1000 shooty - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 shooty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 shooty

Well, after playing some, I think I've come up with a 1000 point list which suits my playing style:

HQ
    Farseer, Fortune, Guide, Spirit Stones 125
    Farseer, Fortune, Guide, Spirit Stones 125

Troop
    Dire Avengers 5+Exarch, Power Weapon & shimmershield 99
    Guardian Defenders 13+Scatter Laser 119

Heavy Support
    Dark Reapers 4 140
    Falcon, Star Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon 195
    Falcon, Star Cannon, Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon 195

Total: 998

The Farseers join the troops, and each shepherds it's group to objectives.
    Guide for the Falcons and Fortune on the shimmershield avengers are real big modifications. If I had more DAs, I'd go for 2 squads of 7 and 8, and be down one scatter laser.
    The Reapers set up in cover and essentially never leave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

hmm, would like more DA in that squad, otherwise you are largely dependent on 2 falcons and the reapers.

The reapers are underpowered without an exarch, and you are in effect paying 350 points for each falcon because of the cost of the farseer guiding it.

IF you play against light infantry armies the reapers will get outshot

IF (and it is an IF) your falcons get dropped, you are compleltely stuffed. Accordingly you will get games every now and then, where through fluke, your opponent manages to drop 2 falcons in turn 1, and that is game over provided he is competent, on the other hand an army suited to dealing with fast skimmers will down them more regularyly, particular threats would be IG and Tau (as well as other Eldar)

The thing I have always tried to teach my kids is if you really want to use an army well you need to know how to win with its troops, and this lot dont cut it
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, the list IS the Falcons and Dark Reapers, everything else is there to support them. At 1000 points, the Tau can take 6 crisis suits and a couple squads of fire warriors; they'd go down fast with that. If they do a couple hammerheads instead, well, then they still drop. Guard... well, I think at 1000 the guard minimum troop/hq forces 360 points, for two very small platoons and a command platoon; Adding 4 autocannon and 4 grenade launchers, vox-casters and 3 plasma guns brings it up to 536; add in a couple Lehman Russ tanks with three heavy bolters each, and round the list with two Lascannon/HKM Sentinals. A well-supported swarm (they'd have 55 men and 4 vees) can be an interesting job to dismantle in just six turns.

Actually, I think that fast close combat swarms would be more my nemesis; Speed Freaks and some Eldar. Elite armies, I should have enough firepower to remove safely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by WizWom View Post
    Actually, the list IS the Falcons and Dark Reapers, everything else is there to support them.
    didnt I just say that?
    At 1000 points, the Tau can take 6 crisis suits and a couple squads of fire warriors; they'd go down fast with that. If they do a couple hammerheads instead, well, then they still drop. Guard... well, I think at 1000 the guard minimum troop/hq forces 360 points, for two very small platoons and a command platoon; Adding 4 autocannon and 4 grenade launchers, vox-casters and 3 plasma guns brings it up to 536; add in a couple Lehman Russ tanks with three heavy bolters each, and round the list with two Lascannon/HKM Sentinals. A well-supported swarm (they'd have 55 men and 4 vees) can be an interesting job to dismantle in just six turns
    Curious interpretation of an IG army ready for skimmers, I would have thought inantry with autocannon and GL were all that is required,

however my point was not that these would be the norm you would encounter, but that they were perhaps the biggest threats
    Actually, I think that fast close combat swarms would be more my nemesis; Speed Freaks and some Eldar. Elite armies, I should have enough firepower to remove safely.
    Ah, now interesting if you read the rules carefully you will learn that you are faster than them and that they need a 6 to hit you in close combat, experianced fast skimmer players will exlpain to you that this means you avoid getting charged and instead shoot them, either destroying them for no loss or doing so much damage that they dont manage to get enough dice to get the 6s to hit, on the bright side, most fast close combat swarm armies lack the strength to get through your armour as long as you remember to keep your vehicles the right way round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guide gives the Falcons 50% more firepower; the fortune gives the Avengers 100% more staying time (the Guardians are not likely to be helped much, since so much is AP5). The Dark Reapers with fortune would get more staying time, 200%!

Believe me, those Farseers will more than earn their points.

Although, I may want to go buy a box of Dire Avengers and do two squads of Shimmershield DAs with Farseers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

but the fortune assumes you dont get shot by stuff that ignores armour, which people will try and do, negating the bonus from fortune,

the guide on the falcon, well you reinforces my point, as well as the fact that it limits the movement of the falcon, each time you are paying 125 points to get 50% extra shots (not resilience, just shots) out of a 195 point falcon, that is simple inefficient

More DA would be good

+ Reply to Thread