1500pt Speed Freaks Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt Speed Freaks Tourney List

This is a revamped list from earlier lists that had suggestions made to them. I have a 1500pt tourney coming up and i'll be facing a necron player, 2 marines players, an eldar player and a chaos player to the best of my knowledge. I gave up some armour vehicles and anti armour weapons to keep this list within its theme of speed. I feel something is wrong with the list though, so if you have any suggestions, please, i'd love to hear them. Thanks. *Note* the size of the squad is the number by the unit name plus the unit leader. i figured it was easier to read that way.

Warboss - Power Klaw, Cybork Body, War Bike - 135pts

5 nobz - Big Choppa, 2 Power Klaws, Boss Pole, Waaagh! Banner, Cybork Bodies - 455pts
    painboy

Combined with the warboss, this squad is intended to be my beatstick squad. Used as a counter charge, this unit should be able to take down anything it needs to. I know the squad is a big point sink, but my normal ork army rarely looses this identical (minus the bikes) squad.

11 boyz - 152pts
    nob - Power Klaw, Boss Pole
    Trukk - Red Paint Job

11 boyz - 152pts
    Trukk - Red Paint Job

11 boyz - 152pts
    Trukk - Red Paint Job

11 boyz - 152pts
    Trukk - Red Paint Job

This is the bulk of my army, Played right, i hope to have these guys in CC by round 2.

Warbuggy - TL Rokkit Launcha - 35pts

Warbuggy - TL Rokkit Launcha- 35pts

This is my attempt to make up in lacking anti armour this army has without reducing everyone elses effectiveness in CC.

15 stormboyz - 232pts

This squad is meant to be tactical, meaning they help to get into combat quicker, and backup any of the boy squads that need it.

Biel Tan Eldar 3-0-8
    Vanilla Marines 17-1-2
    Alaitoc Eldar 15-2-4
    Goff Orks 21-1-2
    Nurgle Chaos work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Big Choppas out of the Nobz - the only things the +2 str will help you againsts you either shouldn't bring them into combat with (MC's) or the PK's will already have wrapped up. Other than that, looks like a solid list - some rokkits for the boyz would be nice if you can dredge up the points.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Sorta seconded

This is a nice list, although by my count the warboss should only be 130 points, and the nobz should only cost 425.

I agree with Courtsloth, the big choppas should go. The difference between 5 and 7 strength in close combat is very marginal, and often completely negligible. Denying your opponent their armor save is a lot more important. 2 powerklaws is a good number to have in the unit though, so I'd just have the other nobz use regular choppas.

I disagree with Courtsloth, however, on rokkits for the units of boyz. This list can definitely use more anti-armor, but the units in the trukks won't be able to use them, as they'll be in close combat or behind cover. Look at it this way: if you can shoot them with your rokkits, then they can shoot your trukk, and unless they have strength 3 weapons, that's going to be bad news for you. You need to keep the trukks hidden until the assault.

Instead, I'd try to find the points for another rokkit buggy, and/or perhaps a few big guns units w/kannons, fielded individually in units of 1 gun a piece. That way, your opponent will have to decide if it's worth shooting a 20 point unit with his long range guns. If he does, then you've wasted his shots. If he doesn't, the grotts can fire with impunity.

If you drop the big choppas and add on the painboy, the nobz unit should be 400 points, combined with the 5 points from the warboss gives you 60 points to play with. I'd use it on either a rokkit buggy + big gun, or 3 units of individually fielded big guns. This will really help against vehicles and most monstrous creatures.

In any case, good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 26th, 2008 at 17:18. Reason: Oh, I see
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread