1850 Tyranid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Tyranid list

Ive played Chaos and kroot for a while and just recently got into tyranids. I played a nidzilla list and tweaked it a bit to add in units that i enjoy playing. Any advice would be apreciated. I tried not to have genestealers in this list, after playtesting them i felt they were points heavy for being relativly easy to kill.(It was bad luck but i had 2 units of 6 stealers charge imp guard and sadly each unit managed 1 kill before somehow normal gaurdman managed to kill them all in 1 round.)

Im relativly new to nids so any advice would be greatly apreciated.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant {Toxin Sacs, Ext. Carapace, Bio plasma, Scything talons, Lash whip and Bone Sword, 2x Tyrant Guards(w/ lash whips)} 233
    Hive Tyrant {Toxin Sacs, Flesh Hooks, Warp Field, 2x scything talons, Wings} 182 Total = 415
    Elite
    Carnifex {2x devourers, Enhances senses, Flesh hooks} 114
    Carnifex {2x devourers, Enhances senses} 113
    Lictor 80 Total = 307
    Troops
    SpineGaunts X 16 {Spine fists} 80
    SpineGaunts X 16 {Spine fists} 80
    Hormagaunts X 12 {Adrenal Glands (Initiative)} 132
    Hormagaunts X 12 {Adrenal Glands (Initiative)} 132 Total = 424
    Fast Attack
    Raveners X 2 {Scything talons, Rending claws} 80
    Spore Mine Cluster {3x Bio Acid} 36
    Spore Mine Cluster {3x Bio Acid} 36 Total = 152
    Heavy Support
    Zoanthropes X 3 {Synapse, Warp Blast} 195
    Biovores X 3 {Bio Acid Mines} 165
    Carnifex {Bio plasma, Crushing claws, Scything talons, Tusked, Flesh hooks, Extended Carapace, Reinforced chitin} 192 Total = 552
    Grand total = 1850
    Total Wounds = 94

Last edited by Johaad; February 29th, 2008 at 06:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main thing im having a hard time deciding on is what to do with my fast attack spore mines, raveners and lictors. since the points are close i was thinking going all lictors raveners or sticking to what i have now. any ideas? itd come down to 3 lictors, 1 lictor 2 raveners and the 2 units of 3 spore mines, or 6 raveners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been running my list with 6 ravenars and i have fallen in love with them. They work great when running shotgun to the flying tyrant! so drop the mine clusters and get more ravenars.

I would suggest changing the lashwhip and bonesword out for another set of scything talons on your HT.

Also i would get more than 1 lictor, at least 2 but why not 3? they are so much fun to use!

Make room for the lictors by dropping your big heavy support fex. hes a lug, and i know that crusher claws are cool as hell, but he wont do much until he gets to combat, and i think the points are better spent on 2 more lictors that can harass enemy shooting which paves the road for your other units.

By my calculation, dropping the heavy support fex and the two cluster mine units frees up enough points for 2 more lictors and 2 more ravenars, or 1 more lictor (for a total of two) and 4 more ravenars (total of six).

hermit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list looks pretty solid although I'd make some different choices. First I have to say that you focus too much on CC. I'd use devourers on a flyrant, it'll kill plenty in CC anyway. And I'd never use a walking CC tyrant it's simply too slow. I'd say to go with either 6 ravengers or 3 lictors. One lictor won't do much, 3 lictors will be capable of taking out whole units and are very capable in killing tanks behind enemy lines. Ravengers often have the effect that it'll be targeted first due to their speed and rending ability, that'll leave your other units to advance with minimal fire directed on them.
    Biovores got a lot less effective in 4th ed compare to 3rd so I would swap them for a sniper fex, as of now you don't have a rock solid tank buster, lictors yes but they aren't a guarantee.
    CC fexses are cool ok... but they arn't very effective so I'd not spend that much pts on it. They're there to scare your opponent and soak fire (imo) so I'd remove carpace and tusks. When your opponent see that it can be hurt by AP3 weapons then majority of heavy weapons will be focused on it so that your tyrants can approach without harm. I'd use psychic scream on the walking tyrant and on two of the zoanthropes. It'll help in CC. It'll also add to eachother so -3 to Ld will make most enemies run a lot easier.
    If you really want CC ownage you should go with stealers.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

+ Reply to Thread