1500pts League - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1500pts League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts League

Alright this is my first list ever and i'm somewhat new to 40k, so all C&C is greatly appreciated. All of the games for this league are of course going to be:
    Take and Hold (p.83 rulebook)
    Assassination (p.51 Cities of Death) Recon (p.83 rulebook)
    High Ground (p.43 Cities of Death)
    Hold At All Costs (p.195 rulebook)
    Urban Assault (p.44 Cities of Death)
    as posted...this is going to be my first time playing with missions as well...so let me know if this list sounds suitable for what i'll be playing with.

Thanks again guys!

HQ
    Hive Tyrant (213)
    Hive Tyrant Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless,
    -Warp Field
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Implant Attack
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Winged

-Scything Talons(X2)

Hive Tyrant (274)
    Hive Tyrant Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless, Retinue - Tyrant Guard, -The Shadow in the Warp
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Exteneded Carapace (+1 Sv)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Twin-linked Devourers
    -Venom Cannon
    2 Tyrant guard Shield Wall, Tyrant Guard, Scything Talons, Rending Claws

Elite
    warriors (129)
    3 warriors Synapse Creature, Leader-Beasts
    -Extended Carapace (+1 Sv)
    -Leaping
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)

-Rending Claws
    -Scything Talons

Lictor (80)
    Lictor Loner, Stealth, Rending Claws, Pheromone Trail, Fearless, Hit and Run, Feeder Tendrils, Flesh Hooks, Scything Talons, Secret Deployment

Lictor (80)
    Lictor Loner, Stealth, Rending Claws, Pheromone Trail, Fearless, Hit and Run, Feeder Tendrils, Flesh Hooks, Scything Talons, Secret Deployment

Troop
    Gaunt (75)
    15 Gaunt Fleet of claw
    Spinefist

Hormagaunt (150)
    15 Hormagaunt Scything Talons, Beats, Leaping

Genestealer (220)
    11 Genestealer Fleet of claw, Brood Telepathy, Rending Claws

Heavy Support

Zoanthrope (130)
    2 Zoanthrope Toxic Miasma, Warp Field, Living Artillery
    -Synapse Creature
    -warp blast

Carnifex (149)
    Carnifex Monstrous Creature, Fearless, Shock Troops
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Flesh Hooks

-Venom Cannon
    -Barbed Strangler

Total: 1500

Thanks all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I'm going to do broad issues first and then a few specific critiques.

The first is that 2 zoans and a sniperfex are unlikely to be enough anti-tank in a 1500 point game. I would try to bring either another sniperfex or at least another zoan. Against a balanced list you'll do alright, but if someone comes tank heavy you're in trouble (I'm thinking mech eldar specifically.)

Unless you're expecting escalation in the missions you're playing (the league should tell you that up front) I wouldn't bring the two lictors. And if they are expecting escalation, I'd just bring one. I like the idea of lictors, but I find they are just too fragile to really make back their points.

If you drop the 2 lictors it gives you a sniper fex, and then you can drop one hormie to bring 2 squads of 6 stealers (which would be my suggestion). If you have to deal with escalation, drop one lictor and swap him out for a zoan.

In terms of minor\unit changes:
    On your flyrant I would drop the implant attack. You really don't want this bad boy going toe to toe with special characters, they tend to be too nasty to handle. And the ones you do want to go after won't need the extra wound anyway. Other than that you have a carbon copy of how I like my flyrant.

On the other fex I would swap shadow in the warp for psycic scream, or drop it all together. The only armies it really affects have ways of ignoring it (eldar, chaos etc) so it rarely has a major impact. You're better off with the -1 leadership, or with the points back to spend on a stealer or so.

I pretty much like everything else you have here. I personally would swap out the gaunts for a few more stealers, but that's mostly because I dislike gaunts. I'd be careful as 15 isn't likely to be a huge numbers turner, but you can use them as bait for bolters and things like that instead of your stealers. You also (depending on what other changes you make and how many points you have) may want to consider slapping reinforced chitin on the fex(es) they'll apreciate the extra wound once the las cannons start flying.

Other than that, nice looking list, good luck in the league and let us know how it goes.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

youre list is pretty good. Though i think you need some fast attack or something. Also, 3 warriors will die... FAST. Consider adding some more. and your will need more synapse support than the tyrant only. otherwise, nice list. you also need more tank support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul_Harkonen View Post
    I'm going to do broad issues first and then a few specific critiques.

The first is that 2 zoans and a sniperfex are unlikely to be enough anti-tank in a 1500 point game. I would try to bring either another sniperfex or at least another zoan. Against a balanced list you'll do alright, but if someone comes tank heavy you're in trouble (I'm thinking mech eldar specifically.)

Unless you're expecting escalation in the missions you're playing (the league should tell you that up front) I wouldn't bring the two lictors. And if they are expecting escalation, I'd just bring one. I like the idea of lictors, but I find they are just too fragile to really make back their points.
    The only reason i'd toss in the lictors would be to either play them against cover huggers, and use them to knock off heavy weap teams, snipers, and swing at tanks. the other thing is i could use them to draw fire away by tossing them into cover and into the open ahead of an advancing squad. forcing them to have to roll a leadership to aim elsewhere, and with the save that lictors could gain through cover i figure it would...well rather it MIGHT just be enough. Though i do see your point.
    As for escalation i do believe that's going to be taking play. all the missions are Omega level, so that includes: Escalation, concealment, infiltrate, deep strike, dusk & dawn, VP, Random game length. Like i said this is my first time stepping into mission based games since i usually just played casual 6 turn games, cleanse pretty much. So these new rules are rather new to me, and i'm reading and re-reading it till i understand it fully.

If you drop the 2 lictors it gives you a sniper fex, and then you can drop one hormie to bring 2 squads of 6 stealers (which would be my suggestion). If you have to deal with escalation, drop one lictor and swap him out for a zoan.
    I was considering running another sniperfex or even a dakkafex for troop support. Though another sniperfex would be useful, though i was going to use my other HT (walking with ret) to do ranged support with the sniperfex as i move up as well.

In terms of minor\unit changes:
    On your flyrant I would drop the implant attack. You really don't want this bad boy going toe to toe with special characters, they tend to be too nasty to handle. And the ones you do want to go after won't need the extra wound anyway. Other than that you have a carbon copy of how I like my flyrant.
    Well, implant has done wonders for me in the past. Are the SC's going to really be that decked out to where i wont be able to handle it at all? or at least as well as I have been in the past? 1 shotting a deamon prince on first assault...etc.

On the other fex I would swap shadow in the warp for psycic scream, or drop it all together. The only armies it really affects have ways of ignoring it (eldar, chaos etc) so it rarely has a major impact. You're better off with the -1 leadership, or with the points back to spend on a stealer or so.
    I can see what you mean there, it would end up being rather useless against eldar from what i can tell. But will really 1 leadership make a difference? Would i be better off adding scream to all my zoanthropes as well so it has a larger effect than just a -1?

I pretty much like everything else you have here. I personally would swap out the gaunts for a few more stealers, but that's mostly because I dislike gaunts. I'd be careful as 15 isn't likely to be a huge numbers turner, but you can use them as bait for bolters and things like that instead of your stealers. You also (depending on what other changes you make and how many points you have) may want to consider slapping reinforced chitin on the fex(es) they'll apreciate the extra wound once the las cannons start flying.
    They are just fodder, my main hitter is going to be my hormies+HT+warriors. Though i'm wondering if i should sack the lictors and toss in 2 raveners instead, though i haven't really been able to play them properly i guess since they end up dying during their first assault, i guess i should be rather picky on the fights i throw them into

thanks for the feed back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Fleet Hydra View Post
    youre list is pretty good. Though i think you need some fast attack or something. Also, 3 warriors will die... FAST. Consider adding some more. and your will need more synapse support than the tyrant only. otherwise, nice list. you also need more tank support.

there's 2 zoans, 3 warriors, and 2 tyrants for synapse? not enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

theyre not fast enough to keep up with the hormagaunts and gaunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i could always change around some things and make it so they are winged. though it would be more pricy. I'll redo the list tomorrow during some downtime at work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tweaked it around do work with the omega rule set, and with what you guys told me.

Tyranids 1500 Points

HQ
    Hive Tyrant (201pts)
    Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless
    -Warp Field
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Winged
    -2x Scything Talons

Hive Tyrant (274pts)
    Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless, Retinue - Tyrant Guard
    -Psychic Scream
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Twin linked Devourers
    -Venom Cannon
    2 Tyrant guard
    (Shield Wall, Tyrant Guard, Scything Talons, Rending Claws)

Elite
    warriors (135pts)
    3-warriors
    Synapse Creature, Leader-Beasts
    -Leaping
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Scything Talons
    -Rending Claws

Lictor (80pts)
    Loner, Stealth, Rending Claws, Pheromone Trail, Fearless, Hit and Run, Feeder Tendrils, Flesh Hooks, Scything Talons, Secret Deployment

Troop
    16 Hormagaunt (160pts)
    Scything Talons, Beast, Leaping

7 Genestealers (140pts)
    Fleet of claw, Brood Telepathy, Rending Claws

7 Genestealers (140pts)
    Fleet of claw, Brood Telepathy, Rending Claws

Heavy Support
    (195pts) 3-Zoanthrope
    Toxic Miasma, Warp Field, Living Artillery
    -Synapse Creature
    -warp blast

Carnifex (174pts)
    Monstrous Creature, Fearless, Shock Troops
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Venom Cannon
    -Barbed Strangler
    Total: 1499

Let me know what you think about this edit.
    Last edited by The Frexican; March 14th, 2008 at 15:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Frexican View Post
    Hive Tyrant (201pts)
    Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless
    -Warp Field
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Flesh Hooks
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Winged

Hive Tyrant (274pts)
    Synapse Creature, Monstrous Creature, The Horror, Fearless, Retinue - Tyrant Guard
    -Psychic Scream
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    - 2 Tyrant guard
    (Shield Wall, Tyrant Guard, Scything Talons, Rending Claws)

Elite
    warriors (135pts)
    3-warriors
    Synapse Creature, Leader-Beasts
    -Leaping
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 I)
    -Adrenal Glands (+1 WS)
    -Toxin Sacs (+1 S)
    -Flesh Hooks

Carnifex (174pts)
    Monstrous Creature, Fearless, Shock Troops
    -Enhanced Senses (+1 BS)
    -Flesh Hooks
    you didn't say what weapons you will have on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha, it was late. woops, one sec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast