1500 points of bikers, help/advice wanted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points of bikers, help/advice wanted

Well, this is the first time I've tried to make an effective list using mainly bikers, so please tell me if there is anything I can do that will improve it.

HQ:
    Wazdakka - 180 points
    Warboss w/ bike, big choppa, kombi skorcha, and cybork body - 120 points
    (Wait...just noticed that the big choppa is a 2 handed weapon...should I swap it with a PK?)

Troops:
    10 Nob bikers w/ a painboy, cybork bodies, 2 PKs, waaagh banner, and a bosspole - 600 points
    8 bikers w/ a nob, PK, and bosspole - 240 points
    8 bikers w/ a nob, Pk, and bosspole - 240 points

Fast Attack:
    Warbuggy w/ twin-linked rokkit launcha - 35 points

28 bikers and 3 buggies

Total = 1485 points

What ya guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks quite good, remember you'll be outnumbered by a lot though so hope your bikers can survived. Anti Tank will rely on lucky buggy rolls or a good assult from the bikes, although AV 14 is likely to cause issues.

10 Nob Bikers seems a bit much, most people manage with about 6-7, if you take 3 out can you fit some extra anti tank ability in, or perhaps split up your biker squads a bit. I reckon 7 is the max you need for a squad of bikers, even 6 is fine. I'd rather have 3 medium squads of normal bikers than 2 big squads.

Now where do you propose to obtain 26+ bikers cheaply?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I dunno about getting the bikes cheap, but well worry about that later!

What do you propose I do about AV 14? I thought a PK would rip into it fairly easily, am I wrong? (Keep in mind, I am a complete newb)

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power Klaws can do a reasonable job providing the bikes reach it without losing too many models. At range though tankbustas are your best bet with multiple rocket shots. If you can find a way to get them up close as well, tankbusta bombs will finish the job! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing that is really scaring me right now is a horde army. 28 bikers seems like a lot to me, but will they be able to do enough damage to a real horde army? I have a feeling that this list would get pummeled by ork, nid, and ig hordes. Yea? No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get a PK and Cybork on that Warboss. 27 bikes can put out 81 TL S5 shots per turn plus 4 S8 from Wazdakka (that can be shot after a turbo boost). Your biggest worry w/horde is letting the regular bikes get bogged down in combat - they don't have feel no pain, extra wounds, extra attacks, WS5, or the cybork bodies that the Nobz do so they're going to die if they get stuck in multi-round combats - better to have them zip around chewing things up w/shooting and assault only when you're going to win in that round. As for armor 14: avoid it when you can, assault it when you can't - the warboss tends to be good at this (possible 7 S10 attacks on the charge) but you risk exposing him to shooting/counter-assault, or you can turbo-boost Wazdakka around to hit back armor (if it's softer).
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 shots? Okay, hordes are of much less concern to me now. Thanks for the sharing of your tactical wisdom sloth.

Revised list

HQ: 315 points
    Wazdakka
    Warboss w/ bike, cybork body, and PK

Troops: 1080 points
    10 Nob bikers, painboy, cybork bods, waaagh banner, bosspole, 2 PKs
    8 Bikers, Nob, PK, bosspole

Fast Attack: 105 points
    1 Warbuggy w/ twin-linked rokkit launcha

1500 points on the dot

Option 2: Take out the buggies and 2 Nobs and replace them with a battle wagon with a big shoota and grot riggers, with 7 tankbustas riding shotgun.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Omnius View Post
    81 shots? Okay, hordes are of much less concern to me now. Thanks for the sharing of your tactical wisdom sloth.

Revised list

HQ: 315 points
    Wazdakka
    Warboss w/ bike, cybork body, and PK

Troops: 1080 points
    10 Nob bikers, painboy, cybork bods, waaagh banner, bosspole, 2 PKs

Fast Attack: 105 points

1500 points on the dot

Option 2: Take out the buggies and 2 Nobs and replace them with a battle wagon with a big shoota and grot riggers, with 7 tankbustas riding shotgun.
    10 Nobz is a little excessive, but it can work. Just keep in mind that most of your opponent's forces are going to be aimed directly at them, so you'll have to keep them out of sight and in close combat whenever possible. I'd charge ahead with your regular warbikers first, to cause a distraction, while your nobz and buggies sneak around to do serious damage to your opponent's back line.

Also, keep in mind that the nob bikers can only do so much at once. You might want to consider using 2 units of 7 nob bikers, for 450 points each, and making up the points by dropping one unit of regular warbikers, 1 warbuggy, and 1 warbike from the remaining warbike unit (or you could change wazdakka into a warboss identical to the existing one).
    Of course, this would dramatically change the setup of the list, so decide for yourself what you want to do.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real trick to the nob Bikers is not to Panic when some of them die - aside from the painboy and the power klaws, the rest are really there just to soak damage - and keep them stuck in combat as long and as often as possible - barring Monstrous Creatures and excessive power weapon attacks (1-2 guys w/PW's no prob, termies w/lightning claws... just stay away from them). I prefer to keep mine broken into 2 squads each w/its own warboss tagging along (like Grax suggested) but to each his own. Also, throwing in just one looted wagon or battle wagon won't accomplish much, single pieces of armor will die in a hurry - the buggies pull it off because they're worth so few points (who wants to waste a round of shooting just to earn 35 pts?) but the bigger pieces will draw enough attention that you kind of have to play them in groups or not at all.
    Two's to kill. Ahh, sweet sweet music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Just a comment about your fear of horde armies. On top of the 81 shots the bikes can put out, they are T5 and Horde armies like Orcs and Nids are generally S3, which means in CC they are wounding on 6's and you are saving on 4's. Also, with the speed of bikes you should be able to control the charge so something like other Orks don't get the FC bonus on you (you get it on them!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast