To many Marker Lights???? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To many Marker Lights????

Hi there, we always run 2000pts in my area. I have a main list I like to run but want to change it up a bit and try out something a little different but still maintaning my main basic structure of my list. I have some FW Tertras on the way and am looking forward to trying them out. I think the last time I played my Skyray was months and months ago. So here goes a list with a fair amount of markerlights as a different way than what I normally play.

HQ

97pts Shas'el MP, PR, TA, MT
    97pts Shas'el MP, PR, TA, MT

Elite

106pts x2 XV8 w/ TLMP, TA
    106pts x2 XV8 w/ TLMP, TA
    180pts x6 stealth stuits

Troops

220pts x10 Firewarriors
    Warfish w/ SMS, TA, MT, DL
    220pts x10 Firewarriors

Fast Attack

231pts x8 Pathfinders Shas'ui w/TL
    110pts x2 Tetras w/ TA
    140pts x2 Piranhas w/ FB, TA

Heavy

165pts Hammerhead w/ RG, BC, MT, DL
    165pts Hammerhead w/ RG, BC, MT, DL
    155pts Skyray w/ BC, TA, MT, DL

1992pts Total

Now a small briefing on my list,
    HQ- These 2 are great all round HQ choices.

Elites- x2 Deathrains teams are basically a never leave home without them choice
    Stealthsuits are a dito to above statement

Troops- Now I know I have read many threads stating not to make a warfish on your FW transports BUT I just love the firepower these dish out. I run all 3 of my Warfish as a squadron and they cause massive amounts of saves on my enemy infantry. Usually my FW don't see the light of day but I have them there if I really need them.

Fast attack- Pathfinders- good unit, still hate how stationary they are but they do draw fire from the real distructive units.
    Piranhas- I like having them they are just good little annoying units. I think I would like to fit x1 seeker on each of them.
    Tetras- Haven't played with them yet but I like the scout move then the actual move to get into a real good position for the seekers.

Heavies- Rail heads are just solid, Skyray is to support the rail heads and launch off its seekers hopefully all on first turn, then just continuous marker support.

Anyways any questions or comment would be cool. I like to make my army very well rounded as my play group is very diverse in armies so I never know what I may come across.
    Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper the army looks solid. I personally have not really been a great fan of marker lights doe to their costs and one time use. Although the thought of a marker light army is both intriguing and, frankly, deadly against almost any army.

I would have to say to try it out and let us know how a heavy marker light army does, well at least tell me, lol.

Paintballert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Half of your list doesn’t need any assistance from the PF's, while the other half would greatly benefit from it; however, that other half is mainly FW's which you stated, "Usually my FW don't see the light of day but I have them there if I really need them."

As of right now your PF's seem paradoxical, no?

The only suggestion I have is that you drop the DR's and obviously something else for the points needed to max out two squads of FK's or FS's. The reason being is that they pack great weaponry but lack BS, thus making the most of your PF's.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there thanks for the info. I agree with the pathfinders. I have found that they are a little to stationary for my usual tactics. But they have proved useful at times. The main thing now in this list is that I now can use my pathfinders first for seekers or to help the the BS of another unit. But after first turn I can use them more for negating cover saves which is always useful. But they usually never last the hole game alive.
    I like adding a FK unit instead of one of the DR units. But I would probably take one DR and one FK as I like my DR a bunch.
    Another thing I was thinking is dropping the PF altogether and adding another FoF as another troop choice. As with 5th around the corner Tau armies will need more troop selections in there armies. This will start to slowly convert me in taking more troops spots.
    Decisions decisions
    =)

+ Reply to Thread