2000 Competitive Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

2000 Competitive Eldar

Well, I've been away from the main forums for a while and I'd like to think I'm back. Year 12 at school has been kinda hectic.

Anyway, I'm taking my eldar in a new direction, away from the tanks. My current army is dependant on the terrain as to whether it lives or dies and doesn't put out enough damage for my liking.

HQ
    Eldrad Ulthran

Elites
    10 Harlequins /w 5 harlequins kiss
    -Shadowseer /w harlequins kiss

Troops
    10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch /w power weapon, shimmershield, bladestorm, defend

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch /w dual-shuriken catapults, bladestorm

10 Guardians /w scatter laser

Fast Attack
    2 Vypers /w pair of shuriken cannons

Heavy Support
    3 War Walkers /w pair of scatter lasers

Wraithlord /w bright lance, missile launcher

I have 32 points left to blow somewhere, probably on more guardians or a warlock. Or to upgrade the second avenger exarch.

I don't think I like the guardians in there, even though they up the body count considerably and give me scoring units. They'll probably get swapped out for a 3rd avenger squad and something else.

It's also very light on anti-tank with only the wraithlords. Maybe a unit of jetbikes /w a singing spear warlock? or dragons in a serpent if its possible the tank can survive.

PS: Apparently the name 'Beastwind' has connotations of bestiality and breaking wind so currently looking for a new name. Paint scheme is brown and bone so preferably fitting that.

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Looks pretty good except for the guardians and the load of points you spend on ulthran. i'd kick him for a farseer w/ spear, guide, doom, stones to support the avengers or harlequins. kick the guardians for another avenger squad exactly like the second squad. get rid of bladestorm on the first so the squad is a defensive unit while the other two bladestorm. use the pts left over for upgrading some of the vypers with EML's or lances. you could change the seer to spear, jetbike, mind war, eldritch storm to act as an assassin and tank hunter. hope that helps:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the army, but a few things I'm not so keen on are the guardians I think the points could be spent on some more dangerous units, such as howling banshees or some other aspect warriors and also I would spend some points on upgrading some of the war walkers and vypers weapons for some more deadly equipment such as starcannons, this would hopefully increase the damage it can inflict on an ememy army

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

hi

Eldrad Ulthran

As previously suggested drop him for a farsser with doom'/guide/sprirt stones, he's nice but expensive, make sure you put him with the bladestorming Dire avengers for re-roll to wound and hit

10 Harlequins /w 5 harlequins kiss
    -Shadowseer /w harlequins kiss

Both nice choices, harlies are well worked

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch /w power weapon, shimmershield, bladestorm, defend

10 Dire Avengers
    -Exarch /w dual-shuriken catapults, bladestorm

Drop defend to save points, if you have a range 18" almost nothing will be assaulting you before you get the chance to bladestorm, which won't leave much, hehe, place them together for mutual support.

Drop immeadiatly to get better AT on vypers/warwalkers, there pretty useless and in my opinion don't fit in any eldar list as eldar are supposed to be elite.

3 War Walkers /w pair of scatter lasers

As previously suggested drop the gaurdians to get better AT, warwalkers should be priority for same equipment as wraithlords, but vypers need some to, although there flimsy and will give VP's easily you need more AT and you've already got a lot of AI

I not a big fan of these but if you want them, i would drop the missile launchers and bright lance if you give the warwalkers/vypers AT weapons and go foward and surport the Dire avengers and faresser to negate wraithsite.

All in all you have a good list, a few weapon swaps, to get better AT options, and lose eldrad and guardians and you'll have a very good list, if you can post if you make any changes and I hope my suggestion helps,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Hi LL, I know you know what you are doing so two things make me scratch my head, I am sure you have a reason but the guardians and eldrad?
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread