Orks Hate Lascannons 2000pt mechanized - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks Hate Lascannons 2000pt mechanized

1999/2000 pt Orks

HQ

Warboss Grog Guzzlar 128 Pts
    w/Power Klaw, Shoota/Skorcha
    'Eavy Armour, Cybork Body, Attack Squig
    Ammo Runt, Bosspole

Big Mek 'Lectric Boogaloo 140 Pts
    w/Burna, Shokk Attack Gun
    Cybork Body, Grot Oilersx3

ELITE
    10 Tankbustas

5 Nobz 290 Pts
    w/Power Klaw, Shoota/Skorchas
    Waaagh! Banner, 'Eavy Armour
    (warboss here)

TROOPS

30 'Ard Boyz 355 Pts
    Nob w/Power Klaw, Bosspole
    Big Shootax3

30 Boyz 235 Pts
    Nob w/Power Klaw, Bosspole
    Big Shootax3

12 Boyz 162 Pts
    Nob w/Power Klaw
    Big Shoota
    Trukk w/Red Paint Job, Armour Plates

12 Boyz 162 Pts
    Nob w/Power Klaw
    Big Shoota

12 Boyz 162 Pts
    Nob w/Power Klaw
    Big Shoota

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Battlewagon 215 Pts
    w/KillKannon, Armour Plates,
    Rokkit Launchax4, Grot Riggers
    (Big Mek+Tankbustas here)

idea is the trukkboyz lead with the rest of the boyz and nobz close behind. battlewagon provides massive cover fire, and whatevers left when they get to the enemy charges and kills.

Music must give birth to orgasm and revolution
    Latest LO Blog Post
    <+Tarnag> Who could help but love a name like Ultramoose, I think of a Moose with a rocket strapped to it breathing fire and wailing on a guitar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

To me, this doesn't look like a 2000 point list. This looks like an 1850 list with a lot of unnecessary fluff attached. Overall this list is okay, but sparse. Having less units, rather than more, will allow your opponent to concentrate his fire upon your more expensive units. In order to be effective, I feel you need more units, and to do that, you need to cut out fluff.

First, the warboss and big mek don't need ammo runts, grott oilers, or extra scorchas/burnas. Shooting is not the primary concern for a warboss and repairing isn't a major concern for the mek. That battlewagon isn't going to be saved by repairs. In fact, at this point, nothing can save that battlewagon from first or second turn annihilation. There's simply too many points invested in it for any opponent to not concentrate everything he has at it. Granted, this makes it a nice distraction, but it's a poor reason to lose a 1/4 of your army in the first two turns. In order to keep too many points from being in the same spot, I wouldn't put the big mek in the battlewagon at all, and you should also either remove the killkannon or the 4 rokkits. You can't use both in the same turn, and they have the same exact range, so either way you're wasting a lot of points.

On that note, you need to cut the armor plates off the trukks. On the battlewagon, the armor plates and grott riggers may very well make a difference, but trukks are simply too easy to destroy to make anything besides a red paint job worthwhile.

While we're speaking of trukks, the nobz really need one. They're going to be shot to pieces if they don't have a transport, and a trukk if a very nice one. You could also give them an assault based battlewagon, but the trukk is most likely good enough. Also, the nobz don't all have powerklaws, do they? Anything over two powerklaws is overkill. You want at least a few boyz to attack at a higher initiative. Also, in order to be competitive, those nobz need a painboy along with them. Remember, the entire unit, including the warboss attached, will benefit from 'feel no pain'.

Instead of 10 tankbustas in one battlewagon that has twice as many weapons as it can fire, how about 5 tankbustas in a battlewagon with a killkannon, and 5 tankbustas in a battlewagon with 4 rokkits?

I'd also throw in some rokkit buggies, but as some have mentioned, I always recommend a couple rokkit buggies, regardless of the list. What can I say? They're cheap and effective.

'Ard boyz aren't bad, but why footslog with them? If you're going to use them, put them in a trukk, so they get to close combat a lot easier. Of course, I only use them in games where I've already filled all the troop slots. Two units of boyz are a lot more effective than a single unit of improved boyz.

Again, this looks like a smaller list to me, overloaded with extras. Here's the way I'd make the army:

HQ

Warboss w/powerklaw, cybork body, and bosspole

Big Mek w/SAG and cybork body

ELITE

5 Tankbustas

5 Tankbustas

5 Nobz w/2 powerklaws, 2 big choppas, painboy, cybork bodies, red trukk, waugggh banner

FAST

Rokkit Buggy

Rokkit Buggy

TROOP

22 Shoota boyz w/2 rokkits and nob w/powerklaw and bosspole

22 Shoota boyz w/2 rokkits and nob w/powerklaw and bosspole

12 Slugga boyz w/red trukk and nob w/powerklaw

HEAVY

Battlewagon w/killkannon, big shoota and grott riggers

Battlewagon w/4 rokkits and grott riggers

TOTAL POINTS: 1850

If you want a 2000 point list, I'd either increase the tankbustas to 10 in each unit, or field one unit of 10 tankbustas, and another of 10 lootas, with a few upgraded to meks with big shootas, in case you have to move them. Of course, you could also just add a fourth trukk full of boyz as well.

In any case, simply by trimming off some of the extras, you can field quite a few more units, or compete at a lower point level. In either case, the list will be a lot more competitive. Remember, the best way for an ork army to keep from being destroyed by lascannons is to give your opponent more targets than he can handle.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 3rd, 2008 at 22:45. Reason: made a mistake
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread