Eldar 1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldar 1500 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1500 pts

Hello

Im currently thinking on upgrading my 750 pts army (posted here a few months ago) to 1500 pts.

That 750 pts list had 1 autarch on jetbike, 6 scorpions, 3 dark reapers, 3 shining spears, 1 falcon and 10avengers

So, with that in mind (upgrade, not a whole new list), i'm considering the following list.

- 1 Autarch, jetbike and laser lance - 120 pts

- 9 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Power weapon and shimmering shield, bladestorm - 162 pts

- 9 Dire Avengers, Exarch, Power weapon and shimmering shield, bladestorm - 162 pts

- 5 Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpion claw and shadowstrike - 143 pts

- 8 Harlequin, 8 kisses, 1 Troup master and 1 shadowseer - 262 pts

- 3 shining spears, exarch (???) - 152 pts

- 2*1 Vyper with 2*shuriken cannon each - 120 pts

- 1 Falcon, starcannon, vectored engines, spirit stones - 170 pts

- 1 Wave Serpent, vectored engines, spirit stones - 120 pts

this totals 1411 pts. Im thinking on spending the remaining points on a cheap farseer. Nonetheless, i can use those 89 pts to fully upgrade the exarch and give the WS a TL Starcannon. Another choice is to replace the HArlequins for banshees (maybe 6 or 7) with upgraded exarch and still upgrade the SS exarch and WS AND include a farseer.

Opinions are most appreciated

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: good when koining the shining spears. Mandiblasters can help. Make sure the shining spears have an exarch & withdraw skill. Skilled riders would help too as they affect the autarch that has joined the unit.

Avengers: super

Scorpions: Need to be 8-10 strong. Move through cover is cheap as well so why not.

Harleys: Drop the troop master if your are short of points at the end.

Shining spears: Upgrade to 5 and get exarch with both powers. starlance isn't needed so should be regarded as an extravagent luxury.

Vipers: Perfect

Falcon: Get holofields definatly before even considdering VE.

Serpent: Who rides in this? What weapons? It could help an avenger unit but I think you can drop it for war walkers or vipers.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i was thinking on getting the harlequins inside, but i see many people do not use them like that.

What about switching the WS for another falcon?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't you're current list illiegal? Unless those Avengers are two seperate sqauds you do not meet the troop requirement for a standard match.

Otherwise, give the Exarchs dual catapults, and switch the falcon with a fire prism. But do not replace the harlies with banshees, they were nerfed in the codex. Besides, harlies are very scary so either your opponent tries very hard to kill them, leaving your other units unscathed or they hit his line and cause a lot of damage.
    Last edited by ArlethVann; February 29th, 2008 at 00:40.
    Evil Overlord Rule Number 196.

I will hire an expert marksman to stand by the entrance to my fortress. His job will be to shoot anyone who rides up to challenge me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

He has 2 squads of avengers, so there's no question about the legality of the list. And as banshees stayed literally exactly the same as they were in the last codex, I don't see how they were nerfed, they just got replaced by something altogether better and more flexible (the harlies).

Anyway, its always a tough call with the transporting cababilities of the falcon. On one hand, if you transport, it seems like a waste of a perfectly good battletank, but its pretty much certain to deliver its cargo without dying. Although in my experience, my falcons never get to shoot anyway cause people hate them so much, so using them as a transport isnt all that bad. The autarch with shining spears is good, but spears like to be in maxed out squads, and the exarch needs withdraw at the very least.

Scorps also like having their squads maxed out (this actually applies to pretty much everything except harlies). Speaking of which, I'd drop the troupe master (unless you really want the extra attack and extra leadership) and drop at least the kiss number to 6, don't want to kill too much and leave your harlies staring down a bunch of gunbarrels. You could drop them to 6 models and stick them in the falcon, but thats up to you.

I tend to go dual shuricats on my DA exarchs, but that's just a personal preferance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i have redone my list, 'cause i agree with almost everything you said

so...

- 1 Autarch, jetbike, mandiblaster and laser lance - 130 pts

- 9 Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpion claw and shadowstrike - 207 pts

- 6 Harlequin, 6 kisses - 132 pts

- 4 shining spears + exarch (SR and withdraw) - 212 pts

- 2*1 Vyper with 2*shuriken cannon each - 120 pts

- 1 Falcon, starcannon, vectored engines, spirit stones, holo field - 205 pts

- 1 Falcon, starcannon, vectored engines, spirit stones - 170 pts

This totals 1500 pts.

Thank you for your opinions guys!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Looking good but a falcon without holofields is deadmeat. You can drop vectored engines from both falcons to get the second holofield if you can't find the points from elsewhere.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread