1000 pt Ork army that will give my opponent a head ache - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt Ork army that will give my opponent a head ache

HQ:
    Big Mek w/sag (95)
    Big Mek w/sag (95)

Troops:
    12X Slugga boyz & Nob w/ Power Klaw +Bosspole
    Trukk w/Ram (152)
    12X Slugga boyz & Nob w/ Power Klaw +Bosspole
    Trukk w/Ram (152)
    11X Slugga boyz & Nob w/ Power Klaw +Bosspole
    Trukk w/Ram (144)

Elites

12X Lootas (180)
    12X Lootas (180)

Total:
    1000 Points
    61 Ladz

Basically the lootas shoot everything that moves and the SAGS are strictly anti tank. The boys will move up for a turn 2 charge. This army will be random as hell but it will be fun to play and give the opponent a headache for sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Fun list

That looks like a fun list, but with so few units, the SAG's may give you a problem. The one roll that lets your opponent choose the target will either wipe out a team of lootas or a trukk.

The only change I'd definitely make is cut out the rams on the trukks. If your trukk is reaching enemies than something's wrong. The points are better spent on a red pain job, but I'd actually spend the points on a 12th boy for that trukk.

If you want to make the list a bit more competitive, you should consider cutting out one of the big meks, shaving the two loota squads to 10 lootas a piece, and then spending the remaining 155 points on something reliable, that can help you take out armor.

I'd consider a team of 20 shoota boyz, with 2 rokkits, nob and bosspole. A powerklaw would also be nice, but there simply isn't the points for it. Three individually fielded rokkit buggies would also work very well (1 in each unit, so that each unit shooting at them can only kill at most a single buggy).

Of course, if you want to simply mess with their minds, go ahead with the list as it is, only with full trukks and no rams. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well personally i think this list will cause very few headaches

firstly lootas while better than flash gits still arn't really all that

and ... meks with sags :z

lol seriously though you've split your army into 2 which is a big no-no in games under 1500 if your opponent has a brain sllightly larger than a pea he will concentrate his defense and utterly crush your trukk wave with his full force

unfortunately the planned cover with the lootas and sags will amount to very lil cuz again with small points means it's very easy to entrench ur entire army in cover thus making longrange fire negligable

lastly sorry to burst your bubble again but for an ork army it's very small my own ork army in 1k outnumbers this one by 2.5 to 1 and it's built around 2 units of bikes as it stands ur force is about what i would expect to see in marine numbers srry but it's the truth u need more bodies in there

hmmm to improve i would suggest droppin both meks and the looters and get 2 more truk squads and a warboss with nob ret and trukk much more hitty if u really want to stick with the mounted waaagh and though it may seem light on at and it is but in games of 1k it's a very rare sight to see a russ or raider and the standard ork even without powerclaw can smack around transport tanks ;Y

ps before i go it aint an ork vehicle if it isn't red :rofl
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

No offense

No offense to him, but don't listen to Plague_00.

It's not that what he's saying is a bad idea, but it isn't a change to the list, it's an entirely new list altogether. It's like posting a footslogging list, and then getting the reply that they should all be in trukks, or suggesting they replace every unit in the list with other ones.

As I mentioned, this is a fun list. More trukks and less Big Meks and Sags would probably be more competitive, but not all lists are meant to be competitive. As it stands, this is a fun list, and I don't know why he's yawning over the SAG.

The SAG is the second best anti-armor weapon in the ork army, and its range is incredible. The only thing better is the kustom mega blasta. Have you tried taking down a land raider/Necron Monolith with rokkits? It's not easy, and when the 5th edition rules come out later this year (assuming all the rumors are true, but it's very very likely), you won't be able to blow a vehicle up with a glancing hit at all, unless all its weapons are gone and its immobilized. For either of these models, that's about 6 glancing hits, and only if you roll a 5 or better every time for the glancing hit result. Statistically, you'd need 18 glancing hits to completely destroy them. The new rules are going to make the SAG, KMB and tank busta bombs a lot more useful, even in a competitive environment.

On the other hand, Plague_00 has a point. Those trukks are going to die very quickly unless they have some support vehicles, to either block line of sight, or simply distract your opponent until you get there. Again, I feel rokkit buggies are the best answer, but if you cut out a single Big Mek and reduce the Loota teams to 10 each, a fourth trukk would also work nicely.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread