2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 point list

Member sniper drones kill things's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list

I made a 2000 point list that I think will work pretty well. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

shasel, afp, cib, ta, stim injector, hw dc, 2 shield drones, multitracker, hw blacksun filter

elites
    2 xv8 shasui with twin linked fb, blacksun filter
    1 xv8 shasui leader w/ twin linked fb, dc, bonding knife, 2 shield drones, hw blacksun filter

2 xv8 shasui with twin linked mp, blacksun filter
    1 xv8 shasui leader w/ twin linked mp, dc, bonding knife, 2 shield drones, hw blacksun filter

2 xv8 shasui with twin linked pr, blacksun filter
    1 xv8 shasui leader w/ twin linked pr, dc, bonding knife, 2 shield drones, hw blacksun filter

infantry
    3 fw squads w/ devilfish
    fish w/ decoys, disruption pod, flechette discharger,
    11 shasla fw
    1 shasui w/ bonding knife

1 kroot squad - 10 kroot

fast attack
    1 pathfinder squad
    7 pf's, 1 shasui w/ bonding knife, HW dc, 2 gun drones
    1 fish w/ decoy's and disruption

heavies
    1 broadside team all with sms
    2 shasui w/ ASS
    1 shasui leader w/ ASS, bonding knife, 2 shield drones, hw dc

1995 pts

whatcha think?

Last edited by sniper drones kill things; March 5th, 2008 at 00:29. Reason: too many target locks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*Moved to Tau army list sub-forum*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoted from sniper drones kill things
    Please give me your thoughts.
    Your list has displaced synergy and an identity crises.

I am no mod, but you should read the poster guidelines if you already haven't. Once your post is up to par I and others would be much more willing to help you.

Concerns:
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish with you list besides killing you opponent? Style, theme, casual, serious power play, likes, dislikes, what do you play against, terrain, etc... All this data really helps speed things along.

Standard tips that address your list:
    -Second HQ should always be included, unless special characters are in use.
    -Unless you have a mission critical tactical application for that AFP on your HQ like Isralef, I suggest taking it off.

Oddities and Questions:
    -If almost everything is TL'ed why the PF's?
    -Why did you randomize your Crisis and how were they going to be implemented in theater?
    Last edited by spec.ops; March 4th, 2008 at 23:31.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I'm not sure what displaced synergy is - but I think that the post is fine. The only people who would be able to help me with my list are those who play tau, and those who play tau would know the abbreviations. Personally I think the list is very simple to read, so sorry for getting your knickers in a knot.

What I am trying to accomplish: To win the game

What do I play against: All different armies and all different pieces of terrain at my local club

It seems to me that the airbursting fragmentation projector would work well with bs 5, so I wanted to try it out.

I don't have a second hq because I feel that for the same cost I can get a lot more shots and wounds from basic suits.

Some of the target locks were mistakes - i'm going to fix them.

I gave each crisis team the same weapons so that when I deep strike them in a scenario, I can have them do what I want - and well. Such as deep striking the fusion squad next to tanks, or using the plazmaz to take out marines. I feel (and heard from others) that this is a good idea because the weapons all have the same range. IE: If you have a guy with missle pods, and a guy with plazma rifles...
    The mp's are most useful about 36 inches away so that the suits can stay out of range of being shot and assualted and still fire the same amount of shots. The plazmas are most effective at 12 inches or less to get rapid firing. So, a suit with both those weapons could never really have an optimal scenario. I read about this on the forums a little while back.

*phew*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by spec.ops View Post
    Your list has displaced synergy and an identity crises.

I am no mod, but you should read the poster guidelines if you already haven't. Once your post is up to par I and others would be much more willing to help you.

Concerns:
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish with you list besides killing you opponent? Style, theme, casual, serious power play, likes, dislikes, what do you play against, terrain, etc... All this data really helps speed things along.

Standard tips that address your list:
    -Second HQ should always be included, unless special characters are in use.
    -Unless you have a mission critical tactical application for that AFP on your HQ like Isralef, I suggest taking it off.

Oddities and Questions:
    -If almost everything is TL'ed why the PF's?
    -Why did you randomize your Crisis and how were they going to be implemented in theater?

And how exactly does your post help to answer any of your own questions? Next time be considerate of people asking questions and dont bite their heads off. And the guidelines say nothing about posting for advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quoted from Sniper Drone Kill Things
    Dude, I'm not sure what displaced synergy is - but I think that the post is fine.
    Synergy doesn’t pertain to the post but the list, which means combined effort being greater than parts. Most tau lists have to work together or compliment each other rather than each one holding their own. When I looked at your list I saw strange combinations that had no explanation. See what I am getting at? I do not know why you chose what you chose and I do no want to assume because that would be foolish.

The only people who would be able to help me with my list are those who play tau, and those who play tau would know the abbreviations. Personally I think the list is very simple to read, so sorry for getting your knickers in a knot.
    I play Tau?! Not as much as I would like to but I get out.

What I am trying to accomplish: To win the game

What do I play against: All different armies and all different pieces of terrain at my local club
    Shease...Touchy

I seriously think you miss read what I said even though it was clear cut, but if you do not want to provide I and others with what targeted style you are trying to achieve or what you play against by all means don't, but once again it would be to your benefit.

It seems to me that the airbursting fragmentation projector would work well with bs 5, so I wanted to try it out.

I don't have a second hq because I feel that for the same cost I can get a lot more shots and wounds from basic suits.

Some of the target locks were mistakes - i'm going to fix them.

I gave each crisis team the same weapons so that when I deep strike them in a scenario, I can have them do what I want - and well. Such as deep striking the fusion squad next to tanks, or using the plazmaz to take out marines. I feel (and heard from others) that this is a good idea because the weapons all have the same range. IE: If you have a guy with missle pods, and a guy with plazma rifles...
    The mp's are most useful about 36 inches away so that the suits can stay out of range of being shot and assualted and still fire the same amount of shots. The plazmas are most effective at 12 inches or less to get rapid firing. So, a suit with both those weapons could never really have an optimal scenario. I read about this on the forums a little while back.
    This is what I was asking for, a reason why.

First off, you do not want to be DS'ing you crisis, because most of them can shoot the enemy from turn one. If you DS them you loose a turn or two of firing.

Same range is nice but not necessary. The FK is a great configuration and it has different range capabilities, just low BS. There are several mixed ranged suits that perform very well. By not taking a second weapon you cut yourself short depending on the load out. If you loaded out is a DR then no problems, however TA-TLBC's is a problem, see what I mean? Take the TA and TL status off the TA-TLBC suit and give it a MT and MP’s and you have a Fire Storm, which makes a world of difference.

Even though you can rapid fire your plasma rifle doesn’t mean you should, because you will mostly lose your suits if you can not wipe out the enemy unit; however, your RF Burning Eyes could do just that! The only problem with BE's is that they are expensive for what they do. Even if the cost is justified you have to consider enemy cover saves and inv saves further reducing the effectiveness of the unit as a whole.

Maybe you will take this advice into consideration, but the best advice is to field test as often as you can.

Quoted from Guant
    And how exactly does your post help to answer any of your own questions?
    Read this post and find out.

Next time be considerate of people asking questions and dont bite their heads off.
    How can I when they are so tasty?!

And the guidelines say nothing about posting for advice.
    Ahem...

Quoted from Lost Nemesis
    3)Information
    When posting an army list, be sure to include simple information about the list itself. Include simple strategies, tactics, how the list is to be used, what armies the list performs well against, etc. There is absolutely no reason not to include this information; it will help people give more relevant comments that, in turn, will benefit you more. Also, try to include whether or not you are aiming for casual or competitive play; often, this will change the comments given to your list.

4)Advice
    If you are posting an army list, then it will be assumed that you are asking for advice on the list. As such, there is no need to get defensive if people make comments about your list. Instead, be prepared for such occurrences. When commenting on a list, try to take into account the OP's wishes; if they post model limitations, tactical ideas, etc., try to stick true to their original ideas as well, but don't be afraid to offer new solutions too.

Failure to abide by these rules may lead to the Army list being deleted or edited without warning.
    Last edited by spec.ops; March 5th, 2008 at 12:53.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, any other opinions?

+ Reply to Thread