1500pts hive fleet Daedras (competive/friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts hive fleet Daedras (competive/friendly)

I recently used a list very similar to this in a local tourney and it went exceptionlly well, winning the tourney however there wasn't a very vast range of armies mainly Marines, Chaos, Guard and Tau. Just though i'd post it up and see what you guys think of it and how it might be improved.

HQ- Hive tyrant 196Pts
    Wings, Warp field, 2 sets of Devourers, toxin sacs, enhanced senses

HQ- Broodlord and retinue
    Broodlord 93Pts
    Extended carapace, Toxin sacs, Flesh hooks
    Retinue 150pts (6 models)
    Scything talons, Extended carapace, flesh hooks

Elites- warriors (2) 178 pts (5 models)
    2 deathspitters, 2 devourers and 1 venom cannon all have scything talons, toxin sacs, Extended carapace, enhanced senses

Troops- Genestealers 160pts (8 models) x2
    Extended carapace

Troops- Termagaunts 162 pts (18 models)
    toxin sacs

Troops- deathgaunts 160pts (16 models)
    toxin sacs

Heavy support- Zonathrope 65pts
    synapse, warp blast, warp field

Heavy support- carnifex 173pts
    enhanced senses, venom cannon, barbed strangler, extended carapace

Total 1497pts

So that is my list, any critsicm and advice is welcome.

Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i'd drop the scything talons on the Broodlords Retinue.... that would free up the points and give you another genestealer.
    Or would allow you to twin link your warriors weapons (devourers and deathspitters) making them more effective.

My broodlords retinue only have flesh hooks and extended carapace and they still rip stuff to bits.

But the beauty of tyranids is you can do what you want, there is no "right" or "wrong" answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just my two cents.

For you HQ:
    I like your Dakka Flyrant, keep it. it will be useful for jumping around the board and picking off many troops.
    As for you broodlord... I Have one and use id every once and a while (when i make a genestealer army), but most of the time he ends up either not doing much because he's slow, or i screwed up with him and he managed to die. I would take him out and add Another tyrant, giving you a little more range and freeing up quite a bit of points.

Elites:
    Your warriors look good but it really all depends on what you intend to do with them. If you want to keep them at range then you should probably Twin Link the Devourers/deathspitters. if you plan on them heading into close combat you should Give them rending claws instead of the talons, it really makes a huge difference.

Troops:
    Your Genestealers are Perfect, leave them.

Both of Your Gaunt units are quite large, split them in half and give the opponent more units to worry about. also, Your Termagaunts have Toxin Sacs. I cant see anything wrong with this as i have never tried it, but I wouldn't spend the points on it Personally. (the deathgaunts are fine)

Heavy Support:

At least one more zoanthrope is needed in this list. I own ONLY 1 zoanthrope and in desperate need of another as one is not enough (I'm broke at the moment)

I like the Sniperfex, But if you are in need of points take the extended carapace off. otherwise leave it, some people might target it =P.
    Hive fleet Phantom- 6000 and growing still....
    W/L/D
    0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Personally, i dont like deathgaunts, to get them to str 3 it costs too much.

get rid of the scything talons on the broodlord retinue.

otherwise your list is fine other than some fast units would help (including hormies, gargoyles, and raveners. Flying warriors, flying rippers, scuttling genestealers, ect.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

+ Reply to Thread