first try at speed freakz 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

first try at speed freakz 1850

i dont know if this would work but i think it has a good punch to it.

big mek, kff

big mek, kff

x3 mega nobz
    trukk

x3 mega nobz
    trukk

x3 mega nobz
    trukk

x3 warbuggies
    twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
    twin rokkits

x3 warbuggies
    twin rokkits

x3 killa kanz
    grotzookas

x3 killa kanz
    grotzookas

x3 killa kanz
    grotzookas

x12 boyz
    nob pk, bosspole, trukk

x12 boyz
    nob pk, bosspole, trukk

x12 boyz
    nob pk, bosspole, trukk

total-1796

not sure what to do with the rest of the points. i want to try and get some more boyz in there but not sure about that. the kanz will walk up and lay wast to the troops as the boyz and mega nobz hunt down the scraps and the harder to kill units. the buggies will go after the harder armor. thoughts on the list?

Chaos W/D/L 48/12/18 almost retired
    Orks W/D/L 13/0/0 Still going strong
    Space Marins in the making (Salamanders)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Issues

To me, this seems like a 1500 point list trying to be an 1850 list.

First, there is no reason to take more than one KFF. Have your armor huddled near it at the start, and then keep it behind your killa kans. If you already have a second big mek, then make a shokk attack gun out of spare parts.

Second, you probably shouldn't field rokkit buggies in groups larger than 1. I love rokkit buggies, but if you have 3 in the same unit, then units that fire a lot of shots can wipe out all 3 at once. If the unit only has a single buggy in it, your opponent will be forced to decide if they want to waste all of the unit's shots on a single 35 point model.

Third, 3 nobz isn't enough in a single unit. You need 6 nobz in a unit in order for it to survive. It might also help to add a warboss in mega-armor, and have him accompany a team of 5 nobz instead. Don't buy a new model, just dress up a mega-nob in orky things and call him a warboss. Drop one of the units of nobz and combine the other two into a single unit. Of course, this gives you an extra trukk...

Which leads to the fourth suggestion, add another unit of trukk boyz. The rule of thumb I use is that you should have 2 units of boyz (either sluggas in trukks or shootas on foot) in a 500 point game, and then 1 more unit of boyz for each 500 points beyond that. 1500 point games should have 4 units of boyz.

Fifth, I'd consider using big shootas or rokkits with the killa kans. It's really difficult to get killa kans within 18in of opponents. I usually use big shootas myself. These kans are dirt cheap, block line of sight, are deadly at 36in, and are a bargain to boot.

If you really want this list to be 1850 points, then go ahead and field all the rokkit buggies and a shokk attack gun (possibly converted out of spare parts), but you might want to consider either getting some lootas, tankbustas in looted wagons/battlewagons, or bikes. Any of those units would be quite effective.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 7th, 2008 at 22:35. Reason: mistake
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

ok i made up another list that i think is a little more structured and has more potential.

big mek, kff

mad doc grotsnik

x5 mega nobz
    cybork bodies
    x2 combi-scorcha
    truck

x10 lootas

x3 war buggies
    twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
    twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
    twin rokkits

x1 killa kan
    rokkit

x1 killa kan
    rokkit

x3 killa kanz
    grotzookas

x12 orks
    nob-pk-bosspole
    truck

x12 orks
    nob-pk-bosspole
    truck

x12 orks
    nob-pk-bosspole
    truck

x24 ork boyz, shootas
    x2 big shootas
    nob-pk-bosspole

total-1850
    vehicles-18
    models-77

with this list i want to set up one side of the board with the slower units and the big mek then have the three truck squads and the nob squad with mad dock run ip the other side of the board all smashing in at the same time so my nobz wont get bogged down. thoughts on the new list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Better

This is a much more balanced list. I especially like the combination of meganobz and mad doc grotznik, as this will not only give them feel no pain and fearless, but you can now give the meganobz cybork bodies as well. That's a fine choice.

I still think that rokkit buggies should be fielded individually rather than in groups of 3, but it's your choice. I'd at least consider filling that single open fast attack slot with a buggy, however. There literally is no advantage to clumping them together in a group. How about 3 groups of 2, rather than 2 groups of 3? I think you'll find it's more effective.

I don't have much experience with grotzookas, so they may wind up working for you, but I still think that you're going to have trouble marching those cans within 18in range. Still, see what works for you.

You might want to consider leaving a single trukk with 11 boyz in it, rather than 12. This gives you the option of placing the big mek in there, if you're fighting a shooty army, like Tau. In those games, keeping your trukks alive becomes a larger priority than keeping the kans alive, and having the mek in the trukk allows you to move the save along with the trukks, rather than holding it back with the kans.

Also, it gives you the option of running Mad doc in a trukk, rather than with the nobz, in case you're fighting an opponent that has a lot of CC troops (like Tyranids or Dark Eldar), and you need to have a powerful close combat unit on both sides of the board at once.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgrax View Post

I still think that rokkit buggies should be fielded individually rather than in groups of 3, but it's your choice. I'd at least consider filling that single open fast attack slot with a buggy, however. There literally is no advantage to clumping them together in a group. How about 3 groups of 2, rather than 2 groups of 3? I think you'll find it's more effective.
    He uses 3x3 rokkit buggies. So their isn't any other Fast Attack slot open

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Whoopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Adrianus View Post
    He uses 3x3 rokkit buggies. So their isn't any other Fast Attack slot open
    Oops! You're right. Sorry about that, I misread the list. I thought there was only two. Anyway, if you want to use that many buggies than go for it, but I'm not sure how you plan to keep them alive. Of course, 3 buggies can provide a nice screen, but do you really need three separate screens? It's up to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many situations can you lose mobility and ruin your entire gameplan, just with 3 bolter rounds...Other than 3 buggiest..

With 9 buggies, you're NOT going to be able to hide them all in cover, so atleast 1 group of 3 is going to get annihilated, ontop of that..that fact that you're running 3 to begin with means they're either NOT going to get into cover (Remember if the enemy can target one, even the rear wheel, they can all die)
    and IF you get them into cover they're going to be staggered and stacked upon eachother, meaning come the time for them to pop out and shoot, they probably won't all 3 be in range to shoot at the target....

If you want buggiest, fine...But just remember..they're going to die..and with 9..I'd say 6 are going to die and not do their job...They're going to not be far enough ahead to provide the wall you're expecting, and they're going to mean an additional 3-4 inches of movement on your trucks part to go around them..which means probably 1 more turn of getting shot at..

However, if you run 3 squads of 2.....You'll cut your points back first off, you won't have soo many to hide behind cover, meaning MORE maneuverability, and they can still effectively be offensive if tooled with the right stuff.

if you want "mobile cover" go with a looted wagon with just bolt on guns...Considering you can customize it to be orky, you can make it a good 2-3x the size of a warbuggy and it'll be perfectly legal..and it'll screen fantasticly and add enough additional armor to where Bolters can't kill it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i thought about it and i think im going to make some changes

i will take one boy out of a trukk squad and add it to the footslogging squad.

i am going to change the three squads of buggies to

x2 warbuggies
    twin rokkits

x2 warbuggies
    twin rokkits

x2 warbuggies
    twin rokkits

with the remaining 135 points i was either thinking of going with another squad of lootas 9 total or changing the heavy support around. any ideas on what i should do with the remaining points, or where the list is weak and needs support? so far i think i have a good ammount of boyz and vehicles, and tank busting and cc power. thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like this list. It seems a little scattered, but it has a good balance to it. As a thought, you could try dropping the rokkit kans and four boyz from the shoota mob and get a battlewagon. That would give you a high-av vehicle for your opponent to target, (to keep the fire off the trukks) as well as a transport for your shoota boyz.

As far as the buggies go, I personally like fielding lots of them with a speed freeks list. I use them as a mobile wall for the trukks, lining them up so that they block the maximum area possible. When you do this with units of three it covers more ground than any looted wagon could ever hope for, and in my years with orks it has been extremely rare for a trukk to be blown up before reaching the enemy lines due to the buggie screens. With that considered any damage they actually manage to do is just icing on the cake, and with larger mobs you become much more likely to get that critical hit or have a few survive long enough to get a bead on some rear armour. That being said, I think that you could live with possibly reducing the number down to six, either in two units of three or three units of two. If you did that you would free up a fair few points that you could use to get an extra trukk mob if you drop something else, (maybe a meganob?). The only reason I suggest this is that trukk boyz are the real bread and butter of the speed freek army and I feel like you don't quite have enough, but that is just my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use those points to fill out the lotta squad, bring it to a max 15...

Remember they work off of mob rule too...so the more wounds in the squad, the longer they'll hold-fast..
    Or another idea
    Now here's an idea, you can drop the KK sqauds to 2-2 kan sqauds..one for Grotzookas (if you want them) the other for rokkits...

then you should have the points left for a nice Looted wagon with a bigol gun on tha front, and still have some points to add a loota or two or like gamefreak said, get yourself a high AV vehicle in there to add some "DAMMIT I KEEP GETTING GLANCING 1'S" to your list

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast