1850 Ork Tournament Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Ork Tournament Army

HQ - Old Zogwart (145)

HQ - Warphead (85)

Troops - 20 Boyz w/2 Big Shootas + Nob w/PK, bosspole and Battlewagon w/Big Shoota(265)

Troops - 20 Boyz w/2 Rokkit Launchas + Nob w/PK, bosspole and Battlewagon w/Big Shoota (275)

Troops - 12 Boyz w/Big Shoota + Nob w/PK. bosspole and Trukk (152)

Troops - 21 Boyz w/2 Big Shootas + Nob w/PK, bosspole (176)

Troops - 21 Boyz w/2 Rokkit Launchas + Nob w/PK, bosspole (186)

Elite - 10 Lootas (150)

Elite - 10 Lootas (150)

Fast Attack - War Buggy w/Rokkit Launcha (35)

Hvy - Lobba w/extra ammo runt (2

Hvy - Lobba w/extra ammo runt (2

Hvy - Looted Wagon w/Boom Gun (105)

Have not decided on how to run the boyz as far as shootas or Sluggas and Choppas. If I move either of the HQ's to the Battlewagons the extra troops will be moved to the other troops selections that are not in vehicles. Advice, suggestions and criticism is welcome.

Hvy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

This is an interesting hybrid list, with elements of both a mechanized and footslogging army. As it stands, it can work really well, but there are a few issues:

1. Which of these boyz are slugga, and which are shoota? The boyz walking on foot should definitely be shoota, and anything you plan to rush into close combat should be slugga. It's up to you if you want all the units in vehicles to be slugga though. I have had some success with running one or two vehicles with shoota boyz instead, to act as a mobile gunboat, of a sorts.

2. Using regular boyz in battlewagons is excessive. They really don't need that much protection. It's up to you, and the battlewagon's definitely better than a looted wagon, but as far as I can see, you might as well run the boyz on foot (to make use of the extra wauuughhs the weirdboyz create). I've used boyz this way before, but I've always included an independent character, like a warboss, Mad Doc, or Ghazghkull, to make use of the protection. This also leads to the next problem...

3. Your list has 5 heavy choices in it. Only nobz can take battlewagons as dedicated transports. In order to give the ork boyz battlewagons, you'll have to drop 2 heavy choices.

4. I prefer kannons to lobbas, but it's your choice. They don't cost enough to fuss too much over.

5. The list is a little light on anti-armor weapons. The Weirdboyz are nice, but it needs a little something more. I'd find the room for another unit that can consistently hurt AR 14. Or, you could also exchange all the big shootas in all the units of boyz in for rokkits. Don't worry about swarms of small enemies, the lootas should have that covered.

6. I'm not sure what you had planned for the trukk, but I'd hold it back to counter-assault anything that tries to assault your units of boyz on foot. Just thought I'd suggest that.

7. Your list needs punch. It needs something that can do serious damage to powerful enemies, like assault marines, monstrous creatures, kitted out Eldar/Dark Eldar elites, and Ork nobz. I recently had trouble with this at the last tournament I was in. I did well (took 3rd ^_^), but I used a list similar to yours, and there wasn't enough in it that could really hold their own in close combat, or shoot down the really serious opponents. Here's a few possible suggestions:

-Find room for some nobz in the list. Either in a battlewagon, trukk or on bikes, and with 2 powerklaws, bosspole, painboy, cybork body, and wauughhh banner within it. They're expensive, but powerful, especially on bikes.

- Add burnas. 9-13 burnas, perhaps with some changed into meks w/KMBs, in a battlewagon, is one of the most versatile and powerful units the orks have. Against swarms, use the burnas in shooting. Against powerful units with good saves, don't shoot, and use the burnas in CC as power weapons.

- Add tankbustas. 10 rokkit shots, even at BS 2, is nothing to sneeze at, and will kill most enemies dead. You can also use them to effectively assault tougher vehicles, when the rokkits aren't enough. Like the burnas, they need a transport to be effective.

- Drop either Zogwort or the Warp 'ead, and add a Warboss instead, with a powerklaw and cybork body. Attach the warboss to one of the units in transports, and the unit will be much more powerful.

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refitted

Thanks for bringing up the transport issue. How does this army look?

HQ - Zogwart (145)

HQ - WarBoss w/Power Klaw and Cyborg Body (95)

Troops - 12 Slugga/Choppa Boyz + Big Shoota, Nob w/Power Klaw, Boss Pole and Trukk (152)

Troops - 12 Slugga/Choppa Boyz + Big Shoota, Nob w/Power Klaw, Boss Pole and Trukk (152)

Troops - 20 Shoota Boyz + 2 Big Shootas, Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole (170)

Troops - 21 Shoota Boyz + 2 Rokkit Launchas, Nob w/ Power Klaw, Boss Pole (186)

Fast Attack - War Buggy w/ Rokkit Launcha (35)

Elite - 15 Lootas (150)

Elite - 15 Burnas (150)

Hvy - Battle Wagon w/ 3 Big Shootas (105) will carry the Burnas

Hvy - Lobba w/2 extra ammo grunts (34)

Hvy - Looted Wagon w/ Boom Gun (105)

1848/1850 points used

I probably should let go of Zogwart but I find it humorous that he can dice off to turn an independent character into a squig.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Cool

Old Zogwort can be a lot of fun, and isn't a bad addition to the army. Remember, his power works on any independent character, so you can really mess with your opponent if it works, and statistically, it'll most likely work 1 in 3 times (roughly 2/3 chance of passing psychic test, and 50/50 chance of beating opponent's roll). That's not bad odds, considering you don't lose anything if it fails, and it has an equal chance of working regardless of target.

The list looks a lot better, but where are you planning to put the warboss? If you're not sure, I'd definitely give him a bosspole, and put him with the burnas. I'd also change 1-3 of those burnas into meks with KMBs. Not only will you be able to take down tanks and units with good armor at a distance, but if something damages the battlewagon, the mek can repair it from the inside.

On a side note, just remember, if you want the warboss to be inside a vehicle, he and the rest of the unit has to be outside the vehicle at the beginning of the game. The reason is, you can't attach him to the unit if it's inside the vehicle, and you can't put more than one unit in the same vehicle at the same time. Just keep them behind cover, and have them enter the vehicle first turn.

The only other change I'd make is I'd give both units of shoota boyz rokkits, instead of big shootas. The list is still a little light on anti-armor weapons. For the points, you can drop the big shootas off the battlewagon (with 5th edition rules coming out soon, you won't be able to move and shoot more than 1 anyway), or a single loota or burna, or the ammo grunts.

Oh, and as a last note, you probably don't need the big shootas in the trukk units. They don't hurt, but you probably won't really get much use out of them. To put it simply, if you can shoot the enemy, then the enemy can shoot you. Those boyz need to be kept behind cover until they're in close combat. The points are better spent on rams for the trukks, to make sure they don't get stuck in terrain.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread