1500pt Eldar List - League - Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Eldar List - League - Help

This is what I have so far for an Eldar Army List, It's for league; omega rules. Could someone please lend me some advice on where i should go from here?

HQ:
    FarSeer

-Spirit Stones
    -Runes of warding
    -Runes of witnessing
    -doom
    -guide
    Warlock x3
    -Enhance
    -Embolden
    -Conceal

Elite:
    Harlequins x 6 + Shadowseer = 7
    -5 harle kiss
    -2 fusion pistols
    -Troupe Master upgrade -> harlekiss
    -Shadowseer upgrade

Howling Banshee x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -warshout
    -acrobatic
    -mirrorswords

Troops:
    Dire Avengers x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -2x shuriken catapults
    -bladestorm

Rangers x5
    -Pathfinders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aliesterra View Post
    This is what I have so far for an Eldar Army List, It's for league; omega rules. Could someone please lend me some advice on where i should go from here?

HQ:
    FarSeer

-Spirit Stones
    -Runes of warding
    -Runes of witnessing
    -doom
    -guide
    Warlock x3
    -Enhance
    -Embolden
    -Conceal
    hi, ok yes, lets see: your farseer is over cooked, he has too many upgrades, thing with Eldar is it is all expensive, you need to buy enough to mak a unit effective without overspending if you can help it, and he is most definatley over spent, also what are the warlocks there for?

On the whole, what are you trying to do with the farseer, perhaps we can give you more specific advice than just "ditch your hq and rework"
    Elite:
    -5 harle kiss
    -2 fusion pistols
    -Shadowseer upgrade
    lose the fusion pistols, they need to FOF rather than shoot, the squad would be better at 10 strong with about 5 kisses and a shadow seer
    Howling Banshee x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -warshout
    -acrobatic
    -mirrorswords
    Executioner is a better exarch weapon, and on the whole, banshees realyl need transports, on foot they will get shot up badly, if you are not going to get a transport (which is understandable) then I would ditch the unit and take scorpions for a similar unit or consider spending the points elsewhere
    Troops:
    Dire Avengers x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -2x shuriken catapults
    -bladestorm

Rangers x5
    -Pathfinders
    fine, ok, you need some anti tank
    you need to consider wether to have large targets (vehicles, WL) or not really that is what will colour the rest
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, ok yes, lets see: your farseer is over cooked, he has too many upgrades, thing with Eldar is it is all expensive, you need to buy enough to mak a unit effective without overspending if you can help it, and he is most definatley over spent, also what are the warlocks there for?

On the whole, what are you trying to do with the farseer, perhaps we can give you more specific advice than just "ditch your hq and rework"
    I was taught using "guide, doom, warding, witnessing and singing spear." I liked how they worked out for me, i feel safe having rerolls because i feel like taking that extra chance to possibly do more damage is awesome, and also using the lower on psychic makes it seem safer too. the singing spear would be used for close enough tanks? isnt that what it is for?

Also, i was informed i should be using fortune?

I'm still learning how to use my army. my warlocks are there for bodyguards. I was told i could completely ditch them if i wanted. I suppose i could always just put 1 warlock with another unit for the seer power they have. maybe a wraithlord/guard (i get those confused)?

lose the fusion pistols, they need to FOF rather than shoot, the squad would be better at 10 strong with about 5 kisses and a shadow seer
    I'm taking out the fusion pistols. You're right, they're for closecombat, they do not need to shoot, not how i'm using them. Although, I only have 7 harliequins (5 normal, troupe leader and shadowseer) that's why my squad is only 7 ! I suppose i could substitute some in until i can get more.

Executioner is a better exarch weapon, and on the whole, banshees realyl need transports, on foot they will get shot up badly, if you are not going to get a transport (which is understandable) then I would ditch the unit and take scorpions for a similar unit or consider spending the points elsewhere
    I was told mirrorswords is better because it gives you 1 more attack, why do you think executioner is better?

I'll likely not put them in a tank, so maybe i should consider scorpions, are they just as good?

fine, ok, you need some anti tank
    you need to consider wether to have large targets (vehicles, WL) or not really that is what will colour the rest
    I have a silly question, how do you know when something is good against tanks? :/

I was thinking adding a wraithlord or something in there? with a warlock guide, what do you think?

Thank you Cheredanine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:
    FarSeer

-Spirit Stones
    -Runes of warding
    -Runes of witnessing
    -doom
    -guide
    Warlock x3
    -Enhance
    -Embolden
    -Conceal
    A solid council, perhaps a little small, especially without fortune. Conceal is completely wasted, since they already have a 4+ invulnerable save. Singing spears for everybody might be nice, since you have no other anti-tank.

Elite:
    -5 harle kiss
    -2 fusion pistols
    -Shadowseer upgrade
    OK, an odd number, which is sub-optimum IMHO. (Morale reasons)
    8 would be better, 10 if you can get the points. Drop the fusion, figure out some other anti-tank.

Howling Banshee x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -warshout
    -acrobatic
    -mirrorswords
    I prefer the executioner for the enhanced strength. With the first strike and all those power weapons, what Banshees really need is strength, not more attacks.

Troops:
    Dire Avengers x10
    -exarch upgrade
    -2x shuriken catapults
    -bladestorm
    I personally go for a powersword/shimmer shield - the invul save makes avengers much more survivable. And the bladestorm screams "close combat" - so a power weapon in there will be nice, trust me.

You could drop to 8 if you need points elsewhere.

Rangers x5
    -Pathfinders
    5 is decent, in this point level. Just don't be too aggressive on the infiltration.

If you take out the fusion pistols, your only anti tank is the haywire grenades and the singing spears/witchblades. You have no shooty anti-tank, which is a serious lack. I'd suggest putting in an AT Warwalker at the least - and get the points by dropping a few models of infantry (1xharlequin, 2xBanshee, 2xAvengers).

+ Reply to Thread