Need help with a new list for friendly games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Seattle, WA, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Need help with a new list for friendly games

I just bought another Battleforce box to go with the nids I already owned. I have not
    started to assemble the bugs in that box yet, though..

The models I have already built:
    1 Hive Tyrant w/ VC, BS

5 Warriors w/ RC, Spitters
    1 Warrior w/ RC, VC

8 Gaunt Brood with Fleshborers

8 Hormagaunts

8 Genestealers RC/ST, EC @ 24 ea

1 Carnifex "Sniperfex"
    VC, BS, EC, RChit, ES

3 Ripper Bases

Models as yet unbuilt:
    1 Hive Tyrant with badly miscast right leg
    (well beyond using green stuff to fix since it has tons of tiny fractures
    all through the leg, will have to find a replacement somewhere)

3 Lictors

3 Warriors
    8 Gaunts
    8 Hormagaunts
    8 Genestealers
    1 Carnifex
    2 Ripper Bases

1 Winged Tyrant with Scything Talons (should arrive early next month, Forgeworld)

I am thinking about building the new Carnifex as either an Elite choice Dakkafex or giving it crushing and rending claws and a load of defensive biomorphs.

I've been very successful using the 'fex as a tank-buster, as I get lucky on
    rolling a 6 on the Glancing Hit table, and then either armament destroyed or vehicle
    destroyed on the Penetrating Hit table.

I might put wings on the warriors once I get my Flyrant in April. I've had a lot of success with their current set-up though, and am not sure the tradoff of EC for Wings will be worth it when I'll easily be able to use the tyrant to provide synapse on the front line.

I will probably be grabbing a pair of Zoanthropes at some point in the near future to provide some extra synapse and firepower... not to mention the potential for a Psychic Choir with the unbuilt Tyrant that has a busted leg. Might pick up the formation with a Tyrant, Guards, and Zoans too.

Anyways, what I'm looking for hear is advice and ideas on what to build my new models as and what kind of list I can run with them all. Preferabely around 1000 to 2000 points total as not many people play Apocalypse sized games around here yet.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

30 (x2)

consider making a list of alll the things you have, and put in the upgrades you might put them on... then we can all help you change stuff before you build the rest.

+ Reply to Thread