1000 pts shooty nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

1000 pts shooty nids

HQ
    6 Warriors, AG (I), ES, EC, TS, ST, 5 Devs, 1 BS: 229 pts
    3 Warriors, AG (I), ES, EC, TS, ST, 2 Devs, 1 BS: 118 pts

TROOPS
    24 Spineguants: 120 pts
    24 Spineguants: 120 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Carnifex, ES, dev (2x): 113 pts
    Carnifex, ES, BS, VC: 148 pts
    Carnifex, ES, BS, VC: 148 pts

TOTAL 996 pts

Just made this list as im tired of painting my DE, ganna try this list soon so plz some comments. Other models I have: alot of Hormaguants, genestealers, termaguants, hive tyrant with guards and lictors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

split up the warriors and gaunts in as small units as possible (3*3 warriors, 6*8 spinegaunts). Dakkatyrants are a better investment than warriors though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with pen on the split on the broods. Although I like the gaunts to be 12-16 but it's a personal reference. I also agree on the tyrant being better than warriors. But it would have guards to make up for the lost wounds and that'll cost more than 6 warriors.
    I'd replace at least 2 devs with spitters to be able to take out models with bad save quickly.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Ty guys,

Splitting the guants would be good idea, guess I'll take 3 x 16, as I dont have that much synaps. About the dakkatyrant, I dont have one yet my current tyrant has 2x ST and guards, if I'll use that one I'll have to chance the entire army, homraguants and stealers would make more sense in that case.

Whats the point of spitters anyway, for as far as I get it, its just one high str shot as smal blast only hit 1 model, so a devourer with 4 med str shot seems a lot better to me. For the longer range I have the stranglers.

Coming back to the Tyrant, I'll make a list with it, so u guys can say what will probably work better.

EDIT:

This would be my list with a Tyrant.

HQ
    Hive Tyrant, Acid maw, AG (I), AG (ws), Flesh hooks, TS, Toxic miasma, ST (2x), 2 Guards: 232 pts

About the ws thing I gave my tyrant, its because their is a eldar player in my local shop and im quite likely to face him and I want my tyrant to hit on 3+ so..

TROOPS
    10 Stealers, ST, EC: 240 pts
    23 Hormaguants: 230 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Fex, ES, BS, VC: 148
    Fex, ES, BS, VC: 148

TOTAL: 998 pts

The thing I dont really like about this list is the low amount of scoring units, but thats because CC units just need to be big.
    Last edited by levitian; March 2nd, 2008 at 19:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Just discovered my tyrant is still convertable to Dakketyrant :party:

So just made up a new list, to bad I dont have 2 tyrant yet...but that wont take long

HQ
    Tyrant, ES, TS, TL Dev (2x), 2 Guards: 238 pts

ELITE
    4 Warriors, AG (I), ES, EC, TS, ST, 3 Devs, 1 BS: 155 pts

TROOPS
    8 Spinegaunts: 40 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Fex, ES, TL Dev (2x): 113 pts
    Fex, ES, VC, BS: 148 pts

TOTAL 1000 pts

This is my new list, it has a lot more fire power then the last one, plz rate it guys.
    Last edited by levitian; March 3rd, 2008 at 15:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd use a winged dakka tyrant as its movement is too slow for short ranged wepaon. But if you feel that converting wings are a pain (and I can understand you if you feel that way) then the walking tyrant with guards will be perfectly fine. Maybe swap a guard for VC so it can fire from turn 1.
    Try to use your 3 warriors devourer brood on 30 angry orks. Then try again with the deathspitters. You will most of the time kill more orks with the spitters.
    ... still hinting on those deathspitters on those warriors
    Last edited by zhaf; March 3rd, 2008 at 17:21.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suggest skipping the guards and go with two walking dakkatyrants (2xtl dev, TS, ES)@121p each. They'll tear everything in their way to ribbons (except AV12+) and are so cheap a few wounds won't hurt you in the long run. They may be slow, but with that many monstruous creatures you can pretty much push your opponent into a corner and fire away (sheesh, 5 TMCs & 6 dakkawarriors @ 1000p? CHEESE! ).

Twinlinked devourers are great on warriors if you want to take out infantry, deathspitters are a good alternative if you want to be able to take out vehicles and infantry from a safer distance, though I doubt you'd get more kills unless the opponent have huge units that are packed tightly together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I'd use a winged dakka tyrant as its movement is too slow for short ranged wepaon. But if you feel that converting wings are a pain (and I can understand you if you feel that way)
    Hehe u can read my mind I once tried making a winged tyrant... compleet failure so, next one will have to wait a while

Try to use your 3 warriors devourer brood on 30 angry orks. Then try again with the deathspitters. You will most of the time kill more orks with the spitters.
    ... still hinting on those deathspitters on those warriors
    Now im never ganna take deathspitters, just because u want them that much muhahahaha. Nah just kidding, problem is, for as far as i know nobody in my local shop plays orcs. Actually there is just one player (exept me) who doesnt plays some sort of marines(he does has about 5K Black templers but he doesnt plays them that much anymore). And against a well spread marines squad a deathspitter will do a lot less dmg compared to a devourer. So...

(sheesh, 5 TMCs & 6 dakkawarriors @ 1000p? CHEESE! ).
    Hehe ^^ that would be kind of a hard list maybe I'll try it as soon as I have my next tyrant (hope getting it somewhere next week )

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys!

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

HQ
    Tyrant, ES, TS, TL Dev (2x), 2 Guards: 238 pts
    Get rid of the guards, give him wings. Makes him 161 points. That is a steal. If you must, add warp field to 196 him for a 2+ save. He'll be durable.

ELITE
    4 Warriors, AG (I), ES, EC, TS, ST, 3 Devs, 1 BS: 155 pts
    Twin-linked devourers are far better. You don't want these in combat, without rending 3 attacks isn't very beefy. Get rid of AG (I) also. Personally, I'd keep them in cover and drop EC to boot but do what ya want. 3 Warriors w/ TS/ES/Twin-linked devs = 105 points.

TROOPS
    I fear you don't have enough spinegaunts to keep fire off your warriors for very long.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Fex, ES, TL Dev (2x): 113 pts

TOTAL 1000 pts
    You'll have shaved more than 3 points by now - give your fexes flesh hooks, so that you can start them behind hard / impassable terrain, preventing anyone from potshotting them if you don't get first turn. Then just walk up on top of impassable and sit immune to assaults and shoot away.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

pen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MVBrandt View Post
    You'll have shaved more than 3 points by now - give your fexes flesh hooks, so that you can start them behind hard / impassable terrain, preventing anyone from potshotting them if you don't get first turn. Then just walk up on top of impassable and sit immune to assaults and shoot away.
    Holy crap! I havn't thought about this before, but that actually works wonders - since you still get to move 6" in any direction (unless playing CoD it just counts as difficult terrain instead, and a 2Dimensional battlefield). That must be the greatest technique to avoid assaults with carnifexes... EVER! (can still be assaulted by jump infantry/skimmers/flyers though?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast