Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors (1,000 points) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors (1,000 points)

Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors (1,000 point Eldar Army)

Prince Yriel of Iyanden

10 Wraithguard
    Warlock
    Spiritseer
    Enhance

10 Guardians
    2 Flamers
    Warlock
    Spiritseer

10 Guardians
    2 Flamers
    Warlock
    Spiritseer

Wraithlord
    Shuriken Cannon

Wraithlord
    Shuriken Cannon

1004 points

As you can see it's a fluff army, I deploy Wguard as elite to get a later deployment. Yriel joins one of the troops so he doesn't get instant killed. However, it still works pretty well, 8 flamers total is nothing to be sneezed at and Yriel has made me convinced that if every autarch had the Spear of Twilight they'd be awesome 1v1 HQ. There are also 10 wguard that attract ALOT of fire and nearly always win in close combat.

Last edited by Hiruma; March 10th, 2008 at 13:36.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruma View Post
    Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors (1,000 point Eldar Army)

Prince Yriel of Iyanden (155)
    nice and powerfull perhaps a little pricey for 1000 points, who is he going with?
    10 Wraithguard (350)
    Warlock (43)
    Spiritseer
    Enhance
    slow and expensive, will get targeted by all the worlds AT weaponry which will make short work of them, would prefer squad of 5 in a serpent or more squads
    10 Guardians (100)
    2 Flamers
    Warlock (2
    Spiritseer

10 Guardians (100)
    2 Flamers
    Warlock (2
    Spiritseer
    dont particularly see the point of Spirit seer at this juncture, I assume Yriel will be with one of these? lot easier to get into flamer range with a transport, also would look to give the warlock powers (enhance, embolden bith spring to mind)
    Wraithlord (100)
    Shuriken Cannon

Wraithlord (100)
    Shuriken Cannon
    not really effective, I see why you want spirit seer now
    1004 points

As you can see it's a fluff army, I deploy Wguard as elite to get a later deployment. Yriel joins one of the troops so he doesn't get instant killed. However, it still works pretty well, 8 flamers total is nothing to be sneezed at and Yriel has made me convinced that if every autarch had the Spear of Twilight they'd be awesome 1v1 HQ. There are also 10 wguard that attract ALOT of fire and nearly always win in close combat.
    no really viable anti tank, WL are ineffective and you are investing a lot in the WG and Yriel

I would look to get AT from the WL, give them BL and EML

I would look to expand the army by adding serpents for the guardians and the WG, but as it stands, I think you are trying to fit too much in
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay this would be totally in my opinion but I never add additional weapons to a guardian storm squad. Becuase you want to hurry up and charge the enemy ASAP or they will get killed. So you will want to fleet. And mpst of the time when you try to assault you will be out of range, so you'll want to fleet. And if you fleet, you lose all of the points for the flamers.

I know that some may disagree ( and this line might get quoted:party2 but that's why I don't use flamers/ fusion guns in my Storm Guardians.

Bonus info: You'll want to get Yriel into combat anyways becuase if he charges, he can do serious damage. AND, you get a 2 bonus attacks from the guardians. Not much but there's a better chance on doing something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

in principle you are right natlav, but I think, given the low points cost for 2 flamers, the off chance you can flame a squad, which will do prolific damage, for those few points and 2 guardian close combat attacks are a nice piece of flexibility
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread