Back... and faster - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Back... and faster

Well, i decided, after the way Chaos is going, i want a list with speed. So, heres what i got

HQ
    Farseer
    Doom

Elites
    10 Howling Banshees
    Exarch
    Executioner
    Wave Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    Bright Lances
    Vectored Engines

Troops
    10 Dire Avangers
    Exarch
    Twin Catapults
    Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    Bright Lances

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    2 Shuriken Cannons

Vyper
    2 Shuriken Cannons

Heavy Support
    Falcon
    Scatter Laser
    Spirit Stones
    Holo Fields

Now this is me at 1024 points, i need another troops choice. Im undecided on what to take however...

I want another combat unit, im actually thinking of Scorpions. Thoughts anyone?

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Really cant fault what you have already.

How about resolving your assault and troop squad in one go? storm guardians

(dont like Scorps in this role, lacking FOF people have the chance to evade them as they come out the serpents)

Would have thought you can squeeze a storm guardian squad with 2 flamers and a lock in a serpent and possibly another falcon in there
    Last edited by Cheredanine; April 4th, 2008 at 14:24.
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Really cant fault what you have already.

How about resolving your assault and troop squad in one go? storm guardians

(dont like Scorps in this role, lacking FOF people have the chance to evade them as they come out the serpents)

Would have thought you can squeeze a storm guardian squad with 2 flamers and a lock in a serpent and possibly another falcon in there
    Ah cheradanine, the man with the plan!

Now question #1, where can i put my farseer? maybe a slogging squad of guardians?

Ok then lets see what i can do:

11 Storm Guardians
    2 Fusion Guns
    Warlock
    Enhance
    Wave Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    Bright Lance

Im not really for a second Falcon, not my style

Now.... what else could i fit in? I want another Assaulty squad but i dunno whe-

*lightbulb*

Harlequins maybe?
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Archnomad View Post
    Ah cheradanine, the man with the plan!

Now question #1, where can i put my farseer? maybe a slogging squad of guardians?

Ok then lets see what i can do:

11 Storm Guardians
    2 Fusion Guns
    Warlock
    Enhance
    Wave Serpent
    Spirit Stones
    Bright Lance
    hmm, prefer flamers in there, the serpent and the lock can both take tanks, (in fact would probably go for shuriken or star cannons on the serpent to thin out infantry) and the serpent needs vectored engines, but the advantages with stormies is people dont consider them much of a threat, however with a warlock with embolden they hit harder than marines, or can be used on a drive by, 2 flamers and 18 pistol shots.

think I would stay away from foot sloggers, they really dont fit with the army theme.

Farseer is at his best dooming targets for the banshee charge, may be wise to give him a bike so he can do this
    Im not really for a second Falcon, not my style

Now.... what else could i fit in? I want another Assaulty squad but i dunno whe-

*lightbulb*

Harlequins maybe?
    again foot harleys wouldnt fit, you could go for a 6 strong squad (well 5 and a shadow seer) in the falcon, but would consider spiders instead

Shining spears and an Autarch would also fit quite well with the army, but they do need a suitable target
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, what point level are you angling for? I'll assume 1500.

In games that are determined by points killed, transports are separate from the squad for victory purposes (and cannot claim objectives). So, the howling banshees 182, and the wave serpent 165 (total 347). The Avengers are 152, plus the 165 transport (total 307). Your totals are wrong, anyway, so far, you are at 1009.

EML for the wave serpent gives them better anti-infantry for those occasions that you face a no-tank list; the only thing you lose is penetration above armor 12; and how many tanks have 13+ side armor? Saving those points twice is very useful, no?

You need a second troop to be a valid list. Drop one Vyper (and go to EML) and you can put in a minimal squad of guardians, or 7 more D.A. (less with an exarch) in 1000. For 1500 you can seriosly buff out.

In a 1500 list, you could toss in a second full DA squad (footslog PW/shimmer & defend, 162 pts), then a shining spears squad (4+X Star lance & withdraw, 227). They can really avoid CC by everything but the very fastest stuff. Then, top it all off with a Farseer with stones, doom & fortune, to join the footslog DA and make them twice as resilient. This whole kit comes in at 1498.

+ Reply to Thread