Kroot Tactic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What tactic do you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st turn assault

3 37.50%
  • Normal deployement

1 12.50%
  • Combination both

4 50.00%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kroot Tactic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot Tactic

SO i noticed alot of people like to do the whole 1st turn assault tactic. Im thinking about getting into Kroots but the whole 1st turn assault sounds unappatising. I wont be able to infiltrate every game, plus why would i want to first turn assault armys such at Khorne or Orks? i perosnally see the Kroots as flexable shooty, and assault troops. So what do you all prefer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some people here who have made kroot into a more competitive army by toning down the FTA; however, I cannot give that much advice on what to field or how to. I personally play FTA because it is such a wonderful gimmick, plus, I do not plan to win many games with them but to have a fun time.
    If you rep me please leave your name or PM me so I can thank you, or even pass on the favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You Sir are a man after my own Krooty heart.

Yes Kroot are more of a flexable shooty army. They also do assault well when they need to. The first turn assault isent really something that should be used like a sledge hammer. You need to use a Scalple style. Ive taken my Kroot to 4 tournaments so far (1500 and 1200 pts) and have won over half my games every time

Small Tracker units with Evicerators and Winged melta gun toating Shaper councils are the death of those tanks that you REALLY REALLY need dead at the start of the game. But if you cant get infiltrate or the first turn then you will need backups and Stratergy

Keep your army close together. If you break em up too much then your opponent will thin you out and pick you off. Small raiding parties (trackers and such) work well on flanks in order to slow them down.

Cover is your friend! With cover your stay allive longer and can reposition with enough troops to do the job they are given!

Forgeworld compleat the army. IMO Kroot Mercs really suffer without at least one great Knarloc with a Twin linked Kroot gun mounted on it. Its the best way to take Kroot guns in the army and is 160 points cheaper than the minimum cost of a Kroot Ox squad. No army should be without one (converted or otherwise). The Rules for the Knarloc Pack in the apocalyps rule book are the most recent rules for them, imperial armour apocalypse also gives them a Force org chart for standard games [Heavy support]

I rarely will assault other assault armies. I set up in cover with my hounds behind the carnivores hitting them with Rifle and sniper fire as they draw close. Let them hit the carnivores and then counter charge with the Hounds. I very rarely fails and once you have delt with the assault units then you move up and start taking on the rest of their force. However you should always have some hurrasment units to sneak down the lines and into their fire suport should they have any

Any other questions feel free to ask
    Ah yes. You gotta love it!

+ Reply to Thread