1500 ulthwe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 ulthwe

Ive been wanting to do Eldar for quite a while now and am brainstorming some lists i might want to try. I love eldar vehicles for both thier speed and firepower and want my army to be somewhat mech, however I always like to try things that are a little different so I came up with a Mech Ulthwe list. Any help/suggestions appreciated

PS: The metagame where i play is mostly space marines and new orks

HQ: Farseer with Doom 80pts

Elites: Harlequins x6 w/Kiss 132pts

Troops: Guardian Def x 10 w/scatter laser, lock w/conceal 135pts

Troops: Storm guardians x 11 w/flamer x 2, lock w/enhance 140pts
    Transport: Wave Serpent w/TL EML and Spirit Stones 130pts

Transport: Wave Serpent w/TL EML and Spirit Stones 130pts

Heavy Support: Falcon w/SL and Spirit Stones 140pts

Heavy Support: Falcon w/SL and Spirit Stones 140pts

Startegy:

Basically the 2 pulse lasers and 2 eml's should handle most armor(I see primarily light transports and weak side armor not many LR, Mono's, etc)

The Storm guardians with enhance should do alright in CC 33 attacks on the charge ws4 i5

The Guardian defenders are the main line, hold obj, etc with conceal to help keep em alive

The Harlequins are the mobile CC in a Falcon to be used where needed

This is my first eldar list and I want to try to keep with the Ulthwe theme, ie no aspect warriors, farseer as general, I dont know if the harlequins are fluffy for ulthwe at all but i need some kind of dedicated CC, unless you all think the storm guardians can get the job done.

Thanks

-Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

interesting, observations:
    not sure what you are expecting the faseer to do
    would put a shadow seer in the harleys, even through they are transported, once out the vehicle if they are not in combat they will die
    be tempted to ditch the two defender squads and take another serpent/stormie squad

your falcons need holo fields
    any vehicle transporting assault troops needs vectored engines
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice also there is still 198pts unspent, anything you see that I am still lacking? Holo fields for both falcons would be 70 and vectored for the 2 seprents would be 30 so that would still leave 98. As for the farseer I thought he could advance with Defenders and maybe doom whoever the harlequins charge....dont know for sure just trying to stick with ulthwe theme not sure how to use him most effectively...

Thanks

-Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

assume the harleys will be in a falcon hence that falcon would need VE too, which leaves you about 70 points to sped, assuming you leave the guardian defenders as is, I would probably look to add a vyper

problem with that doom is that the support weapons dont need it, so it really only comes into effect IF you get anything in catapult range, which wont be often.

equaly guide has the same issue, I think I would probably either scrap the defenders again and look at possible a tooled up seer council in a serpent, or make him an "assassin" with a singing spear, mind war and a bike (rather than that vyper)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Mind War should I be tagreting sgts, special weapons, etc. It seems that character would be iffy with mind war.

Also how do you make a seer council effective, ie what are they good at. I keep staring at the unit entry in the codex and I dont see what I would use it for...on bikes with spears to hunt vehicles maybe???

Thanks

-Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

the perk of the assassin aproach is its flexibility, it can happily hop around near your squad, using its IC status to protect it, it can take down tanks with its singing spear and can mind war a range of targets, either, as you say, vet sgts/squad leaders or special weapons chaps or HQs, sure the last is difficult, most will have LD10 which puts them on a level with the farseer, but (ignoring Perisl of the warp) mind war doesnt hurt him and it will hurt the opponent often as not

Seer councils are more commonly used as a holding unit, a squad full of goons with inv saves and an alarming ability to hit and wound will hold up most units in combat for an age, suplement it with warlock powers like enhance, embolden and give the farseer fortune and you have a lot of capability, note though I dont think this is the better option, it is fluffier for ulthwe, but not better (unless you face a nidzilla army)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Farseer with Doom, Mind War Jetbike and Singing Spear 133pts

Elites: Harlequins x5 w/Kiss, Shadowseer w/kiss 162pts

Transport: Wave Serpent w/TL EML and Spirit Stones/VE 150pts

Transport: Wave Serpent w/TL EML and Spirit Stones/VE 150pts

Heavy Support: Falcon w/SL and Spirit Stones/Holo 175pts

Heavy Support: Falcon w/SL and Spirit Stones/Holo 175pts

Total: 1495

If the farseer is on jetbike he should be mobile enought to move up and doom the Harlequins target, other turns he can just snipe with mind war

Thanks

-Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

looks pretty solid

ok starting to really touch on not making much difference, but the harleys will tend to kill in spades anyway, doom may be more usefull on an oponent in combat with the stormies (if that happens)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe drop doom for fortune? or drop it all together and get a troupe master? of course i did forget VE for the falcon with the harlequins, maybe swap doom for that?

Also just generally speaking Ive always loved troop heavy armies and relying on the rank and file, but with the specialized nature of eldar am I shooting myself in the foot with list. Will this be a viable take all comers list?

Thanks
    -Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

ok should you or shouldnt you?

I have always tried to teach my kids that to get the best from an army you need to master its troops, this has lead to them beating most adults at our local club, never mind children their own ag

however what are the troops of the eldar? the codex covers a number of craftwolrd and thus a variety of troops.

My opinion, and it is only that, is that guradian defenders are inefficient, mostly they provide a single heavy weapons platform effectively which can be done much cheaper, they have a tendancy to run and are dead meat if you hit them with sizable fire power

Strom guardians, particularly when transported and equiped properly, which you have done, present a very different proposal, they can do simple drive by, in your case, 2 flamers and 20 pistol shots, or can combine this with an assault, not to mention the power of the serpent its self, so..

If I dig my ulthwe out the attic, it would be the storm guardians which would be focused on, I think they can be very effective, but are little used and largely under estimated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast