2000 Point Battlesuit Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Battlesuit Army

I'm trying a battlesuit army for fun and came up with the following. Note that this will be fighting Necrons, IG, and possibly another Tau army at times:

2k Farsight Rapid Insertion Force
    HQ
    • Commander Farsight
      • 4 “Fireknife” Bodyguards
        • 4 Plasma Rifles
        • 4 Missile Pods
        • 4 Targeting Arrays
        • Hardwired
          • 3 Target Locks
          • 4 Multi-trackers
                    • Total: 513pts
    • Commander Brightsword (Shas’El)
      • Plasma Rife
      • Missile Pod
      • Targeting Array
      • Hardwired
        • Target Lock
        • Multi-tracker
      • 2 “Fireknife” Bodyguards
        • 2 Plasma Rifles
        • 2 Missile Pods
        • 2 Targeting Arrays
        • Hardwired
          • Target Lock
          • 2 Multi-trackers
                    • Total: 271pts
    • Total HQ: 784pts
    Elites
    • 2 Crisis Battlesuits
      • Team Leader
        • Plasma Rifle
        • Fusion Blaster
        • Multi-tracker
        • Hardwired Target Lock
      • Plasma Rifle
      • Fusion Blaster
      • Multi-tracker
                    • Total: 138pts
    • 2 “Deathrain” Crisis Battlesuits
      • Team Leader
        • TL Missile Pod
        • Targeting Array
        • Hardwired Target Lock
      • TL Missile Pod
      • Targeting Array
                    • Total: 116pts
    • 6 Stealth Suits
      • Team Leader
        • Hardwired Drone Controller
          • 2 Gun Drones
      • Fusion Blaster
                    • Total: 207pts
    • Total Elites: 461pts
    Troops
    • 12 Fire Warriors
      • Shas’ui
        • Hardwired Target Lock
        • Markerlight
                    • Total: 145pts
    • 12 Fire Warriors
      • Shas’ui
        • Hardwired Target Lock
        • Markerlight
                    • Total: 145pts
    • Total Troops: 290pts
    Fast Attack
    • 5 Pathfinders
      • Devilfish
        • Decoy Launchers
        • Multi-tracker
                    • Total: 155pts
    • Total Fast Attack: 155pts

Heavy Support
    • Hammerhead Gunship
      • Railgun
      • SMS
      • Target Lock
      • Decoy Launchers
      • Multi-tracker
                    • Total: 180pts
    • 2 Broadside Battlesuits
      • Team Leader
        • Hardwired Target Lock
        • Targeting Array
      • Targeting Array
                    • Total: 170pts
    • Total Heavy Support: 350pts
    Total Points: 2040pts

Model Summary
    12 Crisis Battlesuits (including O’Shovah)
    6 Stealth Suits
    29 Infantry
    2 Broadsides
    1 Tank

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Don't forget to factor in 2 Shield Drones for every member of Farsight's Bodyguard. It makes the footprint quite large, but it also makes the unit very much more survivable. Believe me, it will attract more firepower than you've ever experienced because people are heart scared of it!

I would tend not to give the Shas'el a Bodyguard; keep him as an IC who can join in with Farsight's lot or not as the whim takes you.

One more suggestion: give your Broadside team ASS, and its T-Ldr HWDC+2SDs, BK and a HWTL. The unit will cost 205pts but you can now move and shoot, plus you get the added attraction of targeting 2 enemy units. The other benefit from the HWTL is that if one of your BASS cannot access LOS, it's pretty certain that the other one *will* be able to, so you're opening up your options for the unit. It could even allow you to "snipe" unexpectedly if your opponent makes a mistake in positioning his vehicles.

To make some of these changes, I would be dropping the Pathfinder unit.

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; March 18th, 2008 at 20:49. Reason: Added BK and altered points total

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I took the Shas'el with bodyguard was to get more battlesuits in. I also figured that the 3 unit fireknife team would be good because I would have 7 fireknives total.

Is it worth it to drop 120pts worth of models simply to add shield drones to Farsight's squad? If it is, then I was thinking, should I drop the 2 'el BG and give him a command and control node for the FW and PF, and then give Farsight's squad 8 shield drones. Also, would it be worth it to give one bodyguard a Drone controller AND a hardwired drone controller AND iridium armour to have 4 shield drones with a 2+ save (this is legal AFAIK because I don't see anything against it in the codex) or keep the TA and just give him iridium armour, or forget it entirely?

What about the 2 elite crisis squads? Are they a good combo to have? I was thinking I'll send the Helios squad in to hunt tanks/heavy infantry while the Deathrain squad snipes medium infantry from behind the firewarrior squads.

As for the Broadsides, most of the tables I play on are flat with terrain here and there, but If an ASS is more worth it than the TA, I'll change that.

I can't wait to get my rapid insertion force box now

Member sniper drones kill things's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would DEFINATELY give your farsight squad some shield drones. I find their invul. save invaluable in many cases, pluse they are extra wounds. For the six stealth suits, I've heard that a good combination is 3 suits with two gun drones each - because you get many wounds and about the same number of shots (I think)... so you might want to try out something like that. Remember that if you fail a save, or can't take one due to AP, you just lost 30 pts and 3 shots per turn. For the crisis suits, I think you might want to make your units a little more specialized. Because if the two different weapons (plasma rifle and missle pod) don't have the same range then you are missing out on some shots part of the time. I'd suggest to try a squad with only plasma rifles, and a squad with only fusion blasters. It seems like you have enough missle pods with your hq slots. Also, putting your fire warriors in devilfishes is a good idea. They stay alive much longer, and you can do fish of fury! I'd reccomend a bonding knife for each FW squad too, because if they fail a moral check and aren't bonded they can't regroup. I'd give your broadsides a couple shield drones as well to make them almost invincible. Hope I gave you some good ideas.
    Last edited by sniper drones kill things; March 4th, 2008 at 04:05. Reason: idk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool

sounds great. im new but it looks good[being new...not any advice] but i like it.

+ Reply to Thread