Help me build a good thousand point harlequin "counts as" list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me build a good thousand point harlequin "counts as" list.

So far I bought the following:

Falcon
    Wraithlord
    Boxed set of harlequins and a shadowseer.
    Singing spears because it's cheeper than 2 jetbikes and a Cannonbike. Just going to make 2 normal jetbikes and a cannonbike out of it.

How would you build a thousand point list using this and what additional models should I buy?

Don't want any aspects or guardians on foot. I could do a counts as thing for banshees or striking scorpions (harlequins all with power weapons or with digital weapons) but can't see any other aspectes making sense, unless I used some death jesters as counts as dark reapers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

First off, if you don't have it, buy the codex.
    Secondly, I personally don't like these threads as it's not your army any more - if you don't have the inspiration nor desire to creat your own army, why bother playing?
    That being said, what type of army are you after? Is there a particular theme in mind? What is your playstyle? Who are your main oponents? Do you prefer mech or foot? Aspect Heavy or Guardian Heavy? Fluff power or power gaming power? Is the story more important or winning every game? What's your budget limit? What units do you like and dislike? Are you looking to expand this in the future?
    Give us a bit more information and we may be able to offer some more thought out ideas.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, could you maybe be more condescending with your next reply? Maybe stick your foot in your mouth again? Did you read the thread title or my post at all? I'm making a harlequin counts as army. In other words I'll take existing harlequins, convert them a little, and then call them something else. Like banshees or whatever. I was hoping to maybe get some feedback, not an elitist asking all the wrong questions.

I already know what I'm doing for 2000 points but have no ida how to run eldar with 1000 points. I suspect I'll have to take 3 or 4 squads of 3 jetbikes and then build the rest of the force around that.
    Last edited by washout; March 4th, 2008 at 09:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I would hep you here but I'm not sure if anyones allowed to "create" a list for someone. I actually does break a couple of rules here. But If I can I'l help you.. BTW that would be interesting to see a Harlie Falcon.. lol nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by washout View Post
    Hey, could you maybe be more condescending with your next reply? Maybe stick your foot in your mouth again? Did you read the thread title or my post at all? I'm making a harlequin counts as army. In other words I'll take existing harlequins, convert them a little, and then call them something else. Like banshees or whatever. I was hoping to maybe get some feedback, not an elitist asking all the wrong questions.

I already know what I'm doing for 2000 points but have no ida how to run eldar with 1000 points. I suspect I'll have to take 3 or 4 squads of 3 jetbikes and then build the rest of the force around that.
    I could be a lot more condescending, would you like me to be?
    So you have stated you want a harlequin counts as army - so the main theme is harlequins, but what is the actual theme of the army going to be - mech, foot, hybrid?
    Before shooting your mouth off back at me, try answering some of the questions, and like I said more people will be willing and able to help than they would with the current "this is what I have build me a list"
    The last sentance is something that is helpful - you want a jetbike based army - this wasn't included in the original post.
    But obviously trying to understand what you are aiming for is elitist so I'm not going to bother trying to help.
    Work it out on your own if you are going to spurn those who are trying to help.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tell me I have no inspiration or desire to build my own list, and then the rest of your op basically says stfu noob.

I don't necessarily want a jetbike army. All I'm doing is a substitution army. So it could easily be foot slogging with aspects swapped out with converted harlequins. I don't kow how well a jetbike army works at a thousand points however. So it may well be that I need to do something else. The first thousand points is what I'm aiming at painting before buying additional miniatures however The above is just what I have right now, not what would even need to be included in the thousand point list. Although it needs at least two squads of harlequins.

Master of the Crab Women swntzu's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

There's an army builder thread around here and I'm sure the team there would be happy to help.

UPDATE

Here's the thread:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...y-builder.html (Librarium Online Army Builder)
    Last edited by swntzu; March 4th, 2008 at 19:08.
    Watch this before posting:
    Posting and You

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Washout, Exarch's first post is fine. All he was trying to say that you will really be better off designing your own lists and then posting them in order for others to comment. It means you get experiance building lists and in doing so you get to know the army better before you begin playing.
    Ofcourse the Army Builder thread is available if you wish, feel free to give us a look

But generally most people tend not to create lists on request for others, instead preferring to comment on lists you post. Hence one of the many reasons i began the AB thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Ok,

as mentioned above, enough with the hostilities. There is absolutely no reason to get aggresive or angry over an imaginary game with plastic figures. How often do I say that?

Washout, simply asking for a list and wanting people to do your work for nothing CAN, be construed as being lazy or not bothered, although it does not always mean this.

The best way to get experience is to actually try and build a list yourself, post it, and see what happens. If you get stuff wrong, then ... so what? You'll be corrected and learn. You're posting with fellow geeks so your street cred isn't exactly going to take a bashing.

Exarch Thomo - be carefull with your personal opinions on what you do and don't like. To put it bluntly, no one gives a damn but you. Just state things objectively to avoid friction in future please.

Otherwise, as Pheonix and Swntzu (aka Margaret) said.

That is all.

Thread closed. Try again.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Closed Thread