Mech Eldar Alaitoc 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Mech Eldar Alaitoc 1500pts

I've been wanting to make an eldar army for a while so here's my list for the moment.
    All input is welcome, especially if i'm doing something terribly wrong!;Y
    HQ:
    -Farseer- spirit stones, doom, fortune- 130 pts
    -4 warlocks- 4 destructor- 140 pts

Elites:
    -6 striking scorpions- exarch w/ chainsabres, shadowstrike- 133 pts
    -6 fire dragons - exarch w/ firepike, tank hunters- 131 pts
    wave serpent- scatter lasers, stones, shuriken cannon- 135 pts

Troops:
    -10 dire avengers- exarch w/ twin catapults, bladestorm = 152 pts
    -5 rangers- 95 pts
    -5 rangers- 95 pts
    wave serpent- bright lances, stones - 145 pts

Heavy Support:
    -Falcon- scatter laser, holofields, stones, vectored engines- 180 pts
    -3 war walkers- 3 scatter lasers, 2 shuriken cannons, 1 EML - 165 pts

walkers will scout and rangers and scorpions infiltrate to pin any units to counter attack the mounted units. serpents and falcon (has seer council) will burst to the other flank, unload, then run loops around the enemy while aspects fight among them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The base of this list is actually great in my opinion, it just needs some tweaking to make it run better.

HQ

Farseer: Drop fortune and add runes of warding and guide. (+5pts) Completely get rid of the warlocks. (-140pts) You might want to consider running the farseer with the dire avengers. If u guide the avengers and then doom the unit they blade storm, it will all bout guarantee that you wipe out whatever unit they shoot at. Also, this protects the seer. And you still take major advantage of doom with its long range.

Elites

Striking Scrops: Replace the sabres with the claw and add stalker. (+15 pts) Since these guys don’t have fleet, I would keep the falcon nearby so that it can pick them up if they need to really be somewhere after they get done with their initial target.

Fire Dragons: Personally I would drop the exarch all together. (-40pts) If your really want the exacrh though, drop the fire pike and either take the flamer (helps if u really want/need to assault) or just keep the fusion gun. Keep tank hunters if you keep the exarch. (-8pts)

Wave Serpent: You can keep it as is.

Troops

Dire Avengers: Replace the extra catapult with the power weapon and shimmer shield. (+10pts) with this, it gives them a decent chance in combat and if you run the seer in the unit then they have a good chance of winning combat.

Wave Serpent: Keep as is.

Rangers: Upgrade to pathfinders (+25pts)

Rangers: Upgrade to pathfinders (+25pts)

Heavy Support (if you completely drop the exarch for the fire dragons)

Falcon: The only change I would make here is dropping the vectored engines. (-20pts) It’s way too many points since its being used with holo-fields. The odds of them immobilizing you with holo-fields are slim.

War Walkers: Keep as is.

Fire Prism: Add vectored engines.

Total: 1501

Heavy Support (option 2: if you decide to hold on to the exarch for the fire dragons)

Falcon: The only change I would make here is dropping the vectored engines. (-20pts) It’s way too many points since its being used with holo-fields. The odds of them immobilizing you with holo-fields are slim.

War Walkers: Run 2 with 2 scatter lasers, 2 EMLs, and stones. (140)

War Walkers: Run 2 with 4 scatter lasers and stones. (130)

Total: 1503
    Last edited by eldarkeg; March 6th, 2008 at 00:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Hmmm...what's wrong with your post? all that font changing makes it hard to read...
    anyway, i really want to keep the warlocks as i love the thought that i can drop them off, doom a large squad, and let rip with 4 heavy flamer hits!!! the upgrades to pathfinders seems like a good idea but i really want those warlocks so i have to look somewhere else for pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xhivetyrantx View Post
    I've been wanting to make an eldar army for a while so here's my list for the moment.
    All input is welcome, especially if i'm doing something terribly wrong!;Y
    HQ:
    -Farseer- spirit stones, doom, fortune- 130 pts
    -4 warlocks- 4 destructor- 140 pts
    ok understand what you are saying, mech flamer force, BUT, to hit something with 4 flamers is costing you 450 points, that is ridiculess, you really need to rething, I agree with Keg,. lose the warlocks, not sold on his re-work of the farseer, may need to rething the whole HQ
    Elites:
    -6 striking scorpions- exarch w/ chainsabres, shadowstrike- 133 pts
    add stalker, replace chain sabres with claw, the squad will work in smaller games but at 1500 points it will go down to attrition, you need to increase it to 10 strong
    -6 fire dragons - exarch w/ firepike, tank hunters- 131 pts
    wave serpent- scatter lasers, stones, shuriken cannon- 135 pts
    lost the exarch, pointless
    Troops:
    -10 dire avengers- exarch w/ twin catapults, bladestorm = 152 pts
    -5 rangers- 95 pts
    -5 rangers- 95 pts
    wave serpent- bright lances, stones - 145 pts
    presumably the wave serpent is for the DA, upgrade ALL the rangers to pathfinders, to be honest I would ditch a squad unless you face a lot of nidlzilla lists
    Heavy Support:
    -Falcon- scatter laser, holofields, stones, vectored engines- 180 pts
    VE are pointless here, once he is imobalised, he is dead
    -3 war walkers- 3 scatter lasers, 2 shuriken cannons, 1 EML - 165 pts
    gah, dont mix weaponry on a war walker, or in a squad, get scatter lasers all round givbe the farseer guide and nothing else, just sit guiding these
    walkers will scout and rangers and scorpions infiltrate to pin any units to counter attack the mounted units. serpents and falcon (has seer council) will burst to the other flank, unload, then run loops around the enemy while aspects fight among them.
    forget pinning, those units that you neeed to pin will either auto pass leadership tests or have high enough moral to pass it 9 times out of 10, pinning will only work on low leadership troops, which will be there in such huge numbers that the odd unit pinned is neither here nor there
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

There's just a few things wrong with your suggestions:
    -there aren't enough of a single heavy weapon in the war walkers box so i had to make due with what i had.
    -The exarch in the fire dragons i have together and painted but i guess i can count him as a normal dragon.
    What should i spend the points from the warlocks on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

yes, fully aware of the walker weapon issue the moral is use weapons platforms weapons, see if you can still get them from battle wagonbits or convert off other parts (falcon, vyper etc)

if you are stuggling, split up the squad. the principle distinction is the weapon usage, hence take an AT walker in one squad and 2 Anti infantry in the other, there would be less issue with combing scatter lasers, shuriken cannon and star cannon in a squad, although there are range issues

spare points - hmm may be worth re-working the hq, or possibly vypers, depends what you have left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said before, you should probably scrap the warlocks. Its to many points and, even though you may make doomed psychic toast out of one squad, you are completely open to either being charged by the rest of the army (tyranids, orks) or being shot to death(tau, Imperial guard, space marines...). This squad being killed and only bringing down one of the enemie's squads is a sacrifice of points, even if it may be terminators you fry.

also, having a farseer lead a suicide mission is not very eldarish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, you've got DA riding in a wave serpent, FD in a wave serpent, and I suppose you'll put the Scorps in the Falcon.

Your anti-tank is manly that squad of FD, and single Twin-linked Brightlance on a wave serpent carrying - your close combat guys. Seems like a little mismatch.

Give the Brightlance to the Fire-dragon ride; make that a falcon. The Pulse Laser is good anti-tank all by its lonesome, and better with the Brightlance.

Up the Scorpions to 10 and put them in the wave serpent. 6 Melta shots is good to take out a tank; but 6 scorpions likely will get scragged before close, even riding in.

Similarly for the DA, a squad of 8 or 10 would be better - or change the Wave Serpent for a Falcon and keep the 6.

Personally not a fan of the warwalkers; too thin, but some like 'em.

If you're getting a seer close enough to flamer, you're going to get in melee; take at least one enhance. That higher init and wounding on 2s can take out marine HQ squads before they even get to play. But, if you plan on that, you want fortune, rerolling 4+ invul saves are sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by WizWom View Post
    Give the Brightlance to the Fire-dragon ride; make that a falcon. The Pulse Laser is good anti-tank all by its lonesome, and better with the Brightlance.
    not sold on this, it puts all your AT in one nice killabel package, not to mention the inadviability of bright lance and pulse laser on the falcon being superflous or imobile

+ Reply to Thread