1500 Tau Army For Tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tau Army For Tourny

I Dont Have Any New Stuff Yet But I Got A Ton Of Everything Else

Hq
    Shas'el Mp Pr Multi Target Array 97

Troops

Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215

Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215

Elites

Crisis Suits X3
    Tlmp Flamer 141

Crisis Suit
    Tl Fusion Shield Gen 63

Stealth Team 180

Fast

Pathfinders X8 201
    Devilfish Dl
    2 Seekers

Heavy

Ionhead 145
    Ion Sms Targetlock Dl Mt

Braodsides X3 265
    A.s.s.
    1 Is Team Leader With Drone Controler
    2 Gun Drones

Crap I Just Added The Points And Its 1522 Unless I Did My Math Wrong Again
    Side Note My Son And I Just Played A 1000 Point Team Game (1k Per Person) And Well Lol We Came In Dead Last We Had A Lot Of Fun But.. Well I Would Like To Do Better Next Time This Time Its Not Teams..

Plz Be As Harse As You Can.. And If I Did Do My Math Wrong Again Well Laugh At Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by O'SU View Post
    I Dont Have Any New Stuff Yet But I Got A Ton Of Everything Else

Hq
    Its mostly a matter of playstyle how to equip your commander, but I too like that setup!
    Troops

Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215
    Very nice
    Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215
    Guess what? Very nice!
    Elites

Crisis Suits X3
    Tlmp Flamer 141
    Flamers are rare, and with good reason! It doesn't do anything worthwhile, and if you actually hit something with them, the enemy is all but guaranteed to be able to assault you next turn! Not a place you want your suits! I think the MP, PR and multi-tracker is a good combo. Many like fusion blasters for some reason, but flamers are worthless!
    Crisis Suit
    Tl Fusion Shield Gen 63
    You rarely want to TL anything on a crisis suit... maybe this case is the exception, but the shield gen is overkill. He is more of a suicide monat than anything else, and you shouldn't expect him to meet any heavy resistance before his job is done (and then he is a goner most likely)
    Stealth Team 180
    A bit big, but I like the choice
    Fast

Pathfinders X8 201
    Devilfish Dl
    2 Seekers
    fine choice, but give the fish the same as you firewarrior's. You don't need the seekers IMO
    Heavy

Ionhead 145
    Ion Sms Targetlock Dl Mt
    Not to fond of this myself. for me it is mostly Railguns or nothing. Only if the list already have 2 Railheads, would I use the Ion cannon.

Braodsides X3 265
    A.s.s.
    2 Gun Drones
    if you need any drones it is going to be shield and perhaps marker drones. I don't think this unit will be worth it to be honest. so if you are going there to win you might want to trade them in for a railhead, or two
    Crap I Just Added The Points And Its 1522 Unless I Did My Math Wrong Again
    Side Note My Son And I Just Played A 1000 Point Team Game (1k Per Person) And Well Lol We Came In Dead Last We Had A Lot Of Fun But.. Well I Would Like To Do Better Next Time This Time Its Not Teams..

Plz Be As Harse As You Can.. And If I Did Do My Math Wrong Again Well Laugh At Me
    I would consider to throw in a unit of kroots and get at least 2 railheads in the list. This could be done by using railgun instead of ion cannon, and dropping the Broadsides... I'm a big fan of monats (crisis suit units of 1 member only), and perhaps you don't need that big unit of 3? You could cut it down to one to open up points for more hammerheads...
    Unlike their biped counterparts the railgun on the hammerhead can also fire the submunition with the large blast, making it VERY good in tournaments (It can really destroy all unit types)
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I HAVENT PLAYED IN A WHILE BEFORE THIS LAST GAME... IT SHOWED...

I USE TO RUN TWO HH ONE ION ONE RAIL AND A COUPLE BRAODSIDES I LOVE THE RAILHEADS SUB... I HAVE NEVER USED SEEKERS BEFORE I WAS GOING TO TRY 'EM OUT FOR ONCE...

Flamers are rare, and with good reason! It doesn't do anything worthwhile, and if you actually hit something with them, the enemy is all but guaranteed to be able to assault you next turn!

THE IDEA OF THE FLAMERS WAS POINTS THEN IF I AM GOING AGAINST LIGHT TROOPS I COULD BURN THEM....

I DONT LIKE PATHFINDERS, I WAS GOING TO USE THEM TO SEE IF I COULD...

IM GOING TO REDO MY LIST AND ADD A REVISED LIST TO THIS POST LATER....

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

O'su, please try to stick to the basics when typing. Try not to capitalize so much, and only capitalize where appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologise for the caps.. i typed that at work and the system i use only responds to caps.. (for work perposes, i forget to take caplock off for other things)

ok now for revised list

Hq

TROOPS
    Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215

Fire Warriors
    Devilfish Mt Dl 215

ELITES

CRISIS X2 94
    tlmp flamer

Stealth Team 180

Fast
    Pathfinders X8 181
    Devilfish Dl
    1 Seeker

HEAVY
    Ionhead 145
    Ion Sms Targetlock Dl Mt

Railhead 185
    Railgun Sms Targetlock Dl Mt

Braodsides x2 185
    A.s.s.
    one sheild drone

total is 1497

as i've said before i mostly just read posts here and all my questions get answered.. amazing what you can discover if you just read and search...

i am thinking of droping the steaths completly as i have trouble useing them correctly.. i do JSJ and hide but they always seem to be blown apart by something....

and lostnemesis when i saw that you had posted i have to say i was overly happy to see what you had posted.. when i saw it was a comment about not using caps i felt i hade in some small way let down the GREATER GOOD

thank you any and all that comment back about this list
    Last edited by O'SU; February 29th, 2008 at 06:24. Reason: OPPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

List is great, drop the fish multitrackers for another shield drone with the broadsides.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Striving for the right Ravenscraig's Avatar
    In exile on Earth - currently in Glasgow, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    144 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by O'SU View Post
    ELITES

CRISIS X2 94
    tlmp flamer

As Oni says your List is pretty solid. However I'd recommend you review your Crisis suit configuration. At the moment you've armed with the longest AND shortest ranged weapons that are available, which doesn't make good sense tactically. The TL MP is a very effective - and correspondingly popular - choice but to add a flamer to that doesn't make sense. Instead I'd suggest you add Blacksun filters which will give you a very real edge given the range of your MPs in any mission that uses night fighting rules. AND it saves you 2 points too!

~ Raven ~

+ Reply to Thread