Freaky Orkdance! (1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Freaky Orkdance! (1500)

So I was playing around with my tourney lists and came across a fun idea to make a list that would portray the heart and soul of an Ork. What two things do Orks like best? Speed and Dakka! So I've devised a list around that and everything either goes really fast or blows stuff up good!

Here is my Speed Freaks/Ork Ordnace List (i.e. Freaky Orkdance)!

HQ
    Big Mek w/ SAG (95)

Big Mek w/ SAG (95)

ELITE
    Lootas x12 (180)

TROOP
    11 Ard Boyz + Nob w/ Bosspole & PK in Trukk w/ Ram (200)

11 Boyz + Nob w/ Bosspole & PK in Trukk w/ Ram (15

11 Boyz + Nob w/ Bosspole & PK in Trukk w/ Ram & Wreckin' Ball (16

FAST ATTACK
    17 Storm Boyz + Nob w/ Bosspole & PK (256)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Looted Wagon w/ Boomgun, Armoured Top & Big Shoota (120)

Total: 1500 (68 Models, 6 Vehicles)

The most appealing part of this list is watching my Ordnance take out my Boyz late-game Though once my "Missile Squigs" are done I may have to swap out the Lootas for Tankbustas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Nice

The list looks really nice. I definitely approve. ^_^

There are only three things you might have to worry about: armor heavy lists, kitted out CC units, and monstrous creatures.

All three of these problems can be solved with either more rokkits or nobz. Since nobz would dominate the list, and rob it of its flavor, I think you simply need more rokkit attacks (or other str 8+ weapons).

Replacing a big mek with a warp 'ead would add the random chance of some powerful shots, although there really isn't a good unit to attach him to, and they don't fare well on their own.

Tankbustas can work well, and I believe it's the best choice, but you need a transport or else they're going to be blown to pieces, and/or shooting at the wrong target all game. You could replace one of the boomwagons with a battlewagon with a big shoota or rokkit (or killkannon if you feel like it), and tear them across the battlefield. A looted wagon might also work, but there's a good chance of things going terribly wrong very quickly.

Of course, my traditional advice of 2 rokkit buggies, fielded individually, would also work, but wouldn't have the punch of tankbustas. Also, people have begun throwing bricks whenever I say the words 'rokkit buggy'.
    Otherwise, the list looks solid. Happy hunting! :ninja:
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Yea I'm working on an alternate list to remove the Lootas and a Boom Wagon and degrade the Ard Boyz to normal Boyz and add in a squad of 12 Tanksbustas (1 Nob w/ PK and BP, 1 Tankhammer, 10 Rokkits and 2 Squigs) and put them in a BW with Killkannon. Main reason for the Kill Kannon is to keep the Ordnance Goodness!

Though I need to make a few changes as its a bit over 1500 right now and I'd prefer not to alter the Tankbusta mob. Basically the current setup has no extra Big Shootas on the Boom Wagons or the Battlewagon and its at 1502, so I need to find atleast 17 extra points (and yea I did drop the 1 Wreckin' Ball). I suppose I could drop the Nob to a normal Tankhammer Boy...

+ Reply to Thread