1850 Zillas: Please Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Zillas: Please Help!

Hey everyone!

I am trying to bump my 1500pt Godzilla list up to an 1850, but can't decide how to field it.
    On a side note I got thrashed by a mass shooty SM list. He hugged the table edge and simply light me up. By turn 4 I was dead...have any of yawl faced this problem with zilla's and found a way to win? If so please share!

Onto the List!

The easy part:
    3x1 Dakka (2xTLDevourers) Fex
    6x6 GS: nothing
    3x1 Sniper Fex: ES, VC, BS

The hard Part is how to field my HQ's.

Here are some ideas I generated, but I do not know if they will work or if my HT's will survive to turn 3 let alone most of my zillas. Curse you SM’s!

Option 1
    2 walking Dakka HT's w/ 2 Guards each and give the Sniper Fexes RC.

Option 2
    2 walking VC and Dakka HT's w/ 2 Guards each.

Option 3
    Flying Dakka HT w/ ES, TS, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks = 200
    Walking VC and Dakka HT w/ 2 Guards and give the Sniper Fexes RC

I hear a Flying HT w/ Dakkas is devastating, but I am skeptical that it wont just get blown into two pieces on turn one or subsequent turns.

Strategy: Use GS's as a meat wall for turn one or two. Move zillas up and shoot away.

If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

First of all, post army lists in the army list section, I'll see if there's a mod around who can move it for you.

3x1 Dakka (2xTLDevourers) Fex
    6x6 GS: nothing
    3x1 Sniper Fex: ES, VC, BS
    Looks pretty solid, although I prefer to have EC on my stealers.

Out of your options, I think I like 1 and 3 best. Both things you say about the flying tyrant are true. It is amazing and it is a prime target. But think about it this way, it is going to get shot, it is going to take enemy fire away from other stuff and buy you more time to get your other dakka's in range. It may also deal some serious damage. The other thing about it is that since it flies, it can move behind jungles and other LOS blockers to lessen to shooting that it takes. I'm not very experienced with zilla lists since I've only proxied them a couple times, but I think option 3 is going to be the best.

You're strategy is a little odd though. You are refering to using the GS as meat shields? You know that people can ignore them to shoot at MCs and that there are much better meat shields anyway right? I'm not questioning you're choice of units, just what you say you are doing with them. Or are you just saying that you are using them to block people from charging your MCs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...I can not believe I posted this in the discussion area.

Quoted from Warrior47
    I'll see if there's a mod around who can move it for you.
    Thank you, moving on...

EC on GS's will eat up too many points and they are still very easy to kill.

I tried option 1 yesterday but was using a zilla choir. I was gunned down before I could do any real damage.

The strategy with the GS is to send them up forcing the opponent to choose which one to kill - GS or Zillas? GS of course are too dangerous to be left unattended so the opponent usually takes two turns to take them out leaving my zillas unharmed. If my opponent fires at the zillas then the GS tie up shooty squads while my remaining zillas walk into range. It doesn’t always happen that way but that’s the gist of the strategy.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The strategy with the GS is to send them up forcing the opponent to choose which one to kill - GS or Zillas? GS of course are too dangerous to be left unattended so the opponent usually takes two turns to take them out leaving my zillas unharmed. If my opponent fires at the zillas then the GS tie up shooty squads while my remaining zillas walk into range. It doesn’t always happen that way but that’s the gist of the strategy.
    Okay, I was just confused by what you meant

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

update:

HQ: 456
    1x Hive Tyrant: Enhanced Senses, Toxic Sacks, Venom Cannon, Twin-Linked Devourer w/ 2x Guards = 256

1x Hive Tyrant: Wings, Enhanced Senses, Toxic Sacks, Twin-Linked Devourer, Twin-Linked Devourer, Warp Field, Flesh Hooks = 200

Elite: 339
    1x Fex: Enhanced Senses, Twin-Linked Devourer, Twin-Linked Devourer = 113

Troops: 576
    1x6 Genesteallers: Nothing = 96

Heavy: 489
    1x Fex: Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Reinforced Chinton = 163
    1x Fex: Enhanced Senses, Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Reinforced Chinton = 163

Total = 1837
    I am trying to overwhelm my opponent with tough targets, but I am still frightened over that last battle I had. So many low AP shots and Assault Cannons!

Has anyone faced a list like that and walked away with a victory? Please share.

Is there anything else I can do to better my list?

+ Reply to Thread