First attempt at an eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

First attempt at an eldar army

Ok, I'm trying to create a fluff safe Ulthwe army.

Farseer (spirit stones, Runes of warding, Doom, Fortune) 145 points.

2x10 guardians each with scattering laser cannon 190 points.

6 fire dragons (exarch with fire pike) 116

Falcon (star cannon, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo fields, spirit stones) 215

8 scorpions ( Exarch with Scorpion claw and shadow strike) 175

7 warp spiders (exarch double spinners, withdraw) 188

5 Dark reapers (Exarch, tempest launcher, Crack shot) 217

2 vibrocannon platforms 100 points
    1501 total

Now is the fact im 1 point over the 1500 point limit a bad thing, or will most people let it slide.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion I would allow you to be 1 point over the limit and most people that I play with would also let it slide.
    A few changes I would make would be swappig crack shot for fast shot on the dark reaper exarch, this my personal opinion I would not take the vibro cannons and I'd spend the points on insreasing the sizes of some of the aspect squads such as the warp spiders and striking scorpions.
    Other than that I like the army its very well rounded but could do with a bit more long ranged anti tank fire power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashulaman View Post

I like the farseer, but you don't really need the runes (save the points), I perfer guide then fortune, but I don't know what you plan to do with him.

I love the avatar, he's awsome.

I really don't like gaurdians, eldar are supposed to be elite and in my opinion guardians just don't cut it, swap them for dire avengers, with bladestorm. supper in conjuntion with guide/doom from farseer

Falcon (star cannon, shuriken cannon, vectored engines, holo fields, spirit stones) 215

These guys are fine, but a little overpointed and not likley to pay points back, lose the exarch to save points and possibly spirit stones as well

Like scorpians but howling bansees are probably better, but its your opinion.

I like warp spiders, and this is a well worked squad.

as Lskin says swap the crak shot for fast sho, but all in all a very good squad

1501 total

Not sure about these at all, only one I would consider is -cannons, I would swap for a better anti tank unit, such as a fire prism or a wave serpant for your elites.
    All in all though a decent army for your first list, I would change a few things round, a harlequin sqaud for be better then fire dragons, and rework the troops, consider DA, hope it helps, post any changes,

gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hashulaman View Post

ok fluffy for ulthwe, what are you intending to so with him/
    less fluffy for ulthwe, more consistent with USF, but ok
    add a warlock with conceal, fluffy and effective
    on foot they really dont have the range, are you putting them in the falcon? I dont consider this efficient, ulthwe in particular can more efficient AT using Vibro cannon. I would ditch, but that is me, I do recognose this is an old tactic,on the other hand if you are going to do it, so it right, ditch the exarch (which should solve your 1 point over problem)
    lose vectored engines
    larger squad would be better as would stalker
    th ability to DS is very useful, I quite like power blades too on the other hand, you can comfortably drop the odd squad member from here to pay for bits
    prefer fast shot
    1501 total
    good
    Now is the fact im 1 point over the 1500 point limit a bad thing, or will most people let it slide.
    most people wont quibble over 1 point
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swap the tempest launcher with an EML and take fast shot over crack. Either drop a spider or take another one, and put powerblades on your exarch or you'll never kill MEQs in close combat. Scorps can stay the same if you don't want to burn extra points since the Exarch is the one killing most of the time anyway. Drop the Dragon exarch and pike unless you're playing a model that comes like that. Lose vectoreds on Falcon and if you want to, swap out the starcannon for a scatter laser.

What are you going to do with your Farseer? What unit is he in? I don't see much need for doom so you could save yourself alot of points by dropping it and the spirit stones. I'm also assuming that you're casting fortune on the Avatar who is soloing.

Overall it's quite a good army though and props on using Spiders and the Avatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruma View Post
    Swap the tempest launcher with an EML and take fast shot over crack.
    Why would he do that, the tempest is vastly more efficient at killing marines and infantry, shooting tanks with the exarch is a waste of all the reaper shots
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread