghaze of flame on the D lord instead of kigthing field and it will be great hunting unit. and phoenix is right about the Immortals for VoD they work lot better haven't had to much luck with scater and when you drop in 14" away you can't shoot anything and the any ordance weapon is going to have a party (had it happen several times) so Immortals are a better way to go and more change on taking out armour with penetrating hits aswell :)

TAke out those nasty snipers before they take out your destroyers they grind down your detstoyers before you know it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.