1500pt comp list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt comp list

Hey everyone, I've played crons before but then moved over to Tau for a bit and I'm thinking of moving back to crons and get in some tourneys.

The list I came up with I think is fast and shooty, with a fairly large phase-out number.

HQ
    -Lord w/ res orb, phylactery and destroyer body

Troops
    -15 Warriors
    -14 Warriors

Fast Attack
    -3 Wraiths
    -3 Destroyers
    -3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
    -2 Heavy Destroyers
    -Monolith

Total 1495pts

I'm not sure if I can put the points costs of individual units because crons don't usually take upgrades.

So, the phase-out number 10, so the opponent has to kill 31 before I phase out. I figured this would be good because of all the strength 6 shots. The Monolith will be mainly used to shoot units that attempt to get close to the warriors, and possibly teleport out of combat (I think warriors are shooters, not really CC because of the I2).

So, any tips for this list? Remember I haven't used crons for about 2 years now, so I may be a bit rusty on making a list for them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi there, very nice list, I'm no vetran on 'crons but my bro collects them so I know a fair amount 'bout them. I've got a few things to suggest though,

Lord w/ res orb, phylactery and destroyer body
    Nice, mabye drop phylactery, but apart from that good,

-15 Warriors
    -14 Warriors

I'd from the dropping of phylactery get another warrior and split them up into three squads of 10

-3 Wraiths
    -3 Destroyers
    -3 Destroyers

Nice, not a big fan of wraiths but love destroyers

-2 Heavy Destroyers
    -Monolith

I'd definatly drop the HD's and get something else, since theres only two once there dead they'll be no more WBB rolls, 'crons don't struggle with At at all anyway. With the spare points some flayed ones would improve the list and give the opponent something to worry about from turn 1. Alternitivley some support for the warriors in the shape of some immortals or a second res.orb lord, hopw this was of use,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tips

Instead of wraiths what do you suggest? I've never used them before, and I'm pretty much buying everything from scratch except for the warriors, lord, 1 destroyer, and the monolith, so it doesn't really matter to me what I take instead.

So, I've just quickly moved points around and here's a new list:

HQ
    -Lord w/ Res Orb and Destroyer Body

Troops
    -10 Warriors
    -10 Warriors
    -10 Warriors

Fast Attack
    -3 Destroyers
    -3 Destroyers
    -3 Destroyers

Heavy Support
    -Tomb Spyder
    -Monolith

Total: 1450pts

This list leaves me with 50pts that I can play around with. I was thinking I should maybe make 2 units of 4 destroyers, and then put in a unit of 5 Flayed Ones. This would put me at 1490pts

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Destroyer Lord and no Wraiths OR Scarabs? If youre taking a DLord, get in atleast a unit of each. If you want to stick with the Shooty Destroyers then put the Lord on foot, drop 10 Warriors and get some Immortals in. Not such a big Spyder fan... he can go, unless you stick with combat and then have some Flayed ones in there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Updated list after talking to some people:

HQ
    -Lord w/ Res Orb, Nightmare Shroud, Gaze of Flame, and Warscythe
    *Basically this unit will be with the Pariahs, and use the nightmare shroud to make units take leadership tests at Ld 7. The Res Orb and Gaze of Flame are for protection from assaults, and I.D. attacks like Power Fists.*

Elites
    -6 Pariahs

Troops
    -11 Warriors
    -11 Warriors
    -10 Warriors

Fast Attack
    -3 Wraiths
    -4 Destroyers
    -4 Destroyers

My plan is to keep the Pariahs behind cover to protect them and to take out hard hitting units such as TEQ, while being able to shoot 24". They will be backed up by 1 unit of Destroyers, so that the enemy has to decide whether to attack the bulk of my army, or attack the Pariahs and expose himself to either a) A Pariah charge or a volley from the Destroyers.

The Warriors will be spread out evenly and engage transports, then mass infantry (if any are present), then MEQ.

The Wraiths will do the usual, fly through all terrain and engage enemy units.

The enemy must kill 33 Necrons before I phase out, so that's a fairly large number in my opinion.

Another option I could do is take out the unit of 10 Warriors and put in 6 Immortals or 10 Flayed Ones.
    Last edited by DigitalSniper45; April 1st, 2008 at 05:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a bit weird

HQ
    -Lord w/ Res Orb, Nightmare Shroud, Gaze of Flame, and Warscythe
    NIghtmare shroud and gaze of flame rely on combat and he doesnt want to be going their with ws 4 and only three attacks. warsythe is not as good as the warythe in most cases. getting rid of those wouldget you around 40-50 pts

Elites
    -6 Pariahs

I Have to say im not a fan of pariahs unless against eldar. they die quickly and never get into combat

Troops
    -11 Warriors
    -11 Warriors
    -10 Warriors
    Good solid warriors choice depends what ur facing but maybe lose a squad

Fast Attack
    -3 Wraiths
    -4 Destroyers
    -4 Destroyers
    If you do et rid of the pariahs the wraihs would have no meaning really they need a destroyer lord with res orb with thwm. tbh id drop them
    The destroyers are good

Your army is too much a mix of shooty and combat. either you go with wraiths flyaed ones scarabs (not pariahs!) or immortals destroyers and warriors im slightly biast as i pplay a shooty army

Happy gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi i think you should go back to the seconnd list with the flayed ones in for 1490. From there drop the Dlord for a normal one to support the warriors, drop the tomb spider and with the points get some scarbs to tie up the enemy early or expand on the flayed ones, something like this:

Lord resorb

8 flayed ones

30 warriors

3 scarbs

8 destoyers

1 monilith

Total: 1498 (I think I doing it from memory)
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

+ Reply to Thread