1500pt Speed Freeks, need help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

1500pt Speed Freeks, need help!

Ok, this is my first speed freeks list. I've been playing orks for a long time and have the simple overrun and kill list pretty hammered out. Now i'd like to change things up a bit and try a Speed Freeks themed list. Not really sure how well this list would work. If there is something that seems to be lacking, let me know, ill take what I can get. Thanks!

Warboss - Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Cybork Body, Bosspole, Warbike - 145pts

5 Nob Bikers - 3 Big Choppas, Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner, Warbikes, 'Eavy Armour - 305pts
    The warboss will join the nobs and the two together would be my counter assualt unit and the overall muscle beat stick for the army. They will counter anything I don't feel the stormboyz could handle themselves. They will also act as a objective claimer when needed.

12 boyz - nob w/ Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Boss Pole, Rokkit Launcha, Trukk w/ Red paint, Grot Riggers - 172pts

12 boyz - nob w/ Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Boss Pole, Rokkit Launcha, Trukk w/ Red paint, Grot Riggers - 172pts

These 3 units are going to set up and charge when they can. I know 12 orks wont stand up to a whole lot, but if i can keep them somewhat together, i will. Other then that, not entirely sure how they will do.

20 boyz - nob w/ Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Boss Pole, 2 Rokkit Launchas - 185pts

Battlewagon - Rokkit Launcha, 2 Big Shootas, Red Paint, Grot Riggers - 120pts
    These 20 boyz will be mounted up in a battlewagon. This group is kind of left over from my old list of having units of 25+ models in a unit. I just thought this would be a great way to put a mass of models on the table with keeping the theme of the list.

15 stormboyz - nob w/ Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Boss Pole - 225pts
    Just another good CC unit that can move around that keeps the theme of the list. They will be my primary counter assualt list for when i don't want to chance my warboss/nob squad.

Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Why do the warboss and biker nobz have 'eavy armor? They already have a 4+ save from the bikes. The armor is redundant. Also, give the bosspole to the nobz, not the warboss. If your opponent kills your warboss first, then your nobz will be really easy to beat.

Don't bother giving the nobz in the groups of ork boyz and storm boyz 'eavy armor either. You won't get to use it until the nob is the last ork alive, and by then it won't make a difference. I'd also remove the grott riggers from the trukks. If your opponent sees that your trukk can move again, they'll simply shoot it again. Trukks are too fragile to warrant any upgrade besides a red paint job. The grott riggers work on the battlewagon, but I'd take off the red paint. Battlewagons don't move fast enough for 1in to be significant.

The nobz need a painboy and cybork bodies. As it stands, they'll be wiped out by monstrous creatures, powerklaws, and high initiative troops fairly easily. You don't have to buy a painboy, just paint one of them like you would a medic (white, with some blood splashes and such). You can make up the point cost of the painboy and cybork bodies by making the cuts I suggested above. I usually have 2 nobz with powerklaws instead of 1. This will make victory in CC all but certain. Of course, this costs more, so you'd have to cut some points somewhere else. It's up to you.

Overall, it's a good list, but you need to take out the 'eavy armor. It's only useful on independent characters, or if the whole unit has it, and are not on bikes.
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 7th, 2008 at 21:01. Reason: forgot one thing
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread