1500pt MekBikerz Gang - Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Renaissance Man Inquisitor Earl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x2)

1500pt MekBikerz Gang - Tournament

I recently found out about Ork ubernobz biker armies and loved it. I've been looking at different ork armies but this has to be the most exciting. I want a list thats gonna be fun to play and fun to convert and paint. I've made a list that combines the insane coolness of ubernobz plus other elements i want to model and include.

Im gonna theme them around the warbosses being almost meks and lots of bionics for the cybork bodies. My background is that they go around stealing imperial parts and kidnapping ad-mech priests for tech knowledge. Like a highly mobile ork-mechanicus strike force.

I'm looking for feedback as its been at least 3 years since ive played orks and this is my first list from the new codex.

1500pt Earlzwagga'z Uber Mekbikerz Gang

HQ

BossMek Earlzwagga - 155 pts
    – Warboss, Power Klaw, Slugga, Bike, Cyborg Body, Boss Pole, Attack Squig.

Wazdakka Gutsmek - 180 pts

Elites

Burna Boyz - 80pts
    - 4 Burna Boyz, Mek, Grot Oiler.

Troops

Nob Bikerz - 529 pts
    - 2 Bikerz with Power Klawz, 7 with Choppaz and 1 Painboy, all have cybork bodies (except the Painboy), Stikkbombs and a Waaagh Banner.

Warbikerz - 340 pts
    - 11 Bikerz, Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole.

Fast Attack

Deffcoptaz - 120 pts
    - 2 with Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha and bigbomm.

WarTrakks - 40 pts
    - 1 with Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha, Trakks.

Heavy Support

Looted Wagon - 55 pts
    - Wreckin’ Ball, Reinforced Ram, Boarding Plank.

Total: 1499 pts.

What do you think? I dont care about winning, i just wanna have fun. Also, whats 5th edition gonna do to this list?

Cheers.

I am Inquisitor Earl, fear my sandwich!

My website: www.ferrus-workshops.com

My blog: ferrus-workshops-blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

A good start

That's a good start, but I think you need some more units in this list. As it stands, you only have 5 units in this list (assuming you attach the HQs to units, and put the burnas in the looted wagon), and if your opponent has a lot of powerful shots, he'll just lascannon/railgun your nobz into oblivion.

I'd drop the deffkoptas, and field two more units of individual warbuggies/trakks instead. Also, with all the dakkagun shots available, I think tankbustas or lootas will serve you better than burnas will.

I'd also cut off most of the extras that are on the looted wagon. That wagon is too vulnerable for you to get any good use out of them. If you really like them, I'd find the points to make it a battlewagon instead. Also, the vehicle needs at least one gun, or a 'weapon destroyed' result will immobilize it instead. I'm pretty sure the wrecking ball counts as an upgrade, not a weapon.

You don't need the ram, by the way. I'm almost certain looted wagons already count as tanks (I don't have the book with me, so I can't be sure, but you can check the profile to see if the word 'tank' appears). The rams are for trukks, which don't count as tanks, and subsequently can't tank shock.

Everything else looks good, but you need to get at least two more units out there to help distract the enemy, and deal with powerful armor. Since you want most of the points with the bikes, I'd cut the deffkoptas, field 2 more rokkit buggies, and with the leftover 50-65 points, field at least one more unit of your choice, to serve as a distraction, if nothing else.

You might want to consider 'big guns', and give them kannons. They're cheap, easy to convert out of spare parts, and quite effective, as long as you don't mind the fact they will almost certainly die. You can even split them up into two units, to provide even more of a distraction.

This will give you 7-8 units, instead of 5, and that should be distracting enough that your opponent doesn't concentrate all his fire on your biker nobz, giving them the chance they need to get into close combat.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Renaissance Man Inquisitor Earl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x2)

Thanks for that.

I've relooked at the list and taking into account your ideas and things said on another forum ive come up with the following which im pretty happy with:

1500pt Earlzwagga'z Mekbikerz Gang

HQ

BossMek Earlzwagga - 135 pts
    – Warboss, Power Klaw, Slugga, Bike, Cyborg Body.

Wazdakka Gutsmek - 180 pts

Troops

Nob Bikerz - 534 pts
    - 2 Bikerz with Power Klawz, 7 with Choppaz and 1 Painboy, all have cybork bodies (except the Painboy), Stikkbombs, Waaagh Banner, Bosspole.

Warbikerz - 340 pts
    - 11 Bikerz, Nob with Power Klaw and Bosspole.

Fast Attack

WarTrakk - 45 pts
    - 1 with Skorcha, Trakks.

WarTrakk - 45 pts
    - 1 with Skorcha, Trakks.

WarTrakks - 80 pts
    - 2 with Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha, Trakks.

Heavy Support

Battlewagon - 140 pts
    - ‘Ard Case, Deff Rolla, 2 Big Shootas, Grot Riggers.

Total: 1499 pts.

Cheers
    I am Inquisitor Earl, fear my sandwich!

My website: www.ferrus-workshops.com

My blog: ferrus-workshops-blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Interesting...

Looks interesting, but I'm surprised that there's nothing riding inside the battlewagon. Of course, that can definitely be a sound strategy. If your opponent sees that battlewagon charging down the battlefield, they're going to be really distracted by it, as they have no way of knowing that there's no unit inside it. It can also provide cover for your bikes, if you want it to.

I still think that all the wartrakks should have rokkits, rather than scorchas, and you could probably stand to have at least one more anit-armor unit in the army, but find what works for you.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread