500pt KoS Ork - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500pt KoS Ork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pt KoS Ork

Considering I have not used the new codex yet, please correct me on my mistakes or errors

HQ
    Warboss
    -Powerklaw
    -Eavy Armor
    -Cyborg body
    -Dedicated Transport: Trukk
    -Red Paint For Trukk
    (Troop)11 Boyz
    -Rokkit
    -To be in same Trukk as Warboss
    222pts

Troops
    12 Boyz and Nob with powerklaw
    -Trukk with Red Paint
    =147

12 Boyz
    -Rokkit
    -Trukk
    =122

Total=491

I'm also considering replacing 12 boyz and the Trukk for 4 Warbikes.

What? You didn't say anything about circular saws.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

A rule problem

Quote Originally Posted by ork_em_dork View Post
    Considering I have not used the new codex yet, please correct me on my mistakes or errors

HQ
    Warboss
    -Powerklaw
    -Eavy Armor
    -Cyborg body
    -Dedicated Transport: Trukk
    -Red Paint For Trukk
    (Troop)11 Boyz
    -Rokkit
    -To be in same Trukk as Warboss
    222pts

Troops
    12 Boyz and Nob with powerklaw
    -Trukk with Red Paint
    =147

12 Boyz
    -Rokkit
    -Trukk
    =122

Total=491

I'm also considering replacing 12 boyz and the Trukk for 4 Warbikes.
    Warbosses no longer have retinues, or dedicated transports. Nobz can have dedicated transports, but not warbosses on their own. The only problem this causes is the fact the warboss can't start in the trukk, so that group of boyz are going to need to start the game outside the trukk, so the warboss can be attached, and then they can enter the trukk the first turn.

I know this may sound complicated, but the heart of the problem is the fact that the troops, with the trukk, come out before the warboss. The trukk comes out, and if you start the boyz in the trukk, then the warboss can't enter the trukk because there's already a unit inside it (two units can't be in the same vehicle at once), and he can't attach to the unit of boyz because they're in the trukk. Catch 22. ^_^

The solution is that the boyz have to be fielded outside their trukk, but next to it (safely behind cover or they'll be in trouble), and the warboss can be placed next to them, start attached to them, and then all enter the trukk first turn.

I'd also drop the red paint off of at least one of the trukks, combine these points with the leftover points, and buy your units with nobz bosspoles. They make a significant difference in close combat, especially in smaller groups of trukk boyz, where they aren't fearless for long. The red paint doesn't make that much of a difference.

This aside, the list looks nice, but there is a two-sided problem. I usually don't use rokkits in trukks, as the trukk should always hide behind cover when it can, rather than stay out in the open and shoot. The problem is, without the rokkits, there's virtually no anti-armor in the list.

There are three good options that I can see:

1. Play the list as is, but consider using shoota boyz in the trukk without a nob. That way, they can act as a source of support fire.

2. Drop the third trukk, and play a unit of 20 shoota boyz, with 2 rokkits. This will be more effective at shooting than the rokkits in the trukks.

3. Use the warbikes, and supercharge them around, so they can shoot the side or back armor of your opponent's vehicles. However, I wouldn't use less than 5, or else they'll have to make a save after the first casualty. They'd do a lot better with a nob with a bosspole, but that might not be possible in this small a list. I'd still try to squeeze in 5 though, if you can.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. I'm some games this weekend with some friends so I'll be sure to play test with the bosspoles and the 20 ork shootas.
    What? You didn't say anything about circular saws.

+ Reply to Thread