1000 pointer... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 pointer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pointer...

1 - Avatar
    2 - Eldrad Ulthran
    3 - 10 Dire Avengers 9 + 1 Ex w/ Shimmer + Power Weapon and Defend
    4 - 10 Pathfinders
    5 - 3 War Walkers. 1 w/ 2 Scatter 2 w/ 2 Bright Lance. 2 w/ Spirit Stones.
    total pt cost - 997.

ive played this once, and on turn six, had twice the amount of points left as the other player, who was using Tau. it was actually my third game ever, as i just started playing. i now have 3 games under my belt. 1 tie, and 2 wins. this list is going to be my basis for a 1500 pt army as well. i think that i will add in Reapers and Harlequins. so, if anyone has any suggestions, i would appreciate them very much! i have just about 2300 points worth of Eldar, so i might have what i need. however, i do need to focus on the different aspects, as i only have 1 option from them. i am therefor looking at several of the direct order options that GW has to offer. court of the young king looks very promising!

thanks for the input!

Trav

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by travasty420 View Post
    1 - Avatar
    2 - Eldrad Ulthran
    3 - 10 Dire Avengers 9 + 1 Ex w/ Shimmer + Power Weapon and Defend
    4 - 10 Pathfinders
    5 - 3 War Walkers. 1 w/ 2 Scatter 2 w/ 2 Bright Lance. 2 w/ Spirit Stones.
    total pt cost - 997.

Trav
    I've got a few suggestions for the list, hoe there of use,
    1. I like the avatar and think he'll be useful in small games, keep him although many people don't like hime very much,
    2. I'd drop eldrad ulthan cuase he's to expensive, I normal farsseer with guide and doom, coupled with the DA's will sufice
    3. Again I'd drop the pathfinders, they'll definaltey struggle to make there points up except aginst tyrinids or mabye thing with low armour saves. There eating up a 1/4 of your points, instead another DA squad will be more useful
    4. Make sure you give your DA's bladestrom, its essential IMO
    5. I like the warwalkers, I assume one will be separte and go on a flank or somthing, I'd possibly with the saved points try and squeze another in, as 12 shots will be far more effective, The farsser could also go with these for good effect.
    Overall drop eldrad for a cheaper farsser and drop the pathfinders for another DA squad, if you haven't got another then get one. DA's are awsome!!!! MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THEM BLADESTORM though as they need it to get miles more shots, with guide or doom they re-roll to hit and to wound! Hope it helped,

Gilli
    Armies: Space Marines: 3500pts
    Space Wolves: 2000pts (in Progress)
    Click here to join Travian: http://www.travian.co.uk/?uc=uk5_662

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrm...

good thoughts. thank you for the input! i will definitely look through what i have, and come up with another list, that is less point heavy on certain things. what would u think about a squad of reapers instead of the pathfinders? i also love your thoughts on adding another WW in, instead of the point hungry Ulthran. the only thing about that is, i like a lot of what ulthran can do. the reposition army, divination skill, is a beast. it allows you to counter things like deep strike [i think] and scout [i know, as i have done this VERY effectively]. also, being able to use 3 powers a turn, is MEGA handy. but, with only 1000 points, he does take up quite a bit. all in all my HQ takes up a third of my army. however, with 1500 points, i think that this list really will come into its own. i think that i will throw one together, post it, and see what you all think. so, i will re-edit this one, and also make a 1500. all with models that i CURRENTLY have. im pretty broke right now, so i need to focus on what i have, not what i want. thanks again!

trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

good thoughts. thank you for the input! i will definitely look through what i have, and come up with another list, that is less point heavy on certain things. what would u think about a squad of reapers instead of the pathfinders? i also love your thoughts on adding another WW in, instead of the point hungry Ulthran. the only thing about that is, i like a lot of what ulthran can do. the reposition army, divination skill, is a beast. it allows you to counter things like deep strike [i think] and scout [i know, as i have done this VERY effectively]. also, being able to use 3 powers a turn, is MEGA handy. but, with only 1000 points, he does take up quite a bit. all in all my HQ takes up a third of my army. however, with 1500 points, i think that this list really will come into its own. i think that i will throw one together, post it, and see what you all think. so, i will re-edit this one, and also make a 1500. all with models that i CURRENTLY have. im pretty broke right now, so i need to focus on what i have, not what i want. thanks again!

trav
    Glad to help, I think Eldrad could be used in the 1500pts list but I'd steer away in this one, I not the biggest fan of his but, he ho, you can't replace the pathfinders whith reapers cause you need two troops choices, and I think reapers are a little expensive at 1000pts, I'd go for 5 with tempest launcher/fast shot exarch in the 1500 list though, I also think you need to get some harles and some transports,

Gilli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do have 5 harlies + troupe leader + death jester + shadow seer all at my disposal. i have 2 serpents as well. so i will be trying to incorporate these into the 1500 pointer. i have a total of 20 DAs right now. i think that i will be looking to add more in the future, but i need to focus on the here and the now. i will post list later today. would appreciate your input again!

thanks,
    trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres the updated lists...

ok. so i went ahead and did a 1000, a 1500 and a 2000. all based on the same list. i think that what i have ended up with is pretty amazing. keep in mind, it is all stuff that i CURRENTLY have. i want to get aspect warriors, believe me, i want to, i just don't have the money right now. as soon as i do, i will be getting a lot MORE stuff. ie. 10 wraithguards, 10 of each aspect, at LEAST 3 more war walkers, and at least 2 more wraithlords. i am going to round it out by getting the phoenix lord for each aspect. i already have 2, so its a start. as well as that, i will be looking to purchase a full set of jetbikes, shining stars, vypers as well as 2-4 prism tanks, and 2-3 falcons. i should probably purchase 1-2 more serpents as well. ok, onto the list.

first off, HQ

1 - Farseer w/ spirit stones, Doom and Guide. + 120 pts.
    1 - Avatar + 155 pts.

Total HQ - 275
    Troops

10 - Dire Avengers - 9 +1 Ex. w/ 2 Shur Cats and Bladestorm + 152 pts
    1 - Wave Serpent w/ 2 EML + 120 pts
    10 - Dire Avengers - 9 + 1 Ex. w/ 2 Shur Cats and Bladestorm + 152 pts
    1 - Wave Serpent w/ 2 EML + 120 pts

Total Troops - 544

Heavy Support

3 - War Walkers w/ 2 scatter lasers each, no twin-linked. + 180 pts.

Total - 999 pts.

ok, thats the 1000 pointer. onto the 1500 pointer.

im gonna add

HS
    5 Dark Reapers - 4 + 1 Ex. w/ tempest launcher and fast shot + 227 pts.

Troops

9 - Pathfinders + 216 pts.

subtract 1 unit of Dire Avengers. -152 pts

Elites

5 - Harlie's w/ 5 kisses, 1 w/ fusion pistol. 1 Troupe Master and 1 Shadowseer + 206 pts.

for a total of 1496 pts.

alright one more to go!!

heres the grand daddy 2000 pointer!!!

take the farseer away, and add it Eldrad Ulthran + 90 pts.

add back in the unit of Dire Avengers + 152 pts.

Add the last Pathfinder + 24 pts.

Add one Wraithlord w/ flamer, Bright Lance, 2 Scatter Lasers and Wraithsword. yeah, i kitted him out like mad, but he is a point hog at 180 pts.

add 1 more fusion pistol to the Harlie's. + 10 pts.

change 1 war walker from 2 scatter to 2 bright lance + 30 pts.

add spirit stones to all 3 war walkers + 15 pts.

total - 1997 pts.

Well, there she is, the new and improved list. take a look and tell me what you all think. i put a lot of thought into this list, and i think that it will be really killer, no matter if i play 1000, 1500 or 2000. however, i am quite unexperienced in Warhammer in general, so any feedback would be appreciated!! thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post, and thanks ahead of time for your input!!

Trav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Hi

I like the first list a lot and utilises a much loved combo (Well, I love it) but in that speedy army the avatar has no place, what I'd suggest is to drop him and have SC's on the wave serpants and get 3 cheap vypers with SC's, this will dramactically increase your AI and give you a good chance of busting the many low-armour value tanks your likley to face in this points level. Instead consider some WW's with same config or perhaps starcannons.

With the 2nd list I'd not have so many DR's as I said in an earlier post as at 1000 points there taking up to many points, perhaps lose 1 and the exarch. I'd also put back in the DA's as your can't have the wave serpant then unless you plan to transport the pathfinders, which you should also lose, with the saved points I'd go down the same route as before and put in some vypers or WW's with SC's

I'll edit in the comments in the 3rd list tognight

Here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add one Wraithlord w/ flamer, Bright Lance, 2 Scatter Lasers and Wraithsword. yeah, i kitted him out like mad, but he is a point hog at 180 pts.
    The Wraithlord can only take two wrist weapons and two heavy weapons. The Wraithsword counts as a heavy weapon. Your's has 4 heavy weapons! EML/BL is typical, especially as it complements your WW's well.

D'oh!
    Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i didnt know that actually. i was just building him, and he turned out sweet! but, alas, it is not to be. on a brighter note, i did get a crapload of stuff yesterday to add to my army. i purchased 3 more phoenix lords, now the only one missing is jain zar. 3 sets of warp spiders, so i have 15 now, 3 falcons, 2 vypers, 9 jet bikes and one exarch on jetbike, 2 wraithlords, 5 wraithguards, and 2 warlocks. yeah....i spent a bunch of money yesterday, and it was fun!!! hehe. anyways, this is going to add a whole new element to my army, quickness. before, i was stuck to the 6" rule. now, its going to be a whole other ballgame. so, i need to get some input from you guys. you have seen basically all that i have. can u come up with some suggestions for a 1000/1500/2000 pt list? i will be getting 10 each of all the aspect warriors soon. i want to have, MINIMUM, 1 squad of each type of eldar. that way i have a LOT of flexibility. which i see as being CRUCIAL to a eldar player. the ability to adapt your list to your opponent is necessary because of the complete specialization. so, yeah, guys, do it up! whats the best list we can come up with for decimating my enemies?!?! thanks for the input so far! it is much appreciated! im hoping to pick your brains a little more!!

thanks!
    Trav

+ Reply to Thread