2000 Pt All comers, looking for some guidance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Pt All comers, looking for some guidance

1999/2000 pts

HQ

Eldrad Ulthran 210pts

Maugan Ra 195pts

Troops

Dire Avengers x10 w/Exarch Dual Shuri-cats, bladestorm and defend 167 pts

Pathfinders x 6 144 pts

Elites

Harlequins x10, Troupe Master w/power sword and shuri-pistol, Shadowseer, 5 kisses, 250 pts

Fire Dragons x6 w/Exarch dragons breathe flamer, tank hunters and crack shot 128 pts

Heavy

Wraithlord flamers x2, Brightlance and EML 155 pts

Wraithlord flamers x2, Brightlance and EML 155pts

Falcon Bright Lance, Pulse Laser, Shuri-cannon, Holo-fields, spirit stones, vectored engines 220 pts

Fast Attack

Warp Spiders x 8 w/Exarch dual spinners, withdraw

Anyway that is the initial list, any help would be greatly appreciated, basically i have a bunch of bikes and i want something a little different that doesn't totally have to rely on movement so any kinda help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ndavis678 View Post
    1999/2000 pts

HQ

Eldrad Ulthran 210pts

Maugan Ra 195pts
    not a big fan of special characters without a specific reason, so why? (for each one) and can you do it cheaper with standard characters
    Troops

either loose defend or more ocmmonly replace the dual cats with shimmer shield
    Pathfinders x 6 144 pts
    would happily loose a pathfinder
    Elites

Harlequins x10, Troupe Master w/power sword and shuri-pistol, Shadowseer, 5 kisses, 250 pts
    fine
    Fire Dragons x6 w/Exarch dragons breathe flamer, tank hunters and crack shot 128 pts
    to go in the falcon? not a big fan of that tactic, too inefficient for my money, but if you must do it, loose the exarch
    Heavy

Falcon Bright Lance, Pulse Laser, Shuri-cannon, Holo-fields, spirit stones, vectored engines 220 pts
    gah, ok WL are fine
    but the falcon is a mess, dont put STR 8 weapons on it, it already has a main gun, stick to tstr 6 or less, ie ditch the bright lance,
    also the VE are pointless - loose them
    Fast Attack

I like power blades and the ability to deep strike, particularly with your generally low (for Eldar) mobility
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a quick explanation of everything, hopefully it will put things in perspective, thanks for the comments already Cher they are very much appreciated. Hopefully some insight by me will help with further comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavis678 View Post
    1999/2000 pts

HQ

Eldrad Ulthran 210pts
    His job will be to babysit the WL's that and the ability to use 3 powers and Divination made me want to play with this guy more than a standard farseer.
    Maugan Ra 195pts
    Well to be totally honest i really like this guy on paper, my plan is to throw him in with Harlies and let him take shots when he isn't fleeting, i really love his weapon and i think he is pretty solid, however i am not opposed to losing him for maybe the avatar or something else either.
    Troops

i was definitely thinking of using the PW SS combo, but do you think one unit might be ok with the double cats?

Pathfinders x 6 144 pts
    Losing one would not be a big deal, honestly in every game i have played these guys have earned back their points, only reason they are an auto include for me.
    Elites

Not a HUGE fan of these guys but i can see their potential. However if you think they are used differently than a falcon then i am willing to reconsider.
    Heavy

Love these two guys.

Not much XP with the falcon honest, not even sure how to tool one, figured i could cover holes in AT however it could be changed either weapon wise or a different HS choice.
    Fast Attack

Again never ran these not sure how to tool them.
    Anyway that is the initial list, any help would be greatly appreciated, basically i have a bunch of bikes and i want something a little different that doesn't totally have to rely on movement so any kinda help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Well to be totally honest i really like this guy on paper, my plan is to throw him in with Harlies and let him take shots when he isn't fleeting, i really love his weapon and i think he is pretty solid, however i am not opposed to losing him for maybe the avatar or something else either."

If that is what your going to use him for i would lose him, harlies should always fleet. and if im not mistaken they loose the shadow seer's ability if IC is with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the list as it is, except for the HQ. Eldrad? Sure he's kickass, keep him there, but having TWO independent characters makes the points skyrocket, you only spent about 60 Pts more on Troops choices than on 2 infantry models, maybe drop Maugan Ra for an Autarch with a power weapon and a catapult/reaper launcher to go with the DAs and help bounce back the CC attacks that manage to reach them.

Another thing is if you don't want a movement-based army, try a static firing line approach, like the Tau, if you do take that path, then add some dark reapers, they're like rangers with heavy weapons, and can save you from getting tied up in CC by destroying those last couple of Guardsmen that always seem to survive (thought that is the least of their capabilities).

Atmos

+ Reply to Thread