Tau 1500 point mech army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau 1500 point mech army

1500 point tau Mech army

Hq

Shas'el
    Missle pod
    Plasma
    Array
    Hard wired multi-tracker

Elite

2 crisis suits
    Team leader
    Hard-Wired target array
    Plasma
    Missle pod
    Multi-tracker

2 crisis suits
    Team leader
    Hard-Wired target array
    Plasma
    Missle pod
    Multi-tracker

6 stealth
    burst

Troop

12 fire warriors
    leader
    devilfish
    decoy launcher

12 fire warriors
    leader
    devilfish
    decoy launcher

Fast attack

1 pirahna
    fusion
    Target array

1 pirahna
    fusion
    Target array

1 pirahna
    fusion
    Target array

Heavy Support

Hammerhead
    railgun
    target array
    decoy
    multi track

Hammerhead
    railgun
    target array
    decoy
    multi track

Total:1510

Basics: This mech army is a pure mech army. Everything moves over 12'' no matter what. I will not be including anything that cant move over 12'' in this army list, but feel free to comment and I really would encourage any advice you can give me for the sake of the greater good.

Tactics:

The crisis suits and commander: Made as fire knife because I find this conversion very flexible with the ability to rip apart light vehicles, hit the backs of stronger ones, or take out heavy infantry like terminators. will use the JSJ tactic.

The stealth team: I would like to put this into two groups of three but I filled my elite spots already. I fear that this squad will be taken out quickly because of its ability to rip apart big, low armoured squads in one turn with the burst cannons or annoy the backs of vehicles with a bunch of shots hoping for a glance or pen. This squad will always be harrasing and using the JSJ tactic like the crisis suits.

The Fire warriors: They are obviously going to be used for the FoF (or Fish of fury) tactic or split up to hit basic infantry units.

The pirhanas: They will also be harrassers by hitting vehicles almost all of the time or heavy infantry (terminators) if there are none to hit. Most likely ill use them in 3 squads of 1 but that depends on what army im playing.

The Hammerheads: Oh what a beautiful sight. They will be hitting anything with more than 12-13 plus armour. If none of that is on the board then they will be ripping apart squads with the secondary fire on the railgun. I find these better than broadsides for 2 reasons: 1. they are very flexible with there submunition round on the railgun. 2. They can move 6'' AND shoot. You may not be getting more rail guns on the board but you have those 2 plusses instead. I also found that they are rarely targeted because they are ussually sitting in the back blasting away.

Reasons behind my madness: I find anything that doesnt move 12'' doesnt belong in this army. If it can't keep up then it is as good as dead. Pathfinders in a Devil fish could be traded for the pirhanas but I can't figure out how to use them successfully without them being taken out in the 1st or 2nd turn. If you are wondering about why I have no shield generators then here is the answer: I don't fear instant death blows (except CC) because I plan on making those weapons and highly mobile units my first priority making a shield generator useless if those weapons don't exist. Along with the fact that ill be using a lot of cover for invul saves.

Last edited by zippoman123; February 23rd, 2008 at 01:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by zippoman123 View Post
    1500 point tau Mech army

Hq

Shas'el
    Missle pod
    Plasma
    Array
    Hard wired multi-tracker
    97 points, actually, not 100.

Elite

2 crisis suits
    Plasma
    Missle pod
    Multi-tracker

2 crisis suits
    Plasma
    Multi-tracker
    Missle pod
    Not too bad. Finding the points to get a team leader with Targeting Array for each squad wouldn't be a bad idea t all.

6 stealth
    burst
    Not a huge fan of Stealths personally, but if you're going to take them, this is probably the best build.

Troop

12 fire warriors
    leader
    devilfish
    decoy launcher

12 fire warriors
    leader
    devilfish
    decoy launcher
    Not much else you can put there. Not bad, very vanilla; I'm a huge fan of Warfish variant Devilfish, myself, utilizing the firepower that the SMS gives me, but this is still a valid build.

Fast attack

3 pirahnas
    fusion
    If you're bent on fielding these guys, I would recommend splitting them up into 3 squads of 1. That way, you aren't limiting yourself by the vehicle squadron rules. Maybe consider throwing targeting arrays on them; as it is, you're only hitting half the time with a one-shot weapon, which happens to be close ranged and mounted on a paper-thin skimmer.

Heavy Support

Hammerhead
    railgun
    target array
    SMS
    decoy
    multi track

Hammerhead
    railgun
    target array
    SMS
    decoy
    multi track
    Personally, I tend to leave the SMS off of the Hammerheads and just roll with the Burst Cannons. Also, keep in mind that Hammerheads come with targeting arrays standard, so if you added the points in there you need to take them out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

those hammerhead would be 165 per, the targetting array is free since it comes standard on hammerheads, but with the railgun, a secondary weapon, and those two upgrades, it's more than 150.

going to have to find some where to slice off points as now you'd be 40 points over.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread