1500 point nid army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point nid army

HQ

Broodlord - toxin sacs, extended carapace.

Elite

Lictor
    Lictor
    Lictor

Troops

10 Genestealers - toxin sacs, extended carapace, scuttlers

6 ripper bases - leaping
    6 ripper bases - leaping
    5 ripper bases - leaping

Fast Attack

2 raveners - scything talons, rending claws, devourer

Heavy Support

2 Sniperfexs - 2 venom cannons, enhanced senses, extended carapace, reinforced chittin, bonded exoskeleton, regenerate.

as you can probably tell this is a very fluff based army, i went for the 'Surprise' Nids approach. as 9 of my models deepstrike (the lictors ad raveners) this list depends heavily on the fex's staying alive and the rippers getting to their lines soon as possible. the stealers will infiltrate the closest piece of terrain ready to assault the closet target and hopefully sweep right across the lines.

then i will deepstrike everything on the opposite flank of the genestealers and hope to get them in a pinser and allow them no retreat.

any comments, suggestions and critisism is very welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Hive Commander SteVieBizzLe

First I wanted to say that your list so fluffy and different from what people usually post that I don't know if any my advice will be correct. I'm actually curious to know how this list plays. Just looking at this list on paper, here are my concerns:

1) The Brood Lord requires a retinue of Genestealers. If you don't have any additional models, just move those 10 stealers and remove scultting. You can either get one more stealer or more rippers

2) Your Syanpse is considerably low, although the amount of Leadership 10/fearless models is solid. Just know that even your Carnifexes and Raveners must take Syanpse checks at the beginning of the Tyranid phase.

3) I assume that each of your Sniperfexes has 2 Venom Cannons. First the Sniperfex designation is typical for a Carnifex that has 1 Venom Cannon and 1 Barbed Strangler. You also can't arm a Carnifex with 2 Venom Cannons, the weapon just becomes twin-linked instead. So you called it a Sniperfex, but have a Twin Linked Venom Cannon on each of them. I just wanted to know how you fielded the unit. With all the defensive upgardes you've given them, however, these units are tough units, so they might do ok?

4) Understand that the devourer on the Ravener won't be as effective, even when deepstrking; its BS is really poor and the weapon is not twin linked...although you get a good amount of shots.

5) If you're going to field those ripper swarms, you might as well try to maximize your FOC, to make it more tricker for your opponent when it comes to shooting you. I think you can field them in groups of 3.

6) You have a lot of units that are not considered scoring units (Brood Lord, Rippers, Lictors). 4 of the 5 standard missions usually involve having scoring units. So although the list looks fluffy, just know that from a game play standpoint, you might have a tough time. I am interested to see how this list plays, so if you own all these models, I'd like to know more about how you fare in any games.
    Rudy Wilfred Picardo
    Tyranid Player
    Current Record (W/L/D) 143/112/60
    Recent Battle - 1500 pt draw vs. IG player (mission: Seek And Destroy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Exactly what rudy said. You cant rely on your Carnifexes and Raveners to capture the objectives. Your list should, wait not should, WILL be hard to play with, and i wouldnt really play it unless i was in a REALLY happy mood.

And your Leech-master needs a retinue.
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As previously stated, a Retinue is almost necessary for that Broodlord.

The Lictor's work from a fluff perspective, but the rippers really don't. Ussualy Rippers follow behind the main force and devour all that remains from previous battles. Not only that but from my experience more than two ripper swarms can be a waste so i'd drop the swarm of 5 bases.

Also, Barbed Strangler/Venom Cannon is much more viable than Twin-Linked Venom Cannon (As stated by Rudy, placing two only makes it Twin-Linked)

The only problem i see in your list is that it lacks the body count to be an intimidating list. Your body count was about 40, which is less than average considering my 1200 point Nid's have a body count of 60. Some gaunts/Hormagaunts would fit in with the fluff perspective, as Lictors leave a Pheremone trail for broods of Gaunts to follow. It would also increase the size of your force and provide a screen for your genestealers.

Again, this is all just my opinoin. I think its a good idea for a list, but i don't know if it will be very viable in its current state.

+ Reply to Thread