1500 tau vs necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 tau vs necrons

I am playing a game with 3 friends, 2 vs 2. I am playing tau... and my other half of the team is playing space marines. I only know 100% what one of the others is play (necrons) there is a good chance the other is elder.
    I made two list (anti necron), but want is best and what else should I edit in my list?
    1 list:
    HQ:
    Shas'o
    Cyclic Ion Blaster; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generator

Shas'o
    Missile Pod; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Stimulant Injector; Shield Generator

Elite:
    3 Stealth Suit
    Team Leader with Markerlight;Hard-wired, Drone Controller 2 Marker Drone

2 Crisis Battlesuit
    Fusion Blaster; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

2 Crisis Battlesuit
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

Troops:
    6 Fire Warrior

9 Kroot, 1 Kroot Shaper, 8 Kroot Hounds

Heavy Support:
    2 Broadside Battlesuit; Twinlinked Railgun; Smart Missile System; 4 (2 each) Shield Drone; Drone Controller

3 Sniper Drone team

Hammerhead Gunship
    Ion Cannon; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Multi-Tracker; Target Lock; Disruption Pod; Decoy Launchers; Landing Gear

Total Roster Cost: 1499

2 list:
    HQ:
    Shas'o
    Cyclic Ion Blaster; Hard-wired Blacksun Filter; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Stimulant Injector;Shield Generator

Shas'o
    Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generator
    1 Shas'vre
    Fusion Blaster; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Elite:
    2 Crisis Battlesuit
    Burst Cannon; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

3 Crisis Battlesuit
    Fusion Blaster; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

3 Stealth Suit
    Team Leader with Markerlight;Hard-wired Drone Controller and 2 Marker Drone

Troops:
    6 Fire Warrior
    6 Fire Warrior

Heavy Support:
    3 Broadside Battlesuit
    Team Leader; Twinlinked Railgun; Smart Missile System;Multi-Tracker; Hard-wired Drone Controller; 2 Shield Drone

Hammerhead Gunship
    Ion Cannon; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Multi-Tracker; Target Lock; Disruption Pod; Decoy Launchers

1 Sniper Drone team

Total Roster Cost: 1459

I forgot the necron to tell the necron player playing style:
    well not much to say 1-2 lords with orb, mass warrior with some immortals, flayed ones, maybe some destroyers and 2 monolith!!?

Thx for any help

Last edited by The_other_guy; March 13th, 2008 at 14:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi mate, first of all look at the thread i put in and particulalry post 5 or 6 which explains in detail the 2500pt battle i had with a Necron army and how the units faired.

.Shas'O in my opinion is not worth the points, stick with the Shas'El, its cheaper and as effective.
    .Deathrains for crisis suits is the way to go very effective, max them out.
    .Gun Drones are your friend they have speed they provide LOS protection, they act as speed bumps, they kill and are cheap and as Rikimaru has pointed out to me and i have used, link a squadron with the Shas'El and you have a preverbial circular saw running towards your enemy.
    .Personally i would keep the stealth suits simple 6 of them are enough without drones.
    .A sole hammerhead i found to be ineffective, you either need two or replace
    . Sniper drones (full squad) is needed these babies can pin and take out key units a la Lord, Ctan, Flying Tyrant, Fexes.

This is my 2-cents, good luck
    Never give up, Never surrender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my list ended with this and we played necrons and elder:
    HQ:
    Shas'o
    Cyclic Ion Blaster; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Airbursting frag. Projetor; Shield Generator
    Did ok dmg on elder but didn't do much to necrons

Shas'o
    Missile Pod; Hard-wired Multi-tracker; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generator
    I had really bad luck didn't do as much dmg with this guy because for 1'ens!?
    Elite:

3 Crisis Battlesuit
    Worked well
    3 Crisis Battlesuit
    Worked well
    Troops:
    6 Fire Warrior
    well...
    10 Kroot, 4 Kroot Hounds
    10 Kroot, 4 Kroot Hounds
    worked as a great meat shield for a good 3 turns
    Heavy Support:
    2 Broadside Battlesuit; teamleader with Drone Controller; Multi-Tracker; Twinlinked Railgun; Smart Missile System;2 Shield Drone;
    as I said was bit unlucky, but did kill 2 elder tanks and hurt a monolith (space marines killed it9
    2 Broadside Battlesuit; teamleader with Drone Controller: Multi-Tracker Twinlinked Railgun; Smart Missile System;2 Shield Drone;

3 Sniper Drone team
    did kill as much as I thougt they would be and pinning necron is hard!? But still took models out + 2 elder jetbiker's

We won 8X and really with a alot of point 8Y in diff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you going to make any changes to the list after that battle?
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would split the 2 groups of Crisis Battlesuit in to 3 groups of 2 making them more mobile, and change one of the teams in to Plasma Rifle and fusion blaster.
    Maybe only take 2 teams of Sniper Drone ( and keeping them close and fireing at same target). Broadside and Multi-Tracker is not as good as I remembert it is rare that they can use the 2ed weapon anyway (and even more rare it can do dmg on the targets!) next time I will go with Drone Controller or the "slow and purposeful".

When you play this list you have to move your Crisis and HQ's in to good cover or out of sight, and using range and/or cover for Broadside is a good ideer.

+ Reply to Thread