2000 pt Black Library themed army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt Black Library themed army list

Im going through a zomg Black Library phase and so here is my Army List for it
    depending on what u guys think this could be anything from a just for fun list to a competitave list.

HQ
    Eldrad Ulthran
    6 warlocks as a bodyguard
    mainly Destructer (think mass flamer destruction)

Elite
    Full Harlequin Troupe
    fully upgraded (thats troupe masters, shadowseers, death jesters, kisses and fusion pistols)

Full Harlequin Troupe
    fully upgraded

Troops
    Full Wraithguard squad
    lead be a warlock with conceal and spiritseer

10 Rangers
    upgraded to pathfinders

HS
    Wraithlord
    Brightlance and wraithsword

Warithlord

all up this comes to pretty close to 2000 points ive forgotten how much it is exactly
    i know i havent really thought this army through enough but i would like any and all advice/criticism

For more detail about the Black Library theme behind this go to http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rmy-fluff.html (Black Library themed army fluff)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitrus View Post
    Im going through a zomg Black Library phase and so here is my Army List for it
    depending on what u guys think this could be anything from a just for fun list to a competitave list.

HQ
    Eldrad Ulthran
    6 warlocks as a bodyguard
    mainly Destructer (think mass flamer destruction)
    not really that "black library" since eldrad is Ulthwe and the only real black library forces are harleys, would recomend looking up ulthwe strike force.

6 destructors is a waste, you will find by number 5 or 6 and sometimes 4 that you have no targets in flamer template range, look at embolden and enhance and also bare naked locks as abaltive aarmour
    Elite
    Full Harlequin Troupe
    fully upgraded (thats troupe masters, shadowseers, death jesters, kisses and fusion pistols)

Full Harlequin Troupe
    fully upgraded
    good god no, death jesters and fusion pistols are pointless, 10 kisses is a liability, you will end up killing all your opponents on the charge, his turn the nearest unit shoots you to shreds, you only want about 5 kisses
    Troops
    Full Wraithguard squad
    lead be a warlock with conceal and spiritseer

10 Rangers
    upgraded to pathfinders
    the pathfindes are not particularly efficient, I would cut the squad to 5 or 6 and look to spend the points on something more efective
    HS
    Wraithlord

Warithlord
    [/quote]
    the wraithsword is a waste, WL are not close combat slaughterers, the lack of attacks is a problem, hence would replace the sword with EML and use these for AT.

Wraith constructs aare the domain of craftworld eldar, again not particularly associated with the black library, although harleys historically had access to WL, but that was when they were eldar dreadnaughts
    all up this comes to pretty close to 2000 points ive forgotten how much it is exactly
    i know i havent really thought this army through enough but i would like any and all advice/criticism

For more detail about the Black Library theme behind this go to http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rmy-fluff.html (Black Library themed army fluff)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;o yeah i thought i would get a reaction somethin like that. thx for being honest.
    while tactically ur probably all right there but with the "not very black libraryish, i did back all that up in the link u included in ur last quote.

anyway il go through and redo the list considering ur advice while u read the fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

problem is black library force is harlequins, several people have put together lists based on harleys but using codex eldar rules, may be worth looking at them, alternatley do USF.

I put some comments in your fluff thread too.

Sorry if it seemed a little harsh, wasnt meant to be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah dude its cool... bring on the harshness. People tend to be honest with criticism so i know im gettin good advice when i get posts like urs... anyway il post up my revised army list in a couple of days when i have time to go over it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

ok well I did start to reply on your fluff, but I think I ditched it as it was quite critical, I gues the gist is:

the black library is not a collective mind, although it might take the form of a craftworld, it isnt one. Its occupants and defenders are harlequins (and something else vauguely described as more powerful) it doesnt have a standing army other than harleys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

But 6 pathefinders wouldn't be enough to do much damage. 10 is actually quite noticable if you want to do some real damage.

+ Reply to Thread