1850 pts - Speed Freek - Very Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 pts - Speed Freek - Very Competitive

1850pts

HQ
    Mad Dok Grotsnik

Elite
    15 Kommandos w/ 2 burnas and Snikrot

8 Burna Boyz plus 3 mekboys w/ kustom mega-blasta

Troops
    11 Shoota boyz plus nob with pk and bosspole on truck
    11 Shoota boyz plus nob with pk and bosspole on truck
    11 Slugga boyz plus nob with pk and bosspole on truck

Fast
    19 Stormboyz plus 1 nob with pk and bosspole

3 Warbuggies with rokkits

2 skorchas

Heavy
    Looted wagon with big shoota

Kannon

Da plan: The Doc will lead the burna boyz on the looted wagon and the 5 buggies will screen as many transports as possible. I am assuming a buggy blocks LOS to a truck or looted wagon. The mega-blastas, kannon, and rokkits help with anti-armor. Please correct and criticize this army as appropriate.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is the worst army list every written.

You're a waste.

I think you're a horrible player and a horrible person.

I look forward to blowing your army up

BOOOOOOM

don't forget to proxy this army against Chris before you go spend $700 on models. 8X

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by sevenout View Post
    I think that is the worst army list every written.

You're a waste.

I think you're a horrible player and a horrible person.

I look forward to blowing your army up

BOOOOOOM

don't forget to proxy this army against Chris before you go spend $700 on models. 8X
    I hope this is a friend of yours messing around, because he's being a colossal dick. If he is friend, then he's still a dick, but in a more friendly way. ^_^

This list isn't bad, but you're overdoing some things, and not doing enough it other places.

First, I never field more than a single warbuggy in a unit. Even weapons as simple as big shootas and heavy bolters can erase them from the map. Keeping them to one buggy a unit gives your opponent some difficult choices, as they can either ignore them (which is dangerous), or waste a lot of shots trying to kill a 35-40 point unit.

Second, that stormboyz unit is a bit big. There's a lot of bad things that can wipe them out no matter how many there are, so I'd cut it down to 15 tops. In the same fashion, you can cut the kommandos down to 13 per unit. Keep Snikkrot though, as he's very effective. If you don't own the models, I suggest converting these guys out of regular boyz. A storm boy is a regular boy with a rokkit strapped to his back, and kommandos are normal boyz with a camo paint job, and possibly a backpack.

Third, that looted wagon needs to be a battlewagon. For a unit as expensive as the burnas + the Mad doc, you can't afford to leave them in a unit so vulnerable. You can turn the looted wagon into a battlewagon by adding parts, or if you haven't bought it yet, the cheapest battlewagon is the Leman Russ. If someone doesn't like this, tell them to shut up. It's a 14/12/10 tank being used as a 14/12/10 tank. Anyone who still doesn't like it is just a whiner, and there will be no pleasing them in any case. ^_^

Fourth, I'd cut a single slugga boy out of unit of trukk boyz. That way, if you're playing against an army where power weapons aren't useful, you can have the Mad Doc lead a unit of slugga boyz into close combat, and just use the burnas purely for mobile shooting.

Now, there are a few things about this list I really like, that I want to suggest not changing, in any case:

I really like the burnas/kmb unit with the Mad Doc option. Whatever you do, don't run them on foot, and keep their transport open topped. A unit very similar to this got me into the finals of a local tournament, and who knows, since the finals are being played this Saturday (it's spread over two days), they might just win me the whole thing.

I like the two trukks filled with shoota boyz, rather than slugga boyz. I wouldn't use more shootas than sluggas in trukks, but the option to ride up and shoot makes them a nice calvary unit of sorts. A unit like this helped me wipe out a chaos demon prince in a single turn last week, purely through shoota and big shoota shots.

Finally, I like the single kannon. A single kannon can really piss an opponent off, but even if he shoots it down, you've only lost 20 points and kept him from shooting something more vital. I'd keep it to 1 kannon per unit, to keep them cheap and expendable.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread