First list...How best could I bump this up to 2000 points? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First list...How best could I bump this up to 2000 points?

Hey, this is my very first attempt at a kroot army list, just fancied a go at planning a decent list for them before I toddled off to a store.

Signature Evolutionary Adaptation: Chameleon
    I figured for a point a model, a practically invulnerable save was a pretty good deal

Master Shaper
    - Power Weapon
    - Bolt Pistol
    - Surefoot Charm
    - Hyperactive Nymune Organ Adaptation
    - Cameleon
    - 2x Kroot Hounds

3 x Shaper Council
    3 x Hyperactive Nymune Organ Adaptation
    3x Cameleon

Shaper 1
    - Surefoot Charm
    - Eviscerator
    Shaper 2
    - Surefoot Charm
    - Power Weapon
    - Bolt Pistol
    - Melta Bombs
    Shaper 3
    - Surefoot Charm
    - Blood of the Stalker
    - Melta Bombs

The Council and Master Shaper are all designed to be able to close range tank hunt, along with supporting combats against highly armoured enemies.

6 x 20 Stalker Kindred
    - Cameleon
    6 x Shapers
    - 6 x Surefoot Charms
    - 6 x Power Weapons
    - 6 x Bolt Pistols

Infiltrate, fleet, charge, kill!!! That's their tactic! If no infiltrate is allowed...then a slightly longer run up will be required I guess

10 x Vulture Kindred
    - Cameleon
    Shaper
    - Melta Bombs

Fly around attacking tanks with their melta bombs and be generally annoying...

So far I've got 1814 Points

What could, or should, I get to bump it up to 2000?

Help, hints and general C&C is not only welcome, but wanted!

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright first off your list is a bit confusing, you show that you have 6 stalker squads, but these are elite choices so you are only allowed three.

also you have no troop choices in your army list, which would make it illegal. Maybe you confused the stalker squad with the carnivore squad?

First off lets start with your Signature Evolutionary Adaptation if this is part of some fluff you created for your army then more power to you, but it is general consensus by most(3 or 4 of us online who post in kroot forums) that chameleon is pretty useless.

You already have fieldcraft which gives you a good save in cover so unless you plan to spend a lot of time outside of cover then this really isn't a usefall adaptation to take. If your going to take a adaptation your best options are ork hybrid or fast reflexes.

Assuming that those are carnivore squads you say that you want first turn charge you will want to pick blood of the stalker for each squad. Also you may want to think about upgrading the shapers to eviscerators. against most MEQ armies your going to be swinging last so you might as well have something for that hits harder and can be used against tanks.

also if you want fleet of foot you need to pick up the hyper nymune organ upgrade which you can't have in stalker squads anyways.

Think about picking up the kroothawk totem for the master shaper, if you want a first turn assualt army this upgrade is a must.

i have never been a fan of shaper council, just too many points for just a few models and probably not a great idea to give them eviscerators since its a small squad.

One of the best units kroot has are kroot hound squads, which allow you to take a very large squad for relatively cheap that can also get off the possible first turn charge.

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou

Indeed it does :-)

Yeah, I typed stalker - but meant bog standard troop

Hmm, hounds...

I'll be looking in to this - thankyou.

Chameleon...looked ok on paper...but i'll look at the other ones in more detail.

Cheers again :happy:
    Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

+ Reply to Thread